You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: What Addicts You To The Pendulums?

Real Ghost Stories

What Addicts You To The Pendulums?

 

This isn't exactly a spooky story. I have some questions and I believe that some of you may be able to answer me. A few years ago, maybe 2005, I was bored. It was summer, no job, no school, and I had to find something to do. I was driving down the street with my friend when we noticed this small shop we had never seen before. I pulled into the parking lot and I couldn't wait to go in.

I have always been interested in the paranormal and never even thought that a place like this existed. It was a metaphysical supply store. I walked in and was greeted by an older woman. She looked to be about 68-70 years old. I walked around the store and looked at all of the very interesting books. This place also had a museum. It displayed an original Ouija Board from the 1700s. They even had a mummy! While I was looking around I noticed that in the back of the store there was a room for readings. I guessed that they had a medium or someone that comes to the shop to do taro readings.

At this point I was at the glass cases near the cash register looking at herbs and incense. Suddenly, I heard a man's voice say, "You look like a September." I asked, "What does that mean?" He said, "you were born in September right?" and I answered, "Yes, that is correct." I continued to look at the items in the glass cases and he continued to watch me. I was wondering to myself how he knew what month I was born. I began to look at a stack of flyers advertising classes for something related to the Ouija Board. In my head I was thinking, I wonder if they have classes on how to cast spells (at this time I had a big interest in these things).

Suddenly, the man spoke again, "I can provide classes about casting spells. They can be really fun, but I don't recommend that for just anyone. My name is Mark (not real name. I don't want to disclose his real name). Sue, there by the door, is my mother and this is my shop. My mother helps me run the shop for if I get a client for a reading or simply need to leave." I began to think that this man is a gifted one.

He continued, " I have had a gift since I was a little boy. At first, my gift brought frightening things to me, but after a while I learned to live with it. Now I own this shop." He said all this with a smile. His mother came closer to me and my friend and added to what her son had to say, "Oh yes. Mark is a gifted person. I also have the gift, but it is never as strong as Mark's."

The lady asked how she can help me. I explained what my interests where and I explained that I have an interest in the unseen and Ouija Boards, but I am too afraid to use them. She explained that they can be very dangerous, and should only be used by those who are familiar with Ouija Boards.

She walked me to the book shelf and handed me an instructional book about the Ouija board. She then walked me back to the case and said, "These are Pendulums. This is my favorite item in the store and I think that you will enjoy this." The woman said this with all seriousness while looking me in the eye. My friend by the way had drifted off somewhere in the store by this time.

Sue began to explain how the pendulum works and helped me pick one out when I agreed to make a purchase. I chose a light pink crystal pendulum with a gold chain and I also purchased the Ouija board instructional book. The pendulum was beautiful and I instantly was in love with it. I took my pendulum home and played with it all day. It answered all of my questions correctly and this kept me addicted to it. I believe I became obsessed with this object.

I remembered that Sue explained to always close sessions when I'm down playing with it and I always did. Sue also taught me that you could use this to play with the Ouija Board instead of using a planchette.

One night me and my friends were going to go to see a movie at the theatre, but before we left I wanted to fit in a quick session with my pendulum. I decided this time to make a homemade Ouija board and use the pendulum to play. I opened like I was supposed to (point yes bla bla point no).

My first questionL "what is my boyfriends name" (answer was Dan). The pendulum began to swing in circles then pointed to D. It stopped, swung in circles, then pointed to A. Then, my friend rushed in the room where I was alone and yelled, "Come on! We are leaving!" So I grabbed the board I made, crumpled it fast and threw it in the trash and run upstairs and out the door. In the car, I realized that I forgot to close session. "Oh no" I thought. WE decided to stop by a Taco Bell before the movie. I ordered my food then went to the bathroom. This bathroom was rather snugg and the doors swung open towards the sink. I was the only one in their and I did my business.

Once I got out of the stall I was washing my hands then all of a sudden the stall door behind me swung open so hard and hit me in my back! I turned to see who the heck did that (I was mad). No one came out so I moved out of the way because I thought maybe the person couldn't get through. I looked into the stall, and no one was there! I ran out of the bathroom and towards my friends where they were eating. I was hyperventilating and they asked what was wrong. I explained what happened. They were a little creeped out but we just changed the subject right away.

What Addicts You To The Pendulums?

WE went to the Theatre and found seats. It was dark, but I wanted to play with my pendulum to try to make whatever it was go away, because I believed that it had something to do with my open session from earlier. I could hardly see the movements of my pendulum but I tried my best. I asked if it was the guy from Taco Bell and it answered yes. I asked it to go away and I closed session.

Nothing relative to that night happened again. I did, however, grow more and more addicted to the pendulum to the point where if someone would even touch it I would become violent. One day I mistakenly left my beautiful pendulum on my dresser when I went to the store. When I returned, it was gone. I found out later that my mother placed it in a bottle of holy water then discarded of it in the trash! I was very mad at her. I bought a new one and lost it. Since then I haven't stopped thinking about pendulums and I do plan to buy another one.

My question is: Do you think that I am the one making myself addicted to this object or is something else pulling me in? Also, Do you think that whatever swung the door at me had to do something with my open session? These questions have remained in my mind and I still wonder. Maybe you can help with some closure. Thanks to all who have great advice for me. I look forward to your comments.

Other hauntings by Jasmin314

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jasmin314, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Moraskev (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-15)
I am glad you shared this for me to read because I've always been drawn towards pendulums, ever since I found out about the connection it has with the subconscious mind (that is how we get answers through the subconscious mind, the spirits communicate that way), I've been fascinated. I am even thinking of making a pendulum board.
My advice - NEVER talk to random spirits. ALWAYS use protection. Whether it is a protection crystal, holy water, pentagram circle, or just you putting protective energy around you. Also command and say "I shall be protected against any uninvited influence". It is very important.

- Kevin
wolf789 (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
you got your self addicted to it with your fasination of the unkown, and the door insident was more than likely caused by your open secion. And ignor some of the comments above, pendulums are not evil, using them may attracted evil sperits but the thing its self isn't evil, they just fear what they don't understand,

This comment from Iluvanimals8 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
any addiction can be a bad thing. If you can get a hold of your addiction to the pendulum then maybe you can start playing with it again but at a much later date. Knowing things does have a real attraction to it, but some things we aren't supposed to know for our own good. Be careful because a malignant spirit can take the guise of a benign one in order to manipulate you further. Always trust your gut instinct no matter what.
Preeti (100 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
Jasmin...dont think about it... You got addicted to it... Lot of addiction can cost you... You are safe its god's wish don't buy a new one its of no use... Keep holy water with you and holy cross

God bless you ❤
Mouse (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
You must remember that any type of device used to contact the dead or supernatural beings puts us at risk. I implore you use the utmost in caution when using a pendulum to communicate with spirits. It is all to easy to open doors of which you cannot close. Careful is never careful enough.

I can but speculate upon your experience. It could indeed be the sense of being in control that is driving you. It could be something is luring you to use it. Could it be that something is taking advantage of your weakness to be in control? You must remember that a con artist is as effective as our vulnerability to be tempted. How do you best convince someone to do what you want them to do? You make them think that your idea is their own.

Were I you I would keep clear of the pendulum for the time being. You need to pin down just where this urge is emanating. Should you come to the conclusion that you are being influenced then under no circumstances should you use the pendulum until you banish the spirit or spirits responsible. Good spirits never desire our dependence upon an object.

I hope very much that my words can be of some help to you. Good luck.
CHR0NiKA13 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
I do think what you experienced in the bathroom had something to do with the quija board. Because when you play it you open a door to let the evil in. You can experience hearing sounds or seeing things. I've had both. And maybe something was making you become so attached and independent on that pendulum. In some cases the quija board could posses a person and make them do things they normally wouldn't do. So have that in mind and it's up to you whether you play it again. But in my experience it would be smart and safe to never play the quija board unless you know what your dealing with and accept the spirits that come through. Good luck.
Konjou84 (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
don't worry about the september thing. I am the same way. I am able to tell what month people were born in just by looking at them. I SWEAR NO LIE.

I think that maybe what ever it was in taco bell is trying to make you addicted to that thing. But then again... I don't want to blame everything on the spirit it's you who should be in charge of your actions and it may be you who is making yourself addicted to the pedulum.

You should talk to "mark" again or sue and ask them to help you find the answer to these questions. 😕

~Elves are little people who live in trees and make delicious cookies~ 😊
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
I don't think the problem is the pendulum all by itself (I use the pendulum every day and am having very positive results) I think it is that you are having undirected conversations with random spirits. If you are having conversations with random spirits (sitting down at the pendulum and asking if there are any spirits that want to talk), this makes what you are doing with the pendulum no different than all the Ouija board horror stories on this site (and others) that talk about bad experiences.

The problem is not the tool, it is how you use the tool. You should NEVER NEVER have a conversation with a random spirit, such an invitation is almost always answered by a spirit that does not have your best interest in mind.

If you want to have a meaningful dialogue with a good spirit that will love you and protect you, write to me (my e-mail address is in my profile) and I will teach you how to attract such a good spirit to you that will stay with you and help you in your life. You will be able to talk safely to this spirit via pendulum as much as you want and you will lose this compulsion and addiction over the pendulum that you speak of now to be replaced with peace and you will start learning more useful knowledge (evil spirits lie ofen and tend to taint the truth into less useful forms).
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
You've already asked yourself the most pertinent question -- that is, why are you becoming obsessed with the pendulum? My guess is that, like with most obsessive habits, you like the feeling the pendulum gives you (at least, at an initial stage).

Having "the answers" at your fingertips can be a powerful and reassuring feeling. Perhaps you feel the pendulum will prevent you from making a mistake. Perhaps you feel powerful because you imagine the spirits are obliged to do your bidding. Perhaps you feel that you're never alone, as if the spirits of the pendulum are your friends.

Whatever the reason for your attraction, please remember: An obsession -- or an addiction -- signals a loss of self-control. If you're truly "addicted" to the pendulum, do you control it? Or does it control you?

My advice: Spend more time with your friends and less time with your hobby. You'll be happier (and more well-rounded) in the long-run.

A.
AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
I think you should stop with the pendulums. I have used an Ouija board one time during my life, and even though it was scary, terrifying, and dangerous, I feel the need to do it again. I talked to a spirit that said it didn't like me but promised not to hurt me. It wasn't very freindly and as soon as it said it would leave me alone I closed the session, and ever since I keep wanting to go abck. It's not a good idea. There are stories on here about awful things happening to people who mess around with that stuff. Sorry to get so insistant about it, I don't mean to lecture, sorry.
Have you read A Warning To Ouija Users? I'm not sure who wrote it, but it's one of the stories on this site. Maybe you should check it out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: