You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: I Keep Scaring My Girlfriend

Real Ghost Stories

I Keep Scaring My Girlfriend

 

A couple of nights now my girlfriend has told me that when she wakes up to use the bathroom, she tells me that I am staring at her with a smile on my face. But I have no recollection of doing so. Now when she goes to the washroom she is wakes me up, so that she doesn't open the door and sees me staring at her.

And the following night when she opened the door to come out of the washroom I was facing the other side of the bed. When she opened the door my whole body turned and looked straight at her, to the point that it made her scream.

And with her being pregnant, I don't want her having a miscarriage because of me scaring the crap out of her. And it scares her so much that she cries herself to sleep or she will wake me up to let me know what has happened that night. Should I be scared that I am doing this? What should I do? Is a ghost possessing me?

Kind of creepy and the girlfriend says that if it keeps happening that she is going to leave me until I get the help that I need. I don't want it to come to that. I need some advice? Hopefully someone can give me something that I can use to help me comfort my girlfriend overcome this because I have nothing else to tell her.

I am a strong believer of the after life I believe there are spirits that walk among us, and that can communicate but never thought that it would happen to me. If this is what is happening to me what do I do to help?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nativejowe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Niksterrific (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-22)
Hi, I agree with hbdave, set up a camera and record what is happening during the night, then maybe take the footage to a doctor or a priest and try to get some answers, I am sure it is just a form of sleep walking, people have been known to perform all kinds of tasks during sleep such as cooking and even driving! I hope you, your girlfriend, and the little papoose that's on the way will be blessed with peace and happiness.
InGodITrust (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
This usually happens with alcoholics. When they reach the point of blackouts they change character. However; I am not doubting that some type of paranormal event is taking place. For example, some people have stated that their spouses who were heavy drinkers who passed out after a heavy binge usually make unusual verbal sounds i.e. Evil growls, evil sounding laughs, etc. They appear as if some entity has taken over. On a spiritual note, it would only make sense that if you are a drug abuser/alcoholic etc... That leaves ground for negativity to invade your psyche. You leave yourself open for negative spirits/demons/negative vibes (whatever you want to call them they are all the same) to take control... Most people do not even recognize the invasion. Remember the devil/negative/whatever you want to call it... Is real... If you believe in God then you must believe in the Devil. Stay positive and always know that God over-rides negativity... Keep close to our Lord and communicate with him your feelings/worries/emotions/events...etc. He loves us so much... No worries!
Scarygirlfreak (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Ask every priest from church to help you their a very great help if you ask me "but hey! What do I know?!" 😁 😁 😁
shakesta (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-03)
i have a boyfriend that does the same thing to me everynight. It scares me so much that I have ran out of the house a lot of times. He never remembers it but he does it everynight. I know its not sleep walking. I know its something that comes over him. He stares and smiles and its not him. He does drink when he gets off work at midnight. And it happens usually once he has had a few drinks. Hes not a violent man but the smile that he gives me scares me. I think there is more to the story I'm still trying to figure it out myself
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
maybe it is sleep walking, I highly dout your possessed but hey I'm 13 what do I know?
Tiggy (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
You are not possessed. You are experiencing some kind of sleep walking issue, though it's not entirely like sleep walking because for the most part, you remain stationary as it happens.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
This must realy be scary for your girlfriend. I'm very glad that Rhodes gave a scientific explanation for this. To be honest with you its good that this is no possesion. Seeing a doctor can help you both. You won't be scaring your girlfriend and she could have a good nights sleep. Thanks fro sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
I agree with rhodes. I could not stop laughing. I just thought that it was pretty funny. I know it wasn't intended to be funny though. I don't think you are being possessed or anything. I think maybe it is just a sleep disorder. I also believe recording yourself while you sleep is a great idea. I am going to do some research then I may comment back with some new info.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
This doesn't sound paranormal or religious to me in any way. Apparently, I used to carry on full conversations in my sleep. I would laugh, cry, giggle, and do all sorts of strange things (once, I think I tried to use the refrigerator as a toilet... I was like six years old, lol) and it was all just a stress-related sleep disorder. I suggest just seeing a plain ol' doctor and ask about some stress management remedies, or medication for sleep disorders. Good luck!
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Go to church and keep praying to God. It might be a demon controlling or you might just have sleep walk problem. I know you're not walking. I don't know the term but hope you know what I mean.

Good Luck
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Pregnant women are so harmonal it's not even funny. I am not sure you are even doing what she claims you are doing but it may be her own dream state that is propelling this. Maybe if you would commit and marry this girl her fears would subside. Now don't go getting married because of what I say but it does sound like an insecurity problem on her part to me. Nothing personal here just an observation.
curiousgal99 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
oh my. I would be terrified to wake up to that.
Im sure its possible its just a sleeping disorder of some sort... Or I hope so. Demons are quite scary. I said an our father for you. I hope you have a happy healthy baby:]
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
I also believe a demon is temporarily possessing you for the sole fact of wrecking havoc on your girlfriend's pregnancy. You can ask God to put a wall around the two of you at all times to block this demon (s) off, simply by pleading the blood of Jesus every night before you sleep; you should also dedicate a week to intense prayer and rebuking whatever the spirit may be, though you may not sense it at the time, believe it can still hear you as they have a very keen sense of hearing.
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Actually, nativejowe, I've had this happen to me. One night, I was startled awake by an eerie feeling of being watched. I turned and saw my husband, who was staring at me with this weird grin on his face, and he was giggling, an elfish/impish chuckle. It absolute terrified me! There was no trace of his humanity in his face or his eyes. So I reached out and took his hand, called him by name, and told him to say "The Lord's Prayer" with me. He closed his eyes and repeated the prayer with me, in his own, mumbling voice. The impish tone was gone. The next morning, he didn't remember anything other than I woke him up to say "The Lord's Prayer." (BTW, he's not of a strong faith, but he knew the words.)

MY OPINION is that my husband was temporarily indwelt by something. As a child, I saw this happen with both my parents, as well. I KNOW that it can, indeed, happen.

Don't know what this means about your own experience. I'm just sharing mine, and I wanted to tell you what worked for me.

Best wishes for a healthy, happy baby.
Lisa 😊
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Erm...I think you're just sleepwalking. Probably stress due to the new baby. I REALLY don't think this is anything paranormal and frankly I'm rather surprised that your story was published here. It's misleading to you to suppose this is being caused by "possession" or something otherworldly. You are sleepwalking/doing things in your sleep.
Schism (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Wow, the image I have in my head of what you must've looked like when you turned to stare totally creeped me out!

I think you should see a sleep doctor. I used to walk and talk AND stare at my family in my sleep. They'd find me standing and staring at them in the hallway and I'd creep them out. So I feel for your girlfriend.

I'd suggest seeing a doc though. I don't believe this is paranormal.

Wish you two the best!
ElectricTNT (1 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
I think rohdes68 is right. I believe that you are suffering from a sleep disorder. Sleep walking, sleep staring and night terrors are a treatable condition. Check with your local hospital as many now have clinics to treat sleep disorders. If your condition is severe, there are medications that can bring it under control.
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Its a creepy situation but its not paranormal. People do all kinds of crazy stuff while they're asleep. I for instance was scared as a small child and therefore I wake up between 1 and 20 times a night sometimes more often. Its something I have dealt with though just like you need to deal with your; It used to bug my last girlfriend to no end because I was so constantly restless. You need to address the situation with your doctor.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
nativejowe I had to come back since I just double checked something with my parents.

When I was a child on many occassions my parents would find me in bed in the middle of the night staring at nothing in particular. They initially thought I had awaken from my sleep but when they spoke to me, I would not blink or respond. At one time-that I partially recall- I must have had my eyes open again cause suddenly I detected some sort of change or movement while obviously drifting in and out of sleep. I think I subconsciously connected the image of someone over me with the rest of my dream cause as my parents claim, as soon as I perceived them, I momentarily moved my eyes but then continued to drift back into sleep. I recall my father's voice and I was told I answered back to him but continued to sleep. Since this happened a few times, my parents consulted a doctor only to realise that due to various changes in my life, some exciting, some disturbing, I was experiencing "underlined trauma or tension", thus sleeping with my eyes open.

If the coming birth of your child is some sort of change along with the excitement it provokes, maybe you are experiencing some stress which could provoke all that.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
There's the term "sleep-walking" and the other similar to that "sleep staring" 😆. Sorry, I don't mean to make fun of you but your experience was kind of funny if one doesn't take your girlfriend's reaction into consideration. That part was definitely NOT funny! I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the supernatural, let alone possession. I do think it is purely a physical thing you need to address as soon as possible for the sake of your relationship.

Thanks for sharing!
evilquicksand (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Holy god, that sure scared her, I would be scared if someone sleeping turns and faceas me and then gives me a big smile, well to the point like the others said if you don't want your girlfriend to leave you you better go and find help with doctors, priests or whatever you need to stop that
hbdave (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
I would need more details to comment on this. I think the camera could help give more details about this happening. Also, do you recall your dreams during these nights. The camera will tell a lot about your motions before, during, and after these events. Good luck.
Starlight (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
I am not an expert but I fear for you and your girlfriend's relationship and child.

I suggest that maybe you look further into this and even seek a sleep doctor or psychiatrist and explain the situation. Maybe even set up a video camera that can face you when you "smile" at her when she comes into the room, as well as a recorder.

I highly suggest though, going to your priest of whatever faith you are and asking for some guidence as well. I hope all goes well and my prayers are with you. Blessed be.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: