You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Think It Was My Dad

Real Ghost Stories

I Think It Was My Dad

 

My dad died due to a gun shot hours after the birth of my sister ('77). My mom obviously still in the hospital when my grandma had to tell her. I have two stories that involve him.

My mom, my sisters and I moved into a house when I was 12, I am now 34. (I have two prior stories posted about this house) This new house of ours is in an old neighborhood and I later found out that the house we moved into was across the street from the house that my dad was killed in.

My mom's best friend (Maria) lived directly across from us and next door to the house in which my dad perished. Maria was having a birthday party for her daughter in which we were unable to attend. Everyone was outside enjoying the sunshine, music and food. Maria walked inside to get some more food to set out and saw a man walk down the hall and then disappear into a room. She found this a little odd seeing's that everyone was outside and she did not recognize him. She walked over to the room and of course it was empty. She thought this was odd but went back to her party.

She was later telling my mom about this incident, and my mom being a lover of great ghost stories started asking questions. Mom asked Maria to describe the man. She stated that he had long black curly hair, pulled back in a pony tail, light complexion, jeans, and a white t-shirt. My mother sat there and had a shocked look on her face. Maria had just described my dad (he died in '77). This was something my dad always wore.

It made me sad that I was never able to see him, but I suppose there is a reason for it.

Second dad sighting: I now live in another state, away from my family. One of my friends and I were sitting on the deck enjoying a drink and the beautiful night. My friend, whom I believe is a sensitive. She has one of the auras that spirits seem to be drawn to. We were sitting there and she asked me if I was aware that I had a spirit attached to me, she stated that she had seen him around me before and decided to ask me if I felt him. I did feel him all the time and it was a feeling of peace and warmth. I asked her to describe him to me. (I can't see him, I can only feel him) she gave the same description that Maria gave, and it gave me the chills but at the same time gave me so much peace.

Thanks so much for reading; I know it was a long one!

Other hauntings by angelia

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angelia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
First off, I am saddened to hear that you lost your father as such a young age. My mother has passed and it is the toughest thing to go through. But I agree with some of the other posts that I have read... I think it was your father and I am certain he still is around his loved ones. I think people that have passed can "check in" every once in awhile. I don't think that they hang around in limbo 24/7, but their love surrounds us always.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
Hi angelia I was wondering why she had seen your father in the house that is next door to the one he perished in, I think maybe he was following either yourself or a family member. I believe he definitely is watching over you and that he is at peace. All the best.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
winwin (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
If really is your father. He is a good man, Caues when the time he dead until now, He still stay beside you & your mum. Can see it, he love you all very very much & he don't want to leave you all... ❤
Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-14)
Sounds like your father is your Spirit guide now. Or atleast he's decided to hang around you as a loving father might towards his baby girl. Thats the feeling of peace and warmth you decribed. He seems to generally want to protect and just watch over you though you never met him in his life. Yet he knows you. Don't be afraid of him, but I hope he doesn't get stuck on earth as a ghost who has not passed on. He needs guidance now if he is earth bound. You could try and guide him? He may listen...
musicgrrl104 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
Ok, first of all, AliceLeftWonderland, luv your username! Second, that was a very touching story. I'm sorry you never got to see your dad, but I'm sure you can always find him in your heart. 😁
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
Hi angelia.
Thats a lovely story it's really lovely that your father is around you all the time he must of come back as your spirit guide sometimes our love ones come back to us and act as a guide like this you will allways be proteced by him iam sorry to hear how your father died but he is at peace now and loves you very much take care and God bless...
angelia (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
hmmm looks like my first two lines got cut off. My dad died the night my sister was born ('77)
AliceLeftWonderland (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
It's nice to think that our relatives and loved ones are still close by after death.
Your father sounds a genuinely lovely spirit, and he obviously loves you a lot to have attached himself to you, wherever you go.

Much love,

- Alice

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: