You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Grinning Lady

Real Ghost Stories

Grinning Lady

 

Actually this story happened to my mom. It was during the 60's, when she was still sleeping with her brothers and sisters in one house. They have inherited a big house from my grandfather (he was a doctor), so having a couple of her cousins sleeping over is not a problem. Their house was built near a river with a wooden bridge over it (you'll know what the wooden bridge is about later on my story).

Here's where her story begins. All of them came home late from a party (back in the 60's parties were great and being invited to one means you are popular), they were all tired and decided to call it a night and went to their own rooms. My mom was staying with 2 of her sisters in one room. Her bed was located right beside a big window that's made out of wood and would just open from the middle then the shatters will just slide from side to side. That night, due to excessive drinking, my mom woke up because she needs to go to the bathroom. So she went and went back to bed. When she was about to doze off, she could feel something or someone was watching her. She opened her eyes and she saw a lady with long black hair outside their window, she was also wearing a black dress and her eyes were red. The lady was staring at her with a creepy grin on her face. My mom couldn't move. The scary part of it was my mom's room was located at the second floor; in short the lady was floating. She tried to call her sisters but they could not hear her. She felt so scared and just covered her self with her quilt. After a few minutes, she tried to check if the lady was gone but when she peeped out of her quilt, the lady was still there, staring and grinning at her. She just decided to just hide herself under quilt and eventually she had fallen asleep.

The next day, everybody went down for breakfast. My mom did too, even though she was tired due to what happened that night. She did not try to tell everybody because they would just think that she was dreaming. Then a guy cousin of her came out looking as if he hadn't slept all night and just freaked out on them saying that he saw a lady outside their window (the boy's bedroom was located on the first floor). Then he described what he saw, my mom realized that he was describing the same lady she saw outside her window. So she decided to tell them on what happened to her that night. Most of them were skeptical.

Later that week, my mom was just about to get in their house when she saw a big commotion beside the wooden bridge. There were a lot of people looking over with the police too. She saw that her cousin was one of the spectators. When he saw her, he just ran to her and said that somebody found a sack with a dead girl inside. Later in the news, they post a picture of the girl and it was the lady my mom and uncle saw. They did believe them now.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by deejaymigs

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

rayman09bry (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-05)
nice story this give me a good goosebumps, I hope you can tell more stories like that.
charmed_1 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
i'll be sooo dead if this happen to me... Floating with a grin whoa!
mEow_stOry (11 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
That is thE scAriest exPeriEnce that I havE red so far...,
JuSt imaGine a laDy grinning while floating in the window!
Just imagining it freaks me out! 😨
peiamarn (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-26)
that's a scary story...
I can't imagine myself seeing a ghost, grinning at me...
That's a bit scary one... Oh... Really scary! 😨
lilu (4 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
That's a nice story and sure scary... I have seen a grinning lady before when I was in gradeschool... I was totally freaked out and jumped out of the bed! Heehee...

Maybe the girl was grinning because she finally knew that she will be find out soon...

Nice post... Thanks
maldita08 (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-02)
that is really scary, if that thing happened to me I would probably have a heart attack...

*goosebumps*
muahh (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-27)
Apart from kid ghosts, I can't stand ghosts looking and grinning at me! That's just plain creepy! 😨 😨 😨

*goosebumps*
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-14)
that is amazing! I am assuming it was foul play or she wouldn't have been in the sack. How terrifying!

thank you for sharing!

God Bless!
Ian Schrader (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-28)
Ok that was really weird. A girl was found dead. Plus it was grinning at your mom. I wonder why it did that. Maybe your mom knew something about it.
markyboy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
nice story...creepy...but I'm jus thinking why is the girl grinning to your mom...?
deejaymigs (3 stories) (11 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
Thanks for your comments guys. I'm glad you liked it. If it happened to me, I would have fainted. Thanks again for reading.
jacqulene (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
wow that is really creepy I would have screemed and wow I would not have been able to sit in that room at all. I would be jumping and screaming and WOW. THAT IS A GREAT STORY YOU SHARED!
Kodak (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
That's an awesome story, thanks for sharing. I could imagine the girl grinning, yikes!
M. (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
That's really a scarey thing to happen! The girl that was found dead in a sack must of died of a terrible death!Sometimes,strange things happen in this world when it comes to the paranormal!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: