You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Pianist 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Pianist 2

 

Before reading this story, I would recommend reading my other story first. It will give some information on the entity in this story and also how I first 'met' him.

It was exactly 2.46a.m in the morning. I was sitting on the left side of my bed, surfing the web on my laptop. I was in the middle of messaging my sister when I saw a black sphere from the corner of my right eye. Figuring it was my cat; I ignored it and continued to type my message. In a split second, the black sphere grew in size before reaching across the bed and grabbing my arm. It jerked my arm a few inches towards its shadowy figure. I instantly recognized the entity. He was the same 'person' that had tried to drag me down the stairs almost a year prior. It was the pianist, as I had come to call him.

After staring for a mere moment, he vanished. Not in a cloud of smoke or anything similar, he was just gone. I haven't seen him since then. After he vanished, I glanced at the clock on my computer screen and was stunned. It read 3.07a.m. What had felt like five seconds had actually been twenty minutes. I looked back at the draft of my message to make sure I was correct about the timing. My last typed word had been at 2.46a.m.

He doesn't seem like he plans on causing me harm anymore since he just stared after grabbing my arm. I got the feeling that there was something he needed to tell me. Something, though I'm not sure what, told me so. It confuses me.

Any ideas or theories are welcome.

Other hauntings by DementedSpork

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DementedSpork, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Irishlasie (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
Really interested to no if anything has happened since? Two great stories! 😁
DementedSpork (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
libertybelle -- Whether the entity came with the piano or came with the land, I am not sure. I would like to find out more about the entity itself, but I'm not sure how to go about doing so. I haven't seen it sitting at the piano for a few months. I would like to contact him somehow, but I'm not too sure if its safe to do so.

The bandages around its head looked quite worn but they were still a pure white.

Whenever I used to see it at the piano, it would just sit on the piano bench. The entity's hands would be in its lap and it would seem to be looking down at the piano keys. The only time it has ever looked away from the piano was when it noticed me and chased me up the staircase. I'm not sure whether it used to be able to play the piano or if it just has a fascination with it. I believe it to be connected to the piano somehow since it has only strayed from it once.

As for the reason of the entity's bandage, I'm still completely clueless.
aguss (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
wow that's an awful stories I haven't read before,,, well may be whatever it was need you to help him... May be he has something to tell about what happened to him...
But I thought he was a bad one,... So careful in facing this thing...
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
Still more interesting--did the entity come with the piano, or is it something that predates your home's construction that has a fixation with pianos in general?

The eyes--or lack thereof--might indicate a sight-destroying accident of some sort, hence the bandage. However, the bandage was around the head and not the eyes. Makes me wonder if it might have been a burn or some severe head trauma that might have led to blindness.

It would be pretty hard to play if a person can't see to read the music, but it wouldn't necessarily rule out playing music you just know from memory. The pianist George Shearing was born blind, and that didn't stop him from learning to play, so I imagine that becoming blind wouldn't preclude continuing to play.

I'm awaiting your report of any new findings with great interest.
DementedSpork (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
That's correct! It seemed like the bandage was loosely wrapped around its head.

Also, I talked to my mom about the piano and she got it from my sister's piano teacher in Italy. Its over twenty years old. She doesn't know if anyone had it before the piano teacher.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-21)
Hmmmmm--quite a puzzler, if you ask me (which you didn't--😆).

Let's see--in your original post, you described this entity as having what appeared to be a white bandage about where the head would be, but missing eyes--am I correct?

Then there's the apparent obsession with the piano. Was this piano purchased new? Has it been in your family for a long time, maybe an heirloom? I just keep getting a niggling little feeling that the piano is the catalyst. Of course, I could be wrong, too--I'm no psychic.

My gut feeling is that this--whatever it is--enjoyed playing the piano. Then something--an injury? An injury that led to death? Or that meant no more piano playing?

I'm just writing this as the ideas come to me--it's a habit of mine to just utter (or write) things that might be plausible or not (I use this technique when writing, generally bouncing ideas off a friend).

Anyway, I'd definitely try to see what the history of the land is. I keep getting a feeling that this might be somehow connected to the Civil War.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: