You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Persistent Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

The Persistent Spirit

 

This story begins 21 years ago so please bear with me.

In 1988 my husband and I rented an old farm house from his boss. The first week or so we were there was fine then I began having experiences when my husband would leave for work.

I would be in a state of half awake and half asleep and would believe he was coming back into the room as if he forgot something. Then I would realize it was not him. Whatever it was would come to the side of the bed and appear to be laughing however it seemed to be in my head and not an audible sound. It would touch me intimately and I was unable to do anything about it. I was unable to fully wake. It seemed like it wanted to torment me and succeeded. This happened almost every morning. I was extremely jittery and anxious and could not stand to be in or near the house.

We broke our contract approximately one month after we had moved in and moved to a neighboring town. It was like night and day. Everything was great until about seven years later when we moved into a pre-civil war house in Gettysburg.

I began to have the same half awake experiences. There was touching again, however this didn't feel evil. It definitely was not normal but not like the first experience. My son, who was 7 when we moved there, began to see footprints in the carpet and a child that didn't belong there. I had also had very brief glimpses of a child sitting on the steps going upstairs. I always felt like it was a young boy but could not tell. We didn't stay there long.

We built a new house not far from the original farmhouse. Unfortunately we had visited the original farmhouse since our last move to buy a canoe from a friend of my husband, who happens to live there. I have started having experiences again. It feels more lurking than anything. I occasionally feel the touching, but not very often.

This does not feel as evil as it was with the first experiences but I don't want to go through this again.

Please help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marie123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
Have you tried saying that these presence are not welcome or praying? Generally it works quite well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: