You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Girl In The Tumbleweeds

Real Ghost Stories

Girl In The Tumbleweeds

 

My first experience of spirits was sometime in the Seventies. I was riding my bike back and forth to work, about four miles one way. Anyway, I got off work at eleven o'clock at night and was taking a short cut through an empty field being made into I believe an industrial park. There were streets graded out but, not paved and paved sidewalks. I would ride that route every night. It was a little rough riding because of the tumbleweeds that grew up in the streets and along the other side of the sidewalks creating a very narrow path.

I was riding along on the sidewalk between the tumbleweeds kind of watching the ground for obstacles, it wasn't pitch dark and I could see fairly well. When I looked up there was a woman standing about ten or fifteen feet in front of me. She startled the hell out of me I said "sorry" and swerved around her into the tumbleweeds. She didn't say anything but just stood there, with her arms hanging down along her side staring at me. I looked towards her as I passed her and she was gone. I mean, she was gone! There wasn't any where for her to go but straight but, because of the tumbleweeds. I did get a good look at her though.

I think she was about my height 5'7" had short hair, bobbed, no jacket, a kind of sack type dress like she stepped out of the twenties and wasn't wearing any shoes, it was very cold that night. I looked all around but there was no sign that she had been there. There was no way to go but through the tumbleweeds and there wasn't any noise as there should have been if she went through them because as I said the tumble weeds were all intertwined.

I still rode the same route day going night coming home and have never seen her again. But, I won't ever forget get it and that was almost thirty years ago!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CrazyCharlie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CrazyCharlie (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Sorry I should've read comments better. The girl just looked at me I know there wasn't any sign of noticing me or wasn't any reaction to me. One way or the other. She just stared at me. I think that's what bothered me most. You know. 😐
CrazyCharlie (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
The girl I saw didn't appear to be of and certain nationality. I don't know of any buildings or houses around there as long as I had lived in the area and at that time it was probably 15 years or so. That doesn't there wasn't any. I agree with you all But her hair style and dress was as I stated was more along the style of the 20's. Thanks for y'all's input. 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-01)
Hi CrazyCharlie did the girl notice you at all or was it just a residual event maybe she is atached to that bit of land somehow, either way it was very interesting the way you described it.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
CrazyCharlie (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-27)
I have to agree with all of your coments, I can still see her, her facial looks and complection was caucasian Her hair was brown maybe black. Dhifting seems possible.

About 3 blocks from where I saw her there was a spot on a dirt trail that was always cold. No matter whether the weather was 100 degrees or 50. I alwas rode through it sweating goin and cold coming out, In about 4 or 6 seconds. It never changed.

I believe that I have physic abilities. Could not swear on it though. But, my Grandmother a person of First Nation heritage was and my mother is. There were things that happened over the past years to me starting while on tour in Nam. That I at least started to pay attention to. Could've just been some bad feelings that just happened. But, my men would watch my moods while on patrol. Sounds stupid, but, they knew that if I was concentrating not saying much while on an S & D, sweep or just a simplr patrol. Either pay strict attention or be a little slack. I was probably 40 to 50 % correct. Oh I also have a guardian Spirit. Her name is Hester. As The saying goes "It is what it is" As I get older I bealieve That I see and feel more.
Since moving in here, last year, I have more visitations, witnessed mostlty by my myself, my wife, Cat and dog, Mostly our cat. But that's another story. Thanks again for all of y'alls support. 😁 ❤
Pete16 (2 stories) (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
I think that would startle anyone, Charlie! I live in AZ too, and I thought all I needed to look out for were snakes and tarantulas! You are brave to keep the same route.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
Almost like you and her both experienced a time shifting between zones.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
I got chills too, that was one creepy story. I agree with DA, and think maybe something happened to the girl on that land years ago. I know it has been a long time since your experience, but if you have some free time maybe you can research the history of the land. It would be very interesting if you found a connection. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊 ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
Wow, I just got chills! That would have creeped me out too. I don't know what it is about tumbleweeds but they always make me feel uneasy, like something bad is going to happen. We have them by my house too. Maybe it's a little silly and superstitious of me to think so, but I think so all the same! I wonder if the girl may have been someone who previously lived on the land where the industrial park was being built. Do you know anything about that are and what it was before they started turning it into something else? Did the girl appear to be of any particular nationality?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: