You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Sleep Paralysis And Hallucinations, Or Something Abnormal?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis And Hallucinations, Or Something Abnormal?

 

When I was fifteen years old, I suffered an eating disorder and was terrorized by sleep paralysis. I experienced this while laying in any position and it usually happened twice a month or more depending on my stress level. I would feel like I was being forced into the bed not by a being but by a wind tunnel fan that I could feel and hear. I could see and feel my hair flapping and I could hear the roaring of the fan. Shortly after I recovered it all stopped suddenly and I never had it happen again until a year ago.

This time around I was under pressure with school and a relationship but nothing compared to the issues I had had during the eating disorder. It started out one month I would have an episode of sleep paralysis but this time there was no sound and no physical feelings (aside from the pressure and lack of bodily movement). I felt like something was in the room with me before, during, and after an "attack." The following weeks after this it kept coming back more and more frequently, all maintaining the same sensations (or lack thereof).

Eventually it got to the point where I would feel as if something was following me just out of eyesight, no longer did this "thing" stay in my room. I had taken up night classes and would get out around 9:30pm. As I walked around at night waiting for my ride I could feel that something was watching me as I walked. I'd turn to look and nothing was there that I could see, but I felt like it was out there watching me look for it. This feeling was constant and the sleep paralysis got worse and worse. I must say that in the very beginning I did not feel threatened at all. When more "activity" happened and when the sleep paralysis became more and more frequent the more dangerous it felt.

Whatever was following me would feel like it was there outside at night and in my room both day and night. The most endangered I felt was the last "episode" of sleep paralysis I had experienced that felt the way this one did.

I sleep with my laptop on the floor and it has a glowing blue light that flashes in and out every 3 seconds or so. I am VERY familiar with the shadows that appear on my wall due to this light. This night I felt its presence like there was really someone in the room. I was turned to my left to sleep on my left side, and behind me I could feel it staring at the back of my head. So, I turn around to my right side and look at my wall. A shadow produced on my wall moved quickly and was small. I couldn't make out the exact look of it being tired and it moving quickly, but it did not belong at all. I then start to keep this thing looking at the back of my head again. I closed my eyes and this thing moved and sat in front of me staring holes in my eye lids. I opened my eyes and I see an image imprinted on my eyes. (This was not a solid visual; its image appeared to me like white writing on a black background would if you stared at it too long)

This entity; I have no clue what it is but it looks to me like some sort of Imp. The face was very round and wrinkled and grinning at me with the most mischievous grin ever, like it knew I was annoyed by it. Its forehead was like it was very angry or "evil." He appeared greenish blackish grey.

After that image goes away I lie on my back and close my eyes. I start to fall into this sleep paralysis and I KNEW that it was on me, though I could not see it, I was too scared to open my eyes. I had my arms crossed over my chest when this was started. I felt him shake me in a threatening way. I yelled at him (in my head) Get off me! Get off me! Get off me! And right after that he shook me while mocking my saying Get off me! Get off me! Get off me! In an angry raspy or throaty little voice. Then he let go and disappeared for the night.

The next day after class I felt him follow me again. This time when I went to my room instead of feeling him specifically (I grew rather used to what it felt like when this thing was around me) I felt something else, I don't know what though, and it only happened once. That night the elliptical in my room that has no power other than batteries turned on, mind you the batteries have been dead in it for quite sometime, and the area around it went drop dead cold while it was burning up in the rest of my room. I ran into my bathroom and lit up some sage and smudged myself and my room. After that I haven't had any problems.

I'm curious to know what it was though, no amount of research has helped at all, and I really would like to know with out digging whatever it was up again, because it did not seem happy at all. Thank you very much to anyone who read all of this, I know it's a lot, but I had to get all of it off my chest.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ALace227, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
Any chance you could post the picture? It was through a sketch drawing that I was pointed by people on here for something I experienced.
ALace227 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
I can't get the critter out of my mind, I did draw it, it looks nothing like anything I could ever place a name to. It looks evil though, I wonder what it wanted with me.

My parents have never had any experiences in this house.

BUT, my mom is very sensitive to spirits and the like. I do take after her in that. The only difference is I and "sense" and pick up on both "evil" and "good" entities. She tends to only sense good or harmless entities or family members.

Since that smudging I haven't had any other problems in this house at least.

No doubt the S/P was related to the eating disorder. I think this was more than that, I feel like the entity was using my weakness during sleep to terrorize me. Like it new I suffered from it periodically and it new it could feed off of me that way or something. I'm still bothered by it and I'm very curious about what the heck that thing is and what it wanted. Maybe it's best to leave it in the past though.

Thank you guys for the advice and feedback:)
ALace227 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
Thank you all for reading this, it means a lot. Thank you for all your feedback and thoughts as well. It's helped me gain a better understanding to hear the point of view from others. One of you mentioned drawing the creature, I think I will do that, though I'm scared to "reawaken" what ever it was.

I may also need to mention that this it's the first time I have seen something out of the ordinary if you will. When my great grand mother died (I was about six) a week later I say her face appear within the patterns of my lace curtains, it was no illusion it looked exactly like her. Then again when I was eight my grandpa had passed away and one morning I was getting ready for school and I saw his figure from the reflection in my living room tv standing in my kitchen. He was a huge man there was no mistaking him for anything in my living room or kitchen, he wore a long white gown. My mom also has had frequent experiences with entities and/or ghosts. She mostly experiences pre-cognition, I do as well. I don't if that gives anything else to help explain what I experienced.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
Alace227,thank you for coming forward and getting this off your chest... No doubt your experiences with sleep paralysis are causing these additional experiences of which are quite frightening to deal with let alone talk about... The good news is, I believe you can fight back and get your life under control once more and get on top of these bouts of S/P...you mentioned earlier in your story you have a eating disorder and I presume probably as a side affect of that there are other problems associated with eating too much or the wrong food... Sleep paralysis can occur for various reasons and one of those reasons in my opinion are caused from bad diet, The best way to deal with negative energy and there's nothing positive about S/P is to shower it with positive energy... And the most positive thing you can do to help you overcome Sleep paralysis is to exercise regularly and put your self on a diet with respect of not knowing your full circumstances... You need to hit the pillow at night and sleep soundly and getting the right balance between eating healthy and exercise will reduce the episodes of S/P in your case I'm almost sure, I'm presuming your waking up between 10 to 12 times a night right?...its not healthy for mind or soul to have disruptive sleep disorder of which I believe is causing your sleep paralysis and may lead to other problems like depression... Ask your family for support work out a plan with your local doctor...don't be afraid to talk about S/P to them either it is a known medical condition and please don't take offence to my advise after all it's all it is best wishes.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
Have your parents experienced anything at all happen in the house that they cannot explain? Or have you spoken to them about this?

I like that you use the sage to cleanse yourself and the space you are in already. I hope some more advice in here will help you resolve this issue 😊
Fulsworld (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
To ALace227:

First of all I want to applaud you and anyone else who has shared their paranormal experiences, because so many people want to deny that ghosts exist and make those that believe sound like they're crazy. Anyway, I just thought it was kind of coincidental that I too am a young adult originally from the East Coast with the same exact experience as you and you're the first story I read on this site. Thank you for the comfort and validation that I'm not crazy and something did in fact happen to me.
Sincerely,
Fulsworld
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Behoove yourself to an art store and then get yourself an easel and some penicls; start making sketches of this critter until you're satisfied with a reproduction.
This will accomplish two things:
1) It will make it easier for someone else to identify it.
2) YOUR making it will endow you with an ability to place a minor hold onto the critter. It is said that photos catch a person's soul or essence. Drawing one that captures the 'essence' of the drawing subject definitely does. It will be ammunition for you to gain control and eventually banish the little S.O.B.
Until then...
Cold iron is a poetic and archaic term for iron, referring to the fact that it feels cold to the touch. In modern usage the term has been most associated with folkloric beliefs that iron could ward off ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: