You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It Feels Like Someone Is Watching Me

Real Ghost Stories

It Feels Like Someone Is Watching Me

 

For the past few weeks now, I haven't been getting much sleep. It all started a few weeks ago. I didn't really think of ghosts or hauntings as a first culprit for things. I usually push it off and say 'It's just your imagination.' I remember someone mentioning though that your instincts are usually correct and you should follow them.

As I go to sleep I find myself waking in the middle of the night. I don't know if it's at the same time every night. I'll try to keep check of that but, I keep feeling as if something is at the foot of my bed, which is a corner of my room. I try to just go back to sleep but the weird thing is I can't. This fear just fills me. My instincts say protect yourself. I find myself sort of glancing towards that area though I try not to give it too much attention and just force myself to sleep. I truly, strongly, felt there was something there watching me.

I dismissed it the first few days as it being my imagination. Just went to sleep normally. The same thing would happen. It happens sporadically, however. Just to mention, I'm a young adult in college. So this kind of thing to me seems a bit childish so this is why I keep dismissing it as my imagination.

It didn't truly bother me until my mother called to me as my little sibling was at school and told me something disturbing. She said "Last night your dad, I heard him get up stomping around in the kitchen and then I asked him, what are you doing? And he said I saw this black shadow type of thing going to her (my) room and I thought it was a person breaking into the house... But it just disappeared." Then my mom continued saying "You know your dad doesn't believe in those things but he won't tell you guys. He doesn't want to scare you."

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention along with this happening. I had a truly bad dream. A dream about death, darkness, and just strange things I actually wouldn't think about going through my day to day life. I'm actually a happy person who likes cute things like flowers... Pinky cute girly stuff. So I would find myself waking up a bit disturbed about that dream. Though, the same night I had that dream is the same night my father saw whatever it was enter my room.

Also a few days later, my father, had these long scratchmark on his stomach. He blamed the cat but honestly our cat never scratches like that. It was deep and more and more scratches kept appearing on his body. In all honesty, to me it seems like that shadow thing was getting back at him for challenging it. My mother thought the same but of course my father didn't believe it. He doesn't believe those things. Though now he is kind of weary of it since my mother told him not to challenge whatever it is. Now the scratches are at least healing and no more is appearing anymore.

Last night I felt it watching me again... Its intentions felt more...stronger. I felt fear. I remember hearing though if you don't give too much attention to whatever it is then it won't keep coming and go away. Hopefully... Though I'm a bit worried now because of my younger sibling who my mother said saw a white figure walking around last week as he was looking straight at it while my parents were in their room watching television. And one thing to note is that my brother has never told anything of him seeing anything such as ghosts or what not. This is the first I ever heard of him claiming he has seen something like that. And now he's a bit scared but he tries not to think about it. So I'm just a bit worried now.

This is a new house... I don't want it to be like our older past one which was really haunted. I've been encountering these things since I was little but this thing watching me at night worries me... As I feel fear as if it will hurt me. Something of which I have rarely felt when I've had past ghost experiences.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MelodyTone, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

magicalrain (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-29)
i think you should ask your friends for help and advice this type of things can end really serious so you should do something about it while you are able to, what you feel, see and experience is not childish I will pray for you that your problem hopefully ends soon:)
MelodyTone (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
welp after this... I was showing this to a friend... I just came to realize I don't appreciate how lucky I am... Even if to me it seems really little... But I guess I gotta learn to appreciate little things more... And I'm being over analytical of myself again. Ok night =) ty for reading my story
MelodyTone (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
Thanks for your help tho guys =) mmm I don't see the shadow anymore and things did get better... I think though I'm at a time of heavy transitions that probably affected the energies around me... This new year though I have had a lot of life changing events and this new year coming up... Let's hope things turn out different... Since I have had nothing but bad luck

And yea I'm working on keeping my faith I guess I just have alotof unanswered questions
MelodyTone (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
Update: I've become lost in the realities of this world. Everything got dark... I fell apart from what I once believed in... And the innocence of this world is no longer to be seen.

I try to see the little things... The happy things I once saw. I don't see them anymore. I grew apart from everything. Maybe it was the darkness inside me... I don't know. I no longer am afraid. I can hardly pray. Maybe I'm at a time where I'm just lost in the things happening.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-01)
Hi MelodyTone I believe there is a good chance something is there mainly because your brother claims to have seen something, also you having the feeling something is watching you. As mentioned telling this entity to move on and that it is not wanted has helped many people previously so it is definitely worth a shot. I wish you all the best.

Thanks for sharing

Dan
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
Cold Iron.

In folklore, cold iron is good for repelling evil spirits.
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore

Leave some where the spirit goes, some above your doorway, and some under your pillow.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
Melody, thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm sorry to hear that you are being frightened by this, whatever it may be. It's possible that it's paranoia because of your past experiences with living in a haunted house, but if your gut is telling you that something is there, it very well could be. Have you tried speaking out loud to it? Asking that, if it has something to say, to just say it and stop trying to scare you? It might be worth a shot. It has helped for be before, but every case is different.

Please let us know how things go.
MsAngelsndemons (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
Hi. I read your story and I gotta tell you it is quite frightening. I can't do much but give you advice. I suggest that since you have been seeing things since you were little, then ghosts have an attarction with you. Thats why they come to you. I think that you should find out more about your abilities and what they are. If you understand about that, then mabey you can deal with the ghosts. About the thing at the end of your bed, when you wake at night and feel this thing agian, get up and pray. Tell it that "In the name of god, I command you to leave me at once". Don't be afriad and be strong, because the only thing we should be afraid of is god. I hope this helps. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: