You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Of Avondale

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of Avondale

 

I'm 14 and have had one strange experience when visiting a friend Avondale, north of Bundaberg, Qld.

My father's friend bought an old cattle farm outside the main urban centre, about 30kms. This place had served as a stopover area for stockman on the cattle route from Bundaberg to Mt. Perry. The place is about 110 years old and has an eerie feel about the place.

When I was up with the family about 11pm they told me to go have a look and the old stock pens in the gully below the homestead. I decided to go. When getting closer I felt a chilling spike go down my body, I ignored it for the cold night and continued. On arrival I saw an old caravan and lots of what looked like cow bones. When turning back, figuring I'd had enough, I saw a man in a slouch hat and baggy pants walking the other way across the creek crossing. He turned and looked around at me and tipped his hat and vanished.

I was so intrigued and ran back to the homestead and told everyone. My father's friend's father said he'd saw the same man a couple of weeks back when clearing the gully. He said he did the tipping of the hat as well. I know it was long but very interesting for me as it was my first time. Thanks for reading.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mariofan69, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pipsta (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Yeah I wouldn't stress too much about him, he doesn't seem to want to cause harm or unrest. He is obviously a decent bloke, as the tipping of the lid demonstrates, and is just happy going about his own business.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
I think It was a drover. In the Bush a popular greeting was to tip your hat for someone else passing.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
Perhaps an past owner of the Farm. Probably just checking on the place. Doesn't seem as though he will cause any harm. 😁
Do you know any history of the place? Keep us updated if you find anything interesting about it. 😊

God Bless.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
Haha... It doesn't seem an evil ghost though... Don't worry...

Nice story...
I like it! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: