You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: What Are They?

Real Ghost Stories

What Are They?

 

I am actually not very comfortable sharing my experiences so openly, but my curiosity got the better of me to find out more about one type of spirit that I have seen. A brief background - I have experienced two types of spirits. One is what you would call the "shadow people", which are rather well-discussed here. However I have yet to read anything on the other type.

I have only seen this type twice. They are grayish, had grey hair too, child-sized, had imp-ish sharp facial features and appeared to me when I was in a semi-conscious state coming out of sleep. They looked very solid and tangible.

The first was a female, and the background scenario was in a dream. I would leave out the details of our communication as it may be personal to her. Generally it seemed like she needed help and I was able to do so. I know it wasn't a dream because of the chills I got from her, which lasted until I got up and got active for my usual day. That chill was not a weather-like coldness but rather derived from a feeling we get when interacting with someone else. Anyway, that was my one-off interaction with this "girl", I had never known her before and I have never seen her after.

My second experience with this type was a male. Before seeing him, I had felt a cheeky presence staying under my bed for maybe a year or so. It would make ticking noises frequently, as if someone was bouncing toy marbles on the floor. The presence was especially strong when I sat on the floor (of course). I ignored it mostly, until it started disturbing me in sleep. After I placed a charm in my room to ward it off, the activities of the presence ceased although I could still feel the presence. Finally after a few weeks, this "boy" appeared to me. He just roused from the feet of my bed, looking at me while I stared back in my half-awake consciousness. We didn't communicate directly but I knew he was bidding farewell. After that morning, the ticking noises under my bed stopped and my room felt generally presence-free.

The content of my stories do not matter to me. I only narrated them because I believe that exploring their motivation may be helpful in understanding what their species are about. I believe in the presence of spirits and ghosts all around us and I am not surprised to occasionally bump into one if conditions are ripe. My question is: can someone give me any insight about what these grayish, impish-looking spirits are?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TTraveller, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-29)
The grey skin and hair, along with the sharp features reminded me of those descriptions of hybrids, the genetic crossing of human/grey alien reported by abductees.
G3_dhev (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
Well, I've experienced this incident before, but it didn't affect the journey of my life. Maybe you're just quite frighten of the disturbence you went through but hey, keep praying and believe in God everysecond, because he'll be always by your side 😁 good luck!
Michiko_Da_Dante-Owner (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
This may seem a little strange, but ever consider the possibility of it maybe being a faery? (I spell things the way I was taught, but it is also spelled fairy.) From the way your describing it, they sound very mischievous, and most faeries I know are quite the trouble makers. I also agree with ZiShu, it might also be an imp. Had anything gone missing during the period of these mysterious things appearing in your room?
TTraveller (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-06)
ZiShu: You could be right although they are actually quite good-looking compared to the gnomes I read about. I still don't know what they are.:) But I doubt they were disturbing my neighbors. Both of them were looking for me - I think they came because they wanted help from me. The "girl" was very clear about what she needed though the "boy" was a little vague.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-03)
They probably are some type of elemental gnomes. Or like you like, maybe some type of imp.
I have heard of a gnome like creature visiting a friend in a dream. It then said it would go in a neighbor's house. That neighbor had been having problems. Many things have been breaking, things were missing. After a while the creature came to friend in a dream again, and said it was leaving. The neighbor stopped having problems after that.
TTraveller (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
ghostboy001: No, I don't have any celtic background in my family. I am an Asian living in Asia, and the spirits and ghosts and mythical beings we usually have are quite different from the Celtic ones. But I am open to their existence too and can't rule out a possibility that I might somehow have gotten to meet one type.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
If you have any celtic background in your family it could be a ancestor trying to communicate though history of your family. I have never heard of that happening before but maybe you should reserch your family tree also.
TTraveller (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
DarkShadows: Thanks for sharing. I have never thought of them as elemental but you could be right. Hmmm... I have tried googling based on their appearances but no result. One thing I am almost sure, they should belong to a different dimension, because I am unable to see them directly in our physical world. Anyway, I will try to read some old Celtic stories like you recommend and see if they have anything close to what I had seen.
DarkShadows (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
I would say look at old Celtic stories if you can find them, the imp-ish child thing sounds like an elemental rather than a spirit although it could be anything really. It sounds more like an elemental so that's your best bet:) good luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: