You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Onlookers

Real Ghost Stories

Onlookers

 

I have always been a skeptic and a little cynical about ghost stories, regardless of how many experiences I've already had, I simply could not reconcile these experiences to who I am, but here goes.

I live in Davao City and used to work for a call center in Tibungco. For those who are familiar with the area, one must know that this is already very near the boundary of my city and certainly very far from where I live. Shift starts at 3:30am so I usually travel to work at 2:00am to avoid being late. While I was walking down the dark road, I saw an old man and an old woman, what was spectacular about the whole thing was that they were dressed in really old costumes. They definitely looked like they were right out of the pages of a history book. A simple checkered scarf over a white cotton shirt for the old man and a simple white blouse over a long skirt for the old woman. They sat there in silence under a closed store and looked at me. I didn't expect anyone to be awake and wondered if they were travelers from the mountains. I, trying to be my polite self, greeted them "maayong gabii sa inyo" and stopped to face them. They did not reply and I sensed that they were mildly surprised that I greeted them. They continued looking as I stood there facing them and taking their outfits all in. My eyes traveled to the old woman's feet and realized that she had none. That old woman was floating! Maybe it was because I was getting used to these experiences or maybe because I sensed danger, I immediately said "ayaw mog uban, layo pa akong adtuan, basi mawala mo" which roughly translates to "don't follow me to where I am going, the place where I travel to is far and you might get lost. Then I walked away.

I saw what I saw and sometimes I fear that they will know that I know and I can see them. Unlike others who wish to "see" this is something that I do not want, but sometimes have to deal with. I am sharing this experience just so others believe that indeed, there are still those who stay as onlookers in our time and stay.

Ps: Others will think that I was still sleepy. I was not, after 2 years of having similar shifts, you get used to it. Also, I stared at these figures for a long time to make sure I saw what I saw.

Other hauntings by wordgreaser

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wordgreaser, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

50ftqueen (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
aww, that's scary. Glad nothing like that ever happened to me in Matina.:)
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
I am a skeptic myself, but I try to keep an open mind. I don't like the idea, but I have had my share of the unexplained. I am curious about the more agressive spirits. Are they Filipino too? Was there maybe a situation where some of the locals back then sold out their neighbors to the Japanese? Maybe some of the older people in the area might know a little more about what you are describing? Any particularly special events that happened in your city/town? I mean beyond the Japanese doing what they did.
wordgreaser (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
haha I'm also posting from my cell. Well no. They just watch. Some have been violent thou. I still don't believe much in this stuff... Even if. Maybe it's denial. It's not as if I see them all the time. Maybe once in awhile. I understand that for others they trained themselves to see. It might be interesting to note that my grandmother, whom I have never met, had the same thing.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
Yea, I'm not really up on your culture. I'd love to learn more at some point, but most of my postings are from my cell phone. Since you (I assume) are not Japanese, I wouldn't think any of those spirits would be threatening to you.
wordgreaser (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
actually before I could see them which is not often, I first started to feel them then hear them. The city is old and people have a lot of stories about how the japanese tortured and killed a lot of filipinos. They were dumped in different parts. Or during martial law of lot people disappeared. Read our history. Ul see a lot of underlying violence involved. The era ghosts were the first and the last that I have seen, others just seem to ordinary and lost.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Do you get negative vibes from these people? Are these sightings in the same general area or throughout the city? Have you seen any near your home? You may be the only person in that area open minded enough to see this stuff. Is it at different times of night? Have you ever been with a friend or anyone who has seen these spirits as well? Any idea what era their clothing is from? Have any of them tried talking/made contact with you? From what I have gotten from your two stories, I get the feeling you are more sensitive than most other people and your city is a bit of a hot spot. Have you heard anything from other people about paranormal things in your area?
wordgreaser (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
yes they were filipino. They just stared. Kind of like understanding slowly that you could see them which, in my opinion, was bad. I personally don't want any one or anything to know. Scary what the possibilities are. No I haven't seen them again but I have seen others
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Have you seen them again recently? Do they seem hostile at all? Do these people appear Philipino? Was the shop they were standing by an older shop? Maybe a residual haunting because that couple performed their daily/weekly rituals for many years? Do they seem to understand what you are saying? Or are they just looking at you like "oh, it speaks"?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: