You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It's Scaring Me To Death

Real Ghost Stories

It's Scaring Me To Death

 

Please excuse my English. I'm from Denmark. I will try to explain as best as I can.

I'm a bit scared right now. I've suspected that my house is haunted for a long time now. It all started with one night I woke up, lifted my head a bit and saw something white and blurry standing in my room. I could have died on the spot of fear. The nights after, I heard someone knocking hard on my wall. I said "Stop!" out loud in my room, and the noise stopped. It started again an hour after, though.

Yesterday, I was in my bathroom. I was standing in front of my sink. Above the sink is a mirror. A few meters from my sink is my shower with shower curtains (I have a large bathroom). While I was combing my hair in front of the mirror, the shower curtains suddenly moved like someone pulled them. I got the hell out of the bathroom and ran down my hallway.

This ghost or spirit or what it is has also pushed me while I was walking around my flat. It has tried to push me into the wall or make me fall.

I sometimes get really cold out of nowhere, like this eerie feeling!

I have heard footsteps, like someone was walking around my flat, even though I was the only one at home.

One evening, I was eating dinner together with the three people I live with. We all sat around the table, and suddenly a voice came from our living room. It was like a loud groan or something. I asked "Did you hear that?" and the three others looked at me like I was mad or something. So no, they didn't.

Some days after, we were eating dinner again, and then I heard this loud crash-noise coming from my room, like something got pushed on the floor. My flat mates heard that, but just laughed it off. I went to my room to find everything completely as I left it. It was very strange.

I have guinea pigs, and one night when I was watching TV, the guinea pigs suddenly freaked out, started squeaking and ran into their house.

The door to my room sometimes begins to shake out of nowhere. I put my hand on the door as if it would stop it, but it just gets worse. After some minutes, it stops.

Sometimes I hear a child's voice coming from my living room. Sometimes it says something I can't understand. Early this morning, I heard the child screaming. I have no kids, and there are no kids in the building where I live.

One night when I had just turned off the lights, something got dragged down my floor. I slept with the light on.

But the thing that really got my scared was an hour ago, where I was in front of my mirror again, putting on makeup, and suddenly, my head got knocked into the wall. I could literally feel someone's hand on the side of my head pushing it into the wall. I got a shock because it came out of nowhere. After that, someone started to knock on the wall in my hallway.

Can someone please help me? I'm really afraid of ghosts! I live with three other people, and they haven't experienced anything. Why is it only me that has to deal with it? How can I make it go away? What is it, and what does it want? I doubt it is a relative or something. Only my grandmother is dead, and she died 14 years ago. I've had a lot of pets that passed away through the years, but I don't even consider them an option.

All help appreciated!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HRLJ, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-27)
If you don't mind advise from a hoodoo man I can help you wild roses keep the dead back nobody is sure why second sage is a powerfull protective agent and third salt has also been known to repel spirits please keep me informed

Your freind
-The Puppeteer
Scarygirlfreak (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
well you could try to tell the people you live with to help you and tell them everything that happens to you or you could tell the ghost to stop! And say get out of my house and spray some poison all over the rooms and air keep on spraying (make sure you have something to cover your nose with) then get out of the house and come back the next day sleep at someone elses house... ❤ ❤
Trudy44 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-21)
Dear HRLJ,
My advise is going to be Christian. I don't know if my advise can help people of other religions but I guess they can try my advise as well.

1. Pray to God for help. Don't pray to Michael the archangel. Jude:9 Hebrews 4:16

2. Put the armor of God on. Pray it on. Ephesians 6:10-18

3.Read the Bible out loud. Read your favorite verses. Read the Bible in every room. Here are some of my favorite verses. John 3:16-17, John 14:6, Romans 8:26-39, Philippians 2:9-11, Colossians 2:15,1John 4:1-3, 1John 4:7-12, the book of Psalms is also very good.

4. Take a small bottle of olive oil and bless it to make it holy. Present the oil to God and pray over it and ask God to bless it. Anoint every door and window in your apartment. Use the oil and make the sign of the cross on every door and window As you are anointing say " I anoint this place in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. I command every demonic force to leave this room in the name of Jesus."

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 in every room.

6.Go to a door that leads to the outside and command the demonic forces to leave your apartment in the name of Jesus.

7.Do this once a week for 1-2 months, then do this once a month for about 6 months and then once a year should be ok.

8. Use the holy oil just for blessing your house or anointing your house. Don't use the oil for cooking. Also if you are Catholic you can use holy water if you prefer.

If you want you can e-mail me at trdstockner [at] gmail.com To let me know if my advise worked or not.
MickeyMalice (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
When you said you told the noises to stop and they did but started up again an hour later is interesting. They very same thing happens to me. I believe that my house has paranormal activity. If the activity is really bothering you, you could go to a priest and ask him to bless the house.
THEGOD (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
did this really happen? 🤔ok your ghost must be angry with you. Use polaroid cameras in your room, from polaroid cameras you can really see whether this is true or not okay? Then msg me again, happens any neighbouring kids may cry!
ozzy (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
when did you first start having ghost excpeirence. A. Did it start at an early age B. Later on in life or C. When you moved into the building. If your answer is C I would recomend to move out. The ghost may just target you cause your the weakest one as well of the other people you live with I hope you take my advice to move out if this started when you moved in
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
This is really interesting, PLEASE PLEASE DO SOME RESEARCH any research get others in the building to help too. I ask this because I would like to know its past. Personally reading this, I feel like a murder happened there maybe not even on purpose, it may have been an accident. I got this because you said you heard screaming and you got punched into the wall? Maybe its just trying to get your attention... Personally I believe it is your will to fight which helps. Tell it to leave you alone, I understand that at the time its not so easy but just try... Hope it all goes well for you❤
dutch1angel (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
bless the whole flat with holy water that's from the church and bless the flat lots of times if that doesn't work get the preist to bless the flat with holy water 😁
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
definatley sounds demonic if its trying to hurt you! Get a priest or someone to excercise it and get it out of there? Also if you show fear, they feed on that... Scary stuff!
Phoebe (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
Maybe if you stop being scared of it it will leave you alone since your roomates don't hear it good luck hope nothing bad happens! 😨
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
I think your room mate (s) are becoming wise to something going on. Perhaps they will also become a focus for this haunt. You can only pretend for so long that nothing is happening.
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
geesh I've experienced like the first 2 or 3 but the rest if bad I'd get so mad if it pushed me or something

I think it go to you cause you fear it and your roommates or whatever don't seem to be if there laughing about it
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
Good. I am so anxious, lately, that every time I ask a question someone is going to blow up at me, that I almost hesitate to try to figure out some things. I appreciate that, thank you.
I understood you completely, thank you. I asked about THAT as we lived in an apartment HOUSE (lower apartment and upper apartment only. Nothing to the sides) that sounded like someone was knocking on the walls. It creeped us out so badly, that every time it knocked, my then four year old daughter (she is now 17) would shout "Get outta here!" and honestly, it seemed to stop at that command.
What we found out later was that WHILE they were walking up their stairs to get INTO their apartment, if they touched the wall, or a bag hit the side, they set something on the step less than gently, it would come through the walls AS a knock.
Same apartment, different room: We would hear what sounded like something was trapped within the walls. We had vermin control come out to check into it, had an electrician in, the landlord checked into the plumbing. Anything that sounded plausible, we tried checking into. Come to find out, there was a tiny little hole in the foundation of the house that was allowing in the wind. When the wind encountered obstacles in the wall, it just pushed it up against the structure, and sometimes it sounded like a knock.
I am wondering if perhaps a similar thing may be happening there, what with the attic being a common room and all. The footsteps could all be in that there are others living nearby and the sound is reverberating off the building itself. Voices could be in that voices carry in apartment buildings. Our guinea pigs used to scatter and hide if a bug flew at them.
But the shower curtain and the shove can not be so "easily" explained away, obviously.
Hmmm. You got me thinking. Thank you for that.
Wa-do.
HRLJ (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
whitebuffalo: I know you're not trying to call me a liar, and I understand that you ask questions, so it's perfectly fine:D
I think that every apartment has a hallway, small or big. It is in MY apartment. We have a hallway that measures about 5 metres. I can say without doubt that it came from the other side. You can kind of hear it. The sound is a bit weaker if it's someone knocking on the other side. I hope you understand me. The attic is a shared space. The top floor in my building. I never go up there, it scares me:P But I think every attic is scary.
About the showercurtain: I remember it kind of got those "lines" as if someone was grabbing it. But it freaked me out and I looked away quickly, so that's all I can remember.
And thank you so much for the advice!
😁 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
Very good. Thank you so much.
The hallway. Is in YOUR section of the building? In YOUR flat? Or is it one of the outside halls leading to others doors to their flats? And you can undoubtedly say that it came from the OTHER side (as opposed to both the side you were ON, and INside the wall), right? Is the attic in YOUR living area? Or is it a "shared" space, as in for storage and such as some basements can be in apartments?
With the building having been built in the 1800's, chances are pretty high that there has been some kind of renovations at SOME time. There is a theory floating around that the materials USED in building can ALSO contribute to sightings. Either in the friction of different materials, or even in the breaking down of said materials.
If I understood the shower curtain right (I am sorry, measurement conversion was never one of my strong suits), it was moved from about half way up the curtain. Did I get that right? Did you happen to see (I realise you were scared and may have "missed" some things, I am NOT trying to call you out or call you a liar. Please believe that) the "triangle" on the curtain that should be there if YOU take your hand and move that same curtain? And if so, was that near the top of the movement? Or did it seem to move, all at once and uniformly?
The reason I am asking THOSE questions is that it could point to the "height" of the individual moving it.
As I said, aside from the aggressiveness of the head punch, most of this SOUNDS pretty benign. It does sound progressive, and that is where the danger may lie. I am not talking about an all out wage of war, here. It really does not SOUND as if it will go that far.
I would suggest, as I previously posted that you take command. No one else will be able to do this for you. YOU will have to, as most often there are no other witnesses, though they be WITH you. Something wants YOUR attention.
So give it to "them".
Very calmly, but clearly and firmly state something to the effect of "Yes, I know you are here, but you are NOT welcome. I take ownership of MY home, and want you out. You MUST leave." Say it every time you sense anything that may appear to be other than living there.
The beauty of this is that you do NOT have to verbalise any of this out loud (which is GREAT, because then no one will think you are talking to yourself). As long as your intent is pure (which it really sounds as it is), they will have no choice but to take you seriously.
After you have done that, I would suggest perhaps bringing in a few herbs. Perhaps pot some White Sage, Basil, Hyacinth, Peppermint. Maybe place some lavender in your doorway (the Old Ones say that lavender placed in the keyholes, or at the entrance of the home repel ghosts.)
Just a few suggestions that would eliminate the "need" of calling in a Priest.
Wa-do.
HRLJ (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
whitebuffalo - Oh, and about the shower curtains - They are about two metres tall and it moved at about 1,20 metres. I hope you understand me. There is no window in my bathroom. We open the door to get fresh air in
HRLJ (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
whitebuffalo - Of course I will try to explain, but it might not be a very good explanation... Yes, I wrote "house" accidentally. I meant flat. Like you said, an apartment within a larger building of apartments.
There are about 8 apartments in the building I live in. I think it was build in about 1800-something. I don't know much about it. It's not old-looking.
The knock came from the other side of the wall. As I wrote, it came from the hallway. But on the other side of the wall in the hallway, there are stairs that leads up to the attic.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
I am not sure how housing is in Denmark, so please forgive my not knowing this answer, just trying to get a feel for the place you live in. For ME a "flat" is an apartment within a larger building of apartments. You also wrote "house". Houses can be divided into apartments, on a smaller scale.
So, I am a little confused as to how the living arrangements really are. Would you mind terribly describing the building you reside in?
Some of your issue may simply be in the proximity of the next living individual.
The wall that you heard the knocking on. Did the knock come from the side that YOU were on, or the opposite side? What is on the other side of that wall?
Are there any vents, windows, fans in the bathroom? When the shower curtain moved, about how far? At what height?
Personally, I do not think you will be needing to call in a Priest, honestly. It really DOES sound (as StMikal suggested) as if YOU have the "power" over whoever this is. Honestly, for me, it really feels like children playing. Yes, I know the punch to the head was a mite, uh, aggressive. But you have been trying to pretend that these things have not been happening, so it IS possible that they were just stepping it up a notch to get recognition.
I would suggest that the next time you hear, or see anything that is less than comforting to you, simply state clearly and firmly that this is YOUR home and they are not welcome there. If it takes saying it several times, so be it. Even a house smudging, or blessing sometimes needs a "re-do" or two.
Wa-do.
HRLJ (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
Thanks everyone! If it continues, I will try to get a priest to bless my flat, although I don't believe in God. Right now I'm desperate because I'm so scared! Ghosts scare me, and I hate that this is happening to me.

Sundaydrive - I am not the only female, there are two other females and a man that lives with me in my flat. And I felt like a powerful punch on the left side of my head, and then my head banged into the wall.
Hobbyholly - No, I don't know anything about my flat's history. There can't be much to say, but I'll definitely look into it!
Pjod - I'm not religious, but one night I got so scared of the banging noise that I tried to pray to God for help. If he is there, I would appreciate him helping me!
Fashionista777 - Actually, yesterday they heard the little kid I sometimes hear. This time it was giggling. One of them said "Was that a laugh or someone crying?"... I just shrugged my shoulders. They don't really believe in ghosts. I have tried to tell them about what I'm experiencing but they think I'm mad! I'm not.
DARKNESS - No, I have never fooled around with paranormal games and stuff. I stay away from those things.
DannyBruise - When I have researched a bit, I will definitely get back to you!
StMikal - I'm not religious, but one night I was in my bed with the lights on and everything. I sleep with the lights on now because I'm so scared. I felt something in my room. I got the creeps, and then I said "Get out in Jesus' name!"... I don't know where it came from, but suddenly the eerie feeling went away. It came back the next night, though.
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
i think that you already have an answer. You said that when you were in your room and there was banging on the wall you said stop. When you said that the spirit stopped. Even though it started up again after a while it still stopped. Just think about it. You have more power then you think. That is you flat. That is your place where you should feel comfortable and at home. You have to tell this spirit straight out that it is not welcomed and it needs to leave. Its still there because you are dealing with it. In a way you are allowing it to stay and continue to cause trouble. You are more sensitive than your roommates, that can be the reason it is only in contact with you. But be brave and realize your energy is stronger. You have to believe it for it to be affective. I hope everything turns out well. Keep us updated. Take care
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
I agree with hobbyholly.
I seriously think you should do some research on your house.
And by the way, just because no one else is experiencing what you're going through does no way in hell make it not a real experience for you. Maybe you might be more in tuned to whatever forces are in your place.
Would love to hear back from you about your research.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
HRLJ I believe something is definitely trying to get your attention had you dabbled around with the occult maybe at all before this happened? As hobbyholly mentioned the houses history is also a starting point to find out why this is happening to you, your room mates might not be as sensitive as you so that is why they have not experienced anything happening in your flat. I would be wary though it pushing your head in to the wall sounds as though it could be a malevolent spirit. It is feeding of your fear of it making it the events you experience most likely happen more often.
You could try a smudging ceromony or instuct it to leave you alone and it is not welcome in your home in a stern voice but with respect also, this has been known to work in previous events. I wish you all the best.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
I agree with Pjod that maybe it's harassing only you because it can sense your fear. I don't blame you one bit; I would be freaked out if those things were happening in my home. Are your 3 other roommates skeptical of ghosts, and do you think that's why they laughed off the loud bang? Most people are of the mentality, "I didn't believe in ghosts until I experienced it myself." Sorry to say, but I kind of hope your roommates have an experience, so they can validate your feelings, and you will not feel so "alone," and/or "afraid of going crazy." If you have a particular faith, praying out loud to banish this "thing," and blessing your house, especially your bedroom, will give you some peace of mind.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
Well, something is really trying to scare you there. Sounds like it is rather strong/intense. Folks will suggest a good smudging/cleansing of the home. Burning sage/smoke every inch of your flat. Perhaps this will calm things down. Do you pray much? Many will throw a lot of religious advice. I personally would try both, and when this thing messes with you, try not to give a reaction. It may even benefit to give an adverse reaction, like giggling. If many are correct, perhaps these haunts do feed off of fear.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
I hate to sound like a broken record but do you know the history of the home/land?

That would be a start
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
Moongrim, how do you come up with this stuff? I'm not being disrespectful, I'm really wanting to know.

HRLJ this is one of those times when we just can't rely on the senses of those living with us, isn't it? How frustrating it must be for you.
Are you the only female living in that house? I'm just batting the idea around that maybe it's playing with you cause you're a girl. When it pushed your head into the wall, did you feel the hand first (like when friends are messing around and do the hand on the body and then shove you) or was it more like a "punch" or whatever?
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
Cold Iron.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore

Has been of good use to protect oneself from malevolent spirits in the both the old and new worlds.

And it works for me and mine.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: