You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Abnormal

Real Ghost Stories

The Abnormal

 

I do believe in the abnormal, I have had experiences since my childhood, fortunately nothing neither extreme nor bad. I'm a 26 years old female and hope that some one can help me.

This is not a story but a mere cry for help. We are moving this weekend in a house which we luckily know the history of. (We are renting it from my friend's aunt.) Two people hung themselves (not together but 10 years apart from each other) one in the dining room and the other in the servant's room which is outside. We don't know why they hung themselves or why they chose that method for taking their lives. Both were servants that weren't related to each other in any way.

The problem is that I'm very sensitive and have had many small experiences in the past. Apparently there are some activities in the dining room, doors that open when closed even if locked. The sound of crying early in the morning.

I like this house and when I first went to have a look at it I felt warm and welcomed but the last thing I want to do is share it with a spirit.

Please let me know how I can clean this house from any unwanted activity. I read some where that burning a white candle can help. What else?

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SUMMER, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
Again I must agree with Bri. Sounds residual to me too. You are sensitive which can be a gift or curse depending upon the situation. I don't think it will take long to find out if whatever is there, is intelligent or just repetitious. I hope it's residual though I have no idea what one does about that except to ignore it and learn to live with it or move. There will be plenty of suggestions on this site and I hope you get the answers you need. Could be a matter of trial and error. Good luck.
sanpom73tooble (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
I wouldn't worry about it, if you felt warm and welcomed, then it should be safe. Everytime someone brutaly dies, it doesn't always mean that the place is haunted. But I don't know a lot about that stuff, I just have experienced some pretty bad paranormal stuff, and you should be okay, good luck 😁
hmoobguy (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
I was wondering, is it almost the next 10th anniversary yet? Now, that would be kind of scary.
gogreenjessi (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
hmm...
Well you really need to wait until you have more information before you know how to get rid of it.
This may sound silly but it could help, to do your own little investigation. Do EVP work, try and communicate, and post what kind of activity you have wittnessed to your story. Figure out weather it is residual, or intellegent. If you havnt noticed any thing before you moved in, it is obviously not a poltergiest, or anything that attaches itself to a specific person.
Hope to have been of assistance!
~Jessi
SUMMER (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
Thanks every one, I am a Christian and would try your suggestions. Thanks again 😊 ❤
angel_eyes (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
Hello Summer, I don't want to scare you up but there are few things you need to keep in mind. Its sure that there are few entities that live in your house as you described the strange activities going on there.

It would depend on the kind of nature of the entity when they were alive, that whether they can harm you or not. They can be angles but can also be demons. But suicidal cases are very dangerous because those people where not happy with their life and might become unhappy with the presence of living people. I have seen many cases where one died person tries to draws another living person and somehow force him too to end his life. In my college hostel, there is one room where about 4 to 5 girls hung themselves and all girls where given the same room. Its sealed now.

Therefore don't only try to calm the activities but try to free those soul with the help of the procedures followed in your culture.

1) Bless your house with holy water. Take help of priest.

2) In the morning, remove all curtains and open the windows and doors to bring in fresh air and sun light in each room.

3) Please remove or sell any old items of that house which could be the belonging of those guys. Don't keep anything which might keep them attached in here.

4) Keep many posters and photos of your God in every room of the house. Hang them to the areas where you feel any dullness. Playing a prayer music every day helps a lot. In my case, where I live there were many strange things happening before but when my father started putting prayer song with loud music, things have calmed down.
Trudy (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
If you are a Christian then what I'm going to suggest should really help out. If you are not a Christian then it might not help, but I don't know.

1. Put on your armor. Ephesians 6:10-18.

2.Say a prayer to God.

3.Take some anointing oil and make the sign of the cross on every window and door way. I like to use olive oil and present it to the Lord and use that oil only for anointing my house or blessing my house.

4. Take a favorite scripture from the Bible and say it out loud.

5.Command the spirits in the name of Jesus to leave the room.

6. Do steps 3,4,and 5 in each room of the house.

7. The final step is to be near a door that leads outside, open the door and command the spirits to leave in the name of Jesus and then anoint that door.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
This could be a residual haunting. A lot of people find it easier to live with residual hauntings than anything else. I understand why you do not want to share your home with any spirits. For a residual haunting I haven't heard yet of what you can do to stop it. If it is individual spirits in your home then you can help them to a better place. Turn to your faith or religion if you have one. WHen my house was haunted, we got it blessed (we are christian) and it all stopped. WE had our house to ourselves finally. At least you found this out before you moved in there. ❤ Jasmin
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
It's nice that you know ahead of time that there is one or two spirits in this house. You said you get a warm feeling when you looked at the house, hopefully this is a sign that the spirit isn't trying to push people out of the house, maybe they are just expressing their sorrow. None of the reports sound harmful and the best advice is to enter the house with a respectful mood toward the spirit. You can try asking the spirit to leave, but it may not be able to. There's not much more to say, since we don't exactly know what goes on. You'll have to let us know what happens later on, best of luck.

-Hope
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
try up a cross in the dinning room and put holy water in the corners of the room, also you can the white candle if you wanna, but you can also pray for the ghosts that are crying in the morning also do some more research. Maybe you will find something 😉
princesspriceless (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
you should just ask for it to leave and the you can the try the white candle.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
Hmm, that is pretty creepy. Sometimes it's just best not to know huh? Haha. On a positive note - you initially had a warm, pleasant feeling when you first went in. This activity could be residual - to take your own life in such a manner and with all the emotion - that's bound to leave some type of 'imprint'. Write back in a month or so to give us an update on whether the experiences have escalated or not.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: