You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Experiences In The House

Real Ghost Stories

Experiences In The House

 

These are some of the stories that my parents have told me about since I was little. Enjoy!

If you read my first story then you know how my old house is. Well I was maybe a year old, and one of my dads relatives had gotten married, and they had a dance. My uncle and aunt didn't want to stay long so my dad gave them the keys to our house and told them to go ahead and sleep in the guest room. So they got there and went to bed. Around midnight maybe, they said that they heard the front door open and footsteps walking in the hallway. The next morning, when they where eating breakfast, they had told my parents that they were surprised that they got in early because they weren't expecting them to. My parents looked at them and told them that they had just got in about a few hours ago. After that, my uncle and aunt had never stayed at our house again.

My dads grandma had passed away before I was born (I have a little brother). Well my mom had told us that my brother would be in the living room and look into what use to be my room, and play peek-a-boo with someone not there. One day my dad was asking him what was he doing or who he was playing with, and my brother ignored him and kept playing. Well my dad had looked in the room, and saw his grandma, and he was like "ok your playing with grandma" but then he realized that she was dead.

We use to rent off our old house that belonged to the landlord that has been up since his great grandparents lived in it and hes a very old man. My mom has told me that right after her and my father had gotten married, she would be at home alone and she would hear the washer start whenever she wasn't doing the laundry, or she would hear the dishes fall and break. She would even walk in the room and things would be put up and cleaned.

These stories really interested me in the house but I've never gone back to it. Hope ya'll enjoyed them

Other hauntings by Sassy_Lash3s

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sassy_Lash3s, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bigdreams10 (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
o well you tried to make em join but if they want to I'm sure they will.
Sassy_Lash3s (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
they may be lots of help but I don't think they'll be down to do it
bigdreams10 (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
lol I bet they would lol but its good to have them lol they will be lots of help!
Sassy_Lash3s (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
o yea, there in the group too, lol. They'd probably get scared 😜
bigdreams10 (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
wow sassy your people have a lot of experiences to so I mean lol maybe they should join the group to.
Sassy_Lash3s (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
o wow that crazy... Yea he said that he saw her, but then realized that she was dead
OMGITIS (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Do You Mean That He Actully Saw His Grandma Or Was He Just Guessing It? The Young Ones See Many Spirts. When I Was Looking After My Boyfriends Sister She Said To Me That She Was Cold. I Told Her How Could She, Because It Was Summer And The Sun Was Heating Up Everything. She Told Me To Put The Heater Up But I Said No. Eventully She Cried And I Said I Will. I Comforted Her, She Said The Reason She Was Crying Is Because She Saw Her Best Friend Joan Just Smiling At Her And Disserpear Out Of The Blue. She Was Only 5 Years Old, I Told My Boyfriend And He Says That She Sees MANY Sprits.:DD Byee.
Sassy_Lash3s (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
thanks for commenting. Brenttan, no they weren't smashed.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
When our loved ones pass on, they still are around us in many ways. The boy playing peeak-a-boo was probably playing with his Grandma. Sometimes young children see things that older people don't...they are not yet jaded. 😁
brenttan (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
But when the sound of dishes being smashed, are they really smashed?
Krystal-is-a-Gangster (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
This is all very interesting. As far as your grandmom visiting I wouldn't be afraid if I was you if anything its just her checking up on her family. Sometimes ghost don't even realize they are dead so she might just be walking around socializing with her grandchildren like she would have be doing if she were still alive. As far as the laundry machine and the dishes, that may be a ghost that doesn't realize its dead either. It could be an old tennant of that house still trying to finish the chores it had to attend to while it was alive. ❤
musicgrrl104 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
Very interesting stories. Sounds like your classic ghost scenario. A reletive dies, then they come back to your fam's house, and for some reason, they always talk and play with the youngest kid in the family. Thanks for posting your story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: