You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Persistent Demon

Real Ghost Stories

Persistent Demon

 

I am coming here with this story in the hopes of being able to receive answers and ideas about what to do. Several friends of mine and I have been trying to help another one of our friends that I shall call Van.

Van has been repeatedly attacked by a demon in their house for some time. We have tried getting this demon to leave by prayer on several different occasions, but whether we're just weak spiritually, or if this thing is just that strong I have no idea. Unfortunately, we have not been able to get a priest to go in there since Van's parents do not believe what is going on, so they see no need to have one come to there house.

I can't remember how long this has been going on (which I apologize, I will get back to you with that information), but it has been happening for some time now. The first attack happened as Van was trying to go to sleep for the night and it showed up by their bedside. It had assaulted Van as they were trying to sleep. I couldn't tell you in what way that it did, I wasn't there. But naturally the first thing that pops into anyone's head is that Van was sleeping. But this event became a regular occurrence so we had to rule out that simple fact.

Selah, a friend of ours is a psychic and has done numerous readings on Van. During one of these readings Selah was able to get a name from this demon. He had revealed it to be Sal (yeah, we made jokes about that too). Well, after every reading, Selah would be exhausted so she couldn't do it for to long.

Not long after the discovery of Sal's name, he began to be friendly with Van. Made them feel at peace around him, which is pretty odd considering the fact that he attacked Van to begin with. Although we had warned Van to be careful and not to listen to him, a demon can be pretty persuasive when it wants to be. During this time, Van had complained of not being able to think straight at all, and that everything seemed kind of fuzzy. I guess eventually Van realized that what Sal was doing was not right, and took some advice from me, which I deeply regret, and had Selah send a message to him to back off and leave them alone. Sal didn't take to kindly to this and attacked Van that night more brutally then ever before. Then as Van slept, it entered into their dream and attacked once again.

We were trying to help to begin with, but after this incident, we became determined and driven to figure something out. Around this time, I got to thinking about names and there meanings. I remembered that in biblical times, people were given names that had meaning. Like Jacob's name being 'Deceiver', or Simon's name being changed to Peter as a representation as the foundation of Christianity. Well, some research had been done and we discovered that Sal meant savior. He gave us the ol' name switcharoo. Go figure. Now that's also on our list of priorities to figure out what his name really is.

We did have a group session where we all prayed together and asked God for His help in getting rid of this thing. Afterwards, Selah noted that it wasn't gone, but he was tremendously weakened. As far as I know of, no other attacks have been made yet. Van is really frightened that to get his energy back up, he will attack either Van, or one of us since we made him so angry. Currently, we're still trying to figure out how to get him to leave altogether. We could get everyone back together again, but we are rarely all in one place at the same time.

I changed the names of both of my friends for their own security. And I purposefully did not mention if Van was male or female for added privacy. I apologize for the repetition of Van's name. It was the only way I could do this story without revealing too much. But what I need from everyone now is advice and wisdom from everyone who can. I was never there for any of the attacks, so please do not ask me what happened. Yes, we do believe Van is telling the truth considering how many of our friends are psychic or sensitive to this. As a matter of fact, I am the only one in our group of friends who has not experienced any kind of paranormal activity (kinda hoping that I will, but there's no guarantee that I'll have a pair of clean pants nearby). I know that I more then likely left certain details out. That was not my intention to do so and I will come back to let everyone know, and to correct any factual errors on my part.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gun_Gun_Trio, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
I see that this story was written in 2008 and now it's May, 2011. I seriously hope that your friend's problem has been solved, if not, at least improved for the better. Many posters have left very good suggestions. I just did a quick read of the different posts so sorry if I repeat myself. Don't take what I'm going to say the wrong way. I do believe what your friend is going though is real. I'm just coming at this story with an open mind. You said that your friend is in school and that his parents don't believe what he is going through. School is hard and stressful enough to drive anybody crazy. Also, the emotion hardship caused by the parents not believing you is even harder. Like another poster said, it could be SP that your friend is experiencing. Does your friend take any medication for any illness or doesn't he drink or do any drugs? Any of this can get a person't guard down. If your friend is not on any medication or he isn't doing any drugs or drinking, then my first suggestion would be to take your friend to a doctor to do a full checkup to rule out any physical, emotion or mental illnesses. If the doctor gives your friend a clean bill of health than try the next suggestion. In your post, you mentioned that your friend's parents don't believe that a demon is attacking your friend, so they don't believe a priest is needed. (I guess they have to experience it to believe it, although I don't wish what your friend is going through on anyone). If a priest can't be brought to the house, why don't you bring your friend to the priest or the house of worship (whatever religion you believe in). I, personally, think that your friend is old enough to make his own decision about getting help. I hope you and your friend take these suggestions to heart and I hope your friend is feeling better. Left untreated, weather a physical illness or that of the paranormal kind, it could get worst and can be dangerous to your friend. I will keep you and your friends in my prayers.
BoredOne (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-09)
Ignore the overly religious because moderation must be the way to go (Paladin_of_Christ remember this don't ever assume anything is demonic or angelic because the devil uses that anger and scorn for humans to abandon christ fool, besides psychics and mediums can meet the angelic and holy just as much as a believer so hold peace in that route, besides witch hunts are rarely ever successful) don't blame the psychic, it targets Van more strongly right, and it started with Van right, start there and keep searching for a church. Also get holy water and pray to god for protection and go around your rooms corners and put a seven drops of holy water on the corners both the ground and cielings also draw a cross with your fingers on the top of any door, windows, and then pray with a Amen. If your parents still don't believe you guys make sure they don't see so they don't think your delusional. Most people just pray but you have tomove too because God gives equal to efforts made so if you want more protection give it more effort.
Paladin_of_Christ (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-17)
Take courage my friend, for he that is within you is greater than he that is of this world. Call upon the Lord with an honest heart and he shall save you. A warning on exorcism, if your friend "VAN" does not accept the Lord Jesus Christ as his savior and an exorcism is performed, the demon will come back with seven more demons more terryifying and evil than he and reclaim the house. However with Christ in his heart and home, the house is no longer contractually the demon's and will be guarded by the Holy Spirit. Another warning with consulting mediums and sorcerers, they only strengthen the demon's power with their practices, have your friend never permit her to enter that house and practice her demonic abilities in that house again.
The demon's name is not actually SAL but LAS, reverse the meaning of Salvation and you get Damnation.
woodfairy1075 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
its very hard when dealing with demons because they are very evil spirit creatures. My advice would be to leave a bible open in several rooms of your home to psalm 83:18. I had a similar problem, and pray all the time.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-15)
I don't believe in psychics; however, I believe that some people own a very heightened sense of perception.

This is why I strongly disagree with the attempt of a "psychic" releasing your friend from this supposed "demon" through a circle of prayer. That only works with a Catholic priest present, in my knowledge.

But who knows if this is possession? I strongly doubt it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
Are you kidding me? The Good Lord helps those who helps themselves.
Now that has been misinterpreted numerous times, but in essence, what it means is that if YOU are making a conscious effort to rid your being from the evil of the world, and you need assistance, all that you need is to call on the Lord.
Some very strong religious leaders of our time HAVE spoken with the dead. SOME have ANGELS on their side, and who is on the side of Angels? Yep, that's right. It is the Almighty.
Keep all in perspective, Gun.
Keep the prayer chain going.
Keep your friends close.
And lean on Who you KNOW must be leaned on.
Thank you.
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
FinanceMajor has the right idea...

However, I will ask that you immediately REFRAIN from seeking aid from your psychic friend, as he/she is given power to to delve through the spiritual realm by evil itself. She is in fact, even worsening the situtation, as she is operating with spirits herself. God is all you need. There is no need to converse with this demon, through any other means than by shouting rebukes at it.
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Gun_Gun_Trio,

Make no doubts about it, demons are evil.
They will befriend you, leave you alone for a while but what they truly want is to destroy you, mentally, spiritually, and Physically. Attacks that you and your friends feel is a call to the Church and professionals, to rid the house of this entity. I am willing to guess Van's energy level is low and he seems a bit distant, he will need the comfort and power of friends and loved ones.

Psychics and sensitives are good friends to have, but in truth at this point, where your friends are being attacked its no time for humble and mediocre attempts to get rid of this thing. I do believe that a persons state of mind and willpower can make the fight easy or difficult. It is good he has friends like yourself to help him through these tough times.

Talk to the Church, ask for a Blessing in the House when his parents are not there. Buy them dinner and a movie if you feel they cannot accept the Surreal Experience.
F.M.
Gun_Gun_Trio (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
I really appreciate everyone's comments. All of you have been very helpful with your advice and I plan on putting them to good use. To Finance, there's definately something entering into Van. It isn't possession though. I don't know how to describe how it is exactly and I know that doesn't help with the current problem. Van's demon has however attacked Selah and another friend that I'll call Montana. Thankfully Selah was only attacked once, however we believe that Montana is currently suffering from his attacks. Don't hold me to that, we're still making sure of that one ourselves before we make any kind of conclusion. Both of them are both psychics and they do regular readings on Van.

Thanks for all the comments so far and I'll continue to respond the best I can. And I'm sorry for any vagueness of my answers. It's all in protection of Van
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
I do believe in demons, or... How could we explain all of the evils and darkness in the world?

Anyhow, I have refrained from reading most of the other comments, so if this is repitition, please disregard.

Regardless of Vans parents belief, entering a church of any type and asking for prayer form a spiritual guide to be rid of this 'thing' should work well. The spiritual assistance does not have to be in the home to be able to assist with prayer and blessings.

Van must remain strong. If Van is not fully into getting rid of this thing, if there is the slightest inkling that Van is weakened by its cunning and/or abilities, it can remain. As you indicated, it may remain in a weakened state. However, that weakened state can become more robust during times of weakness.

Keep us posted!

God Bless!
Sandy2008 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
I'm really sorry for VAN and do hope by this time that you have found a solution. Can't you and your friends take VAN to a close by church? In my experience Demons pray on the weak and emotionally drained, did something happen in VAN's past that could have triggered this event? Good luck and keep on praying
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hi,

What happens to Van when he gets attacked?
Is he feel like something is entering him, or does his body shake and feel drained, or does he just feel a evil presence around him.

He could cleanse the house with some incense, have some holy water, and what Gary commented earlier, have regular prayer meeting to weaken the attacker. Usually after doing these things the negativity will go away briefly, only to come back stronger. Van must remain diligent and continue to pray.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Hello Gun_Gun_Trio. Until you know for sure that your friend's problem is demonic rather than mental, the safest course of action is prayer. Form the biggest prayer chain that you possibly can- prayer never hurt nobody unless you're a demon. Good luck and God Bless.

FRAWIN 😊
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Hey Gun,

Um niallacaldwell opened my eyes to somthing in particular that might be happening in my life. Well anyways, hope you and your friends fight off that demon and hopefully it will go back to were it came.

Katona1700s
❤ ❤ ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
I would just like to point out that as I understand it, prayer rings work, WHERE EVER the members of the ring are. You do not have to be in the same location, as long as the prayer offered up is in the same mind set. In that it would appear that you and your friends are united in fighting this, I should think you could offer up the prayers together, but in separate locations.
You may not have been there in person to witness all of this happening, but what about the effects? Aside from the mental turmoil that one is bound to go through as a result of an attack, have you noticed anything about Van that points directly to a demon attack? Are there scratches, bruises, weight loss, lack of mental ability? Is this a PHYSICAL attack, or more mental?
These are all things that a Priest would have to take into account BEFORE attempting to rid a person of a demon. Another thing that is looked closely at is the age, only in that at certain ages, the risk of chemical imbalances could lend a bit more light on the situation.
As the prayers seem to lessen the effects, I would make a point of letting Van know that the prayers will not end, even though you all may not be sitting around in a circle holding hands. To set a prayer time, and be diligent about it, MAY also assist in Van's recovery. Sometimes the thought of others with you, ready to battle whatever it is that assaults, is enough to help a person out.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
I'm in complete and total agreement with Tonith on this one. I feel that your friend's emotional state was what caused the 'manifestations'. And that alone can be quite self consuming so I suggest you try to make him see that and persuade him to ask for professional help.
Gun_Gun_Trio (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Thanks everyone for the comments. It's been great receiving them. First off, yeah, I'm definately up for another prayer session like the one we all had before. As far as having the will power to drive out the demon, I don't know if it's that simple or not. I never faced one personally so I don't know if that would work or not. I have told Van not to be afraid several times of this thing but I suppose that's easier said then done. I'm there to do whatever I can to help, it just doesn't seem like much

And Van doesn't have a sleeping partner. Van still lives at home and goes to school. I've also figured there age might be a factor also but I have no proof for anything like that. Tonith, to be honest with you, I don't know if I want this to be just a whole lot of personal problems or a demon. Unfortunately me and my friends are in this deep enough to know that it is however a demon. Whether you believe in them or not is your call really. Our little group is full of mostly christians or catholics so we believe in them. Anyway, sorry for the long post. Other things have happened since then (I meant to post this a few weeks back), but I'll save all of that for later
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
I don't believe in demons. I do believe in demons of the soul. Guilt, anxiety, low self esteem and life pressures. Worry can do terrible things to a person. I believe what your friend is experiencing is his own manifestations due to fear and anxiety. Happy people rarely have these type of things happen to them. It usually takes some kind of trauma or heartache to induce them.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hello Gun. Thanks for an interesting story. I guess Van will have to be a little persistent if she wants to get rid of this demon. My thoughts are to try praying, blessing the house, or try sea salt, incense. These are my suggestions. You can't be too subtle. I do agree with nilla's comments about hardships though. Thanks for sharing this story with us and hope to see more from you in the future. Take care of yourself.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
I don't know if I believe that an entity can invade your dreams and attack you. Until we hear "Van's" side of the story, who can really help you? None of us, not even you, know the whole story. Perhaps he's suffering from sleep paralysis. Is the demon also attacking the other person he's sleeping with?
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
My advice would be to keep fighting.

Dont fear this demon, fear is a demon's power. The less fear you have of this scum you will find it to be less powerfull. I'm not saying to be ignorantly unafraid. Be careful.

I don't know whether Van is being assulted mentally or physically or both.

To guard from a mental attack you should be concise and immovable. Know that your thoughts and wills should alwasy be against your attacker. Always resist against evil.

To guard from a physical attack I would suggest wearing a cross or other religous symbol (it really depends on your beliefs, even a good luck charm in some cases is enough). Have your room blessed/protected if possible.

I hope I helped a bit.:) If you'd like more help you can send me an email gareth_chalmers2003 [at] yahoo.com
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
This was an interesting story, thank you for posting it. Although it lacked some details, you included one particular detail that could be exploited over and over which could lead to the undoing of this entity. Thinking in military terms, if a little of something can hurt an enemy, than regular doses of a lot of that same something could kill that enemy (or in this case drive him off).

If praying weakens him, keep the pressure up. Pray daily the same way you did to weaken him. If everyone from your group is not available, get as many as you can each time. Pray multiple times a day if you can. If a bee sting hurts him, a thousand bee stings may send him packing. At the very least it should keep him in a perpetually weakened state. Make staying in Van's life more trouble than its worth for this thing. Good luck.

Hoochler
niallacaldwell (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hello friend.

I am intensely interested in your story but I know very little about this kind of situation but I may have a possible suggestion.

In my research about demons I have noticed that most victims are weakened spiritually by hardships in their lives, eg A death or a loss or it couldbe abything.
The entity seeing this weakness latches on to the victim since he or she is spiritually vulnerable to the creature.
Maybe the first thing for your friend to do is to sort through his or her life and try to identify any problems because if this personhas enough self eateem and courage, he or she by sheer will power could drive out the demon.
It won't be easy but it is all I can suggest.

Bye 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: