You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Sad Little Boy

Real Ghost Stories

The Sad Little Boy

 

About a year ago, I was babysitting my 1 year old nephew. I wasn't feeling so great so I decided to bring him to my parent's house so they could watch him for a few hours while I got some rest. My parents lived right behind me down a little path, so I could see their house from mine. I checked to make sure they were home, and of course, they were.

I packed up my nephews stuff and brought him to my parent's house. I talked with my family for a few minutes and then drove back up the path and went in the house. I lay down on the bed for about 30 minutes and became restless, so I decided to go get on the computer for a little while and pay some bills. I walked into the computer room and sat at the computer chair as I normally do and started doing things on the computer.

I glanced out the window to see if my mom had brought my nephew outside to play (she normally brings him outside a LOT).

At the end of the house, beside an empty field, I saw a little boy. He had his hands in his pockets and was looking at the ground walking. He was wearing a white tucked in polo shirt, and blue jeans. He had sandy blonde hair. He walked to the end of the field (he stared at the ground the whole time he was walking), then he looked up and looked directly at me. He looked very sad. He looked at me for a few seconds then I turned away. I looked back to see if what I saw was still there and he was gone.

The thing is I wasn't scared. I just felt sad. I tried to find out if something happened to a little boy on that road or near my parents house but I couldn't find anything. Sometimes I will still think of him, and I Immediately feel sad. Why did he show up after I brought my nephew to my parents? Why was I the one who saw him, when I didn't even believe in ghosts at the time, while my dad, who lives right where the boy appeared, believes in them?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Skitterbug, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Skitterbug (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
Yes Syeetaque, I'm positive that the child was not human. After I saw him I called my dad's house and asked him if there was someone at their house, and to see if there was a child outside, and he said no. Nobody was there at all.

I haven't seen him since, but maybe that's probably because we moved from that house.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Um... Hi there...
Its not that I don't believe you, but
How can you be so sure that the child is not human? 😕
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Skitterbug,
Did your nephew ever talk about an imaginary friend he played with? It could be that this entity either played with your nephew, or was drawn to the area because of your nephew's presence. Although his sadness seems deeper that this, he could have just been sad because his playmate had not come out to play yet.

Lou
ken010 (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Demon just passing by,

Ghosts are actually just illusions made by demons to turn our world upsidedown,

😁
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
I think and this is just mt opinion. He might be a ghost that is sad because he did not have enough love in his life. ❤
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Skitterbug--Perhaps you saw him because you had (conceptually) given your little boy (nephew) to someone else, and he had had the same experience in which he ended up abandoned (or dead). On the other hand, perhaps he sensed the responsibility you took by seeing that your nephew was in safe hands, and he wished someone had done the same for him. Of course there are other possibilities.
I'm not sure if you want to continue with him or not, but if so, you might leave a ball or some other toy in a specific place in the field for him to play with. Check periodically to see if it has moved.
As for your Dad, the already-persuaded do not need to be convinced, but his day may yet come. Thank you for this poignant moment. ~ James
Debra84 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Also, it may be an Evil spirit trying to get to you through the child. Knowing you would want to help a child. Givin the feelings of sadness and pitty, Just a thought. It has happened a few times.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Did you bring this up to any family members? Have you seen him since.

Whatever or whoever this little boy was wanted to reach out to you. For what, I don't know. Maybe he knew you wouldn't be scared of him but feel sadness/pity for him. Sometimes its the "non believers" that see more than those that do. OR (hope I'm not getting personal) is there something in your past (i.e loss of a child/friend some sort of tragedy) that you can connect to this?

I hope you can find something about this little boy. Thank you for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: