You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: 5 Second Sleep Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

5 Second Sleep Paralysis

 

My name is Alex; I have already submitted a story when I was in Korea about my sister and her sleep paralysis. Now I will be telling my story. Right now I am in Argentina, and I want to tell a story which happened 3-5 months ago.

I was sleeping in my bed, around 10, I couldn't sleep so I just closed my eyes and started thinking about silly stuff, like what I would to tomorrow, or what could my friends be doing, when suddenly some images popped into my head really quick, they were images of demons and the number 666, that lasted about 3 seconds, and when it finished, I couldn't move, I opened my eyes, and if I remember correctly I started praying, I said: in the name of Christ, I command you to go away. And I could move, it felt like I was being held down, by a huge amount of pressure, I felt really heavy, the weird thing is those images in my head, I read some other sleep paralysis stories, and none of them had the 666 images in them, hope any of you can help me out.

Oh and this only happened to me once, the sleep paralysis thing happened to my little sister about 4 times without the image. This happened when I was 15, right now I am 16. OH, and if it helps, my dad told me he could see ghosts and paranormal entities when he was 11, right now he is 38 and he can't see them.

Other hauntings by amkoreann

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amkoreann, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

NiramLuap (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-06)
oops... I didn't post that correctly. This should work

Http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/oct/02/sleep-paralysis
NiramLuap (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-06)
Hello, alex. I've also had similar experiences and, yes, they are very scary. This is actually to everyone who's ever experienced this "sleep paralysis." I've just stumbled across this article in the Guardian UK about the subject and it sort of put me at ease. Hopefully it will do the same (or at least shed some light) for you and/or anyone else who reads it. Cheers!

Www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/oct/02/sleep-paralysis/
DGhost (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-30)
this sleep paralysis has been happening to me now since I was a child I'm in my early 30's now I can still say it will happen at least once a year I'm trying to do some reserch onit now and try to get independent study goin on why it happens, sometimes its very sexual and I'm male I don't get any images but no my eyes are open as its happened whilst my tv is turned on and the prgrams our clearly visable to me but I can't call out or try and get attention to people in the house it used to make me cry at night in fear it was going to hurt me now I'm older when it happens I just think oh its happening again in my mind and feel the pressure when I go back to sleep and ignore it I'm male 32 and in sound mind I no come to the conclusion that is never going to harm me what ever it is if any wants to email me with teh same sort of thing please feel free whatarush32 [at] live.co.uk
GhostWatcher101 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-28)
Ok! Satan number is not 666 and the phone call an't real. I tryed it. Study alittle bit more. I have! There are 7 sons to the devil and he's on. But you got to watch there are many different demons out there
jrot (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
samething happened to me but with no 666 just demons... 😕 I hate it when it happens...
Ninjacat (1 stories) (1 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
dude,i feel bad for you if your sixteen now your lucky. Because this happened when you were fifteen. And the numbers 666 are the sign of the devil so if you call 801-666-6666 and you here any noise when someone anwers you DIE.
IceColdKilla (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
wow I never had sleep paralysis (or something) until now... In 1 month I had 5-6 oh them. And 1 time I managed to look up and I saw something like a hand with orange to gray color. One other time it was a man with suit. He talked to me on english and I unterstand all (but I don't know good english) and sudenly my room was all black and he get angry like I turned the room black and poof I wake up! One other time something was hunting me at a dark place. Then like I was teleported to the bathroom and I want to open the door but I can't move and I managed to see in the mirror and I saw a white orb behind me. I never pray when this happen. Like I can't do that. Like I only can use my mind. And it lasts only few seconds because I always can free miself. Now I feel like something wants something from me but I don't know why. Oh and also I feel some times like I'm very powerfull and I have that evil thing and I'm angry without a reason. Can someone explain what's happening to me? By the way now I'm 16 all started when I was 15 (3 months ago)
vals_world (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Alex,
There is a reason why the name Jesus releases the bonds of wickedness. He is our protector. You are right about the number of the beast. Although most people who hear beast immediately think devil, but remember the devil comes in many forms and can possess a human being. The images you saw are not good, anything that brings lack of control and fear is not good and therefore not of God.

Remember that the devil's mission is to lie, steal, kill and destroy. If not physically then by bringing down your faith. And he will do it by any means necessary. There is a reason why when people are young it's easier for them to be "haunted" or "see" ghosts, because they are indeed the most sensitive. Their minds are innocent so to speak and easier to manipulate dreams and thoughts. And it's those times that stick through out their lives that bring those visions back to them as adults. Even if no one has ever witnessed anything as a child but did as an adult, it's because they allow themselves to be open about it allowing the possibility of the devil to use them at will.

Even if the spirit is not hurtful. If it were God to send a spirit, it would definately come to deliver the word of God or deliver to you the purpose God has in store for you. Not "let the family know I'm alright" message - or how 'bout I hang at your place and play ball. These visions, aparitions or sounds are merely fabrications of the devil that are created to destroy your faith. The bible says that when one dies, they return to the earth as the dust - not roam in spirit. (Ecclesiastes 3:20) All go to one place; all are from the dust, and all turn to dust again." Demons are fallen angels who have become warped in thought and behavior. The very small number of "unexplainable" incidents (keeping in mind that most sightings are honest misperceptions, deliberate fabrications, or unhealthy delusions) they are demons.

Alex, only you know your faith. I'm not trying to change your mind or force you to believe what I believe in. I have a faith. Mine is Jesus. Yes, I've had my share of weird things happen, my family too, but I don't let myself fall into the trap of fear. You seek advice - and like the others I'm only sharing my comments - certainly it's not to offend anyone here on these posts or you.

The Lord is your pillar, strength, salvation and protection. God Bless
ken010 (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Oh and by the way,

666 is man's number,

Not demon's,

Although it is demon-related but not,

Check out Revelation 13:18,

😁
ken010 (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Yup, demon,

No doubt,

But be careful when dealing with demons,

They're the most dangerous things,

To be possessed is much more worse than death,
😁
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Wow that so sounds like demon. Perhaps because your farther used to see ghosts the demon thought you were some sort of yummy treat. This logic comes from Bleach a manga/anime where the more spiritually aware the person was the more tasty they were to hollows, monsters that were ghosts went bad. ❤
kenken567 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
that happens to me to. When I was sleeping it was 12 noon I was so sleepy and I felt like I was being held down also. So I never sleep at noon even I am sleepy. It also happened to me there was a picture of demon's and the 666 is there. I hope this will not happen to me again and also to you.
Debra84 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
My mother in-law had about the same story. A few years ago she was going through a rough time and was losing faith in her christianity. Well she was praying one night and fell asleep. She woke up to feeling like she couldn't breath, not completely. She said she felt like she was peralized and couldn't move. She also said she felt like there was someone on top of her holding her down at her shoulders. She heard a deep voice telling her to let go and die. She tried to scream for Jesus but nothing would come out. When she finaly screamed his name, everything stopped. Quite amazing if you ask me.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Most people do not need to pray for spritual protection before sleep, as far as I know... In my opinion, the whole 666 thing is a fear symbol, seen in dreams because of religious beliefs, or in waking life because of religious beliefs... I have never seen any comprehensive spiritual explanation for 666 that really hit me as real... But I do know sleep paralysis happens because of brain chemicals during REM sleep.
amkoreann (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
i am 16 now, uhmm the images passed really really fast, they were images of the number of the beast and some other stuff I don't remember clearly.

I am pretty sure its evil cause, you know, 666 the number of the beast. And I forgot something, taht night, I was about to sleep without praying for protection for eveyone I knew, so I guess taht couldve been a plus for the sleep paralysis.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
People say that many children can see ghosts until a certain age. This goes for animals sensing their presences aswell.
I'm not sure I can think of a way to explain the '666' images. Maybe something was trying to contact you. Not sure if it's evil nor good though.
Can you explain exactly how the images looked?

God Bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: