You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: House of the Little People

Real Ghost Stories

House of the Little People

 

Hi hope you guys liked by previous story Grinning Lady. This time my story was told to me by my Dad, that's why I know it's true. This happened before I was born. My parents had just gotten married and my uncle as well. My parents are staying with my grandparents until they left for the US and my uncle moved to a house just in front of it. These houses are built on an old rice field and this rice field has witnessed World War II.

My story begins when my uncle hired a maid to look after their house because they are not there all the time. In just a few days, it was morning then, the maid came up to my uncle and asked if my aunt called her in the middle of the night. My uncle said 'no' and asked why. The maid said that a little lady like voice was calling her name. My uncle did not believe her and just said that she might be dreaming. The maid had thought that it might be a dream. This happened a few times and my uncle as well as my dad just brushed it off thinking that she's just making up a story.

But that's what they thought when one Saturday afternoon, after coming home from a tennis match, my dad, mom, uncle and aunt was shocked when they saw my grandparents talking to a couple of police officers. They asked why and the police said that the maid was found hiding behind my grandparent's refrigerator, all freaked out and shouting, 'they are going to get me, they are going to get me!' They asked on who is going to get her and she said 'the little people living in my uncle's house!'

The maid was eventually brought to the hospital and when released was brought to their hometown. The doctors said that she had some psychological issues before. This is again what my uncle and parents thought.

A few years later when I was 7 and my uncle had moved out of the house, the house was rented to a couple with one child. They came to my dad and said that they have locked themselves out. My dad has the spare key and quickly went to the house. He was about to insert the key in the key whole when the door just slowly opened by itself. He asked the couple if they have really checked that their door was locked and they said yes. My dad now believes that there is something not normal in that house.

Thanks again for reading.

Be brave and be strong

Other hauntings by deejaymigs

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

mEow_stOry (11 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
poor maid..., 😢
Imagine how terrified she is!
Hiding in a refrigerator?
I pity her...,
😭
marcink125 (2 stories) (27 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
Wow, cool story. I love hearing stories about these little people. The paranormal just facinates me.
sixsecondz (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-13)
my dad an uncle own a rice feild but I don't know how long its been there but they always walk to the far end to get like fruits an stuff an they always tell me that they see lil people on there tree's an they just like okay with it
mas15ecp (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
Little people? Are those dwende?

I live in Zamboanga and our compound was a rice field before and its still now in some parts of it. There's a huge tree standing beside a river near our house and claimed to be a home of the dwendes or "A'poo" of what we call them in our dialect. There's a dog cage located beside the river in between of the huge tree and the bridge and on exactly 7:00 PM the dogs bark at the river. And my cousin who can see this kind of elements claimed that white dwendes are playing under the bridge during the night.
By the way, there are 2 types of dwende that I know, the white dwende that are friendly and playful and the dark dwende who's evil and cruel.
Dadomz (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
Oh, Diwende? ._.

That's odd, really. My aunt had a similar experience.

We live in Cebu see and on this huge Ancestral house designed in all its post-Spanish/American glory. When my aunt was around 14, her room was right on top of the dining hall and across the staircase. Oddly, she heard lavish parties being conducted around half past ten and it lasted all the way until 2 to 3 am. Out of curiosity, she asked her mum if they've been having parties and apparently, her mother dismissed it (my grandmother).

So the day after, she checked it out and saw nothing but furnitures swallowed by shadows--exactly how a dimly-lit room would look like.

She still claims to see spirits from this day forward--unearthly things, rather.

She referred to them as "diwende".
lucas ermaringer (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
based on a true story: I herd something in the weeds when I was walking down the roud. When I stoped it stoped to so I was wandering if it was a dog but it wasent a dog because it dident bark so I started to walk agin when I walked agin I herd the weeds moving agin I looked at the weeds were it was moving I saw green eyes. I started to fowllowed the green eyes and I saw a little man and I started to run. Based on a true story: here this ather story about my live it is crepy but it is real I and my coson went in the weeds to go hunting. We were far away from our house we decided to go back untail we herd a nois next to us I toled my cosont if he ded that he sayed no. I and my friend saw something black we startet to run home it can happen to you in the woods. The End
Fran (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
Nice story, creepy and personally Gordon that is completely unacceptable they should kick your but off this site for your crude remarks! Good story Migs
JW (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
Gordon it was a good post until you got to the p.s. Part. I may be living at home with my parents and my mom. But one thing I know my mom taught me not to degrade people gay or straight---man, woman or child. What would your mom say? Gordon is another example of why not to play with Ouija boards in rice fields.
Gordon (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
Strange story and even stranger comments.
I liked the bit about the rice field having seen world war two. I would imagin most rice fields, indeed most field, were around 60 or so years ago.
Not exactly supernatural though as it turns out the maid was insane and the other people didn't lock their door.
Thanks, I shall do my best to be brave and strong.
p.s.
Miggs, girls can be gay too you know, its known as carpet munching.
john (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
Nice story, but it will be very scary if that happen to me. I hope you are okAY.
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-19)
Very nice story, and dean not to be rude or anything but what you said was a bit child-ish.
Cole (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-19)
What kind of little people were they? Ghosts or ufo men? Scary for the maid. Glad it wasn't me. Dean that's not nice you shouldn't call people gay.
deejaymigs (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
thanks for the comment though...I'm just shouting out to all those people who are experiencing the same thing. By the way DEAN I'm a girl.
Dean (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Nice story, but the 'Be brave and be strong' bit was not needed and just gay... Lol

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: