You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Construction Worker

Real Ghost Stories

Construction Worker

 

As a call center worker of three years, I have been guilty of what others might call "call center hopping" This story takes place during my work for my third call center in Davao. Callbox is located in the Landco Building which has been known for its ghost stories.

During breaks, we like to hang out in the fire exit. Most of my friends and co workers sneak out there to smoke cigarettes and we normally enjoy a good laugh about clients in there. One night, we were noisier than usual and having taken our usual spot on the base of a set of stairs facing the fire exit door, which was halfway open at that time. That door opened into a dimly lit corridor which had a dead end. Given that this was 2 in the morning, we didn't expect anyone to be there. My friends and I were discussing the recent elevator scare that left one of my co-workers going up and down from the second floor to the seventeenth floor and upon reaching the 17th floor the elevator would go on a free fall and stop on the second floor and start its climb again, we discussed his scary ride which lasted for 45 minutes. What was weird about this was that building engineers checked the elevator and there was nothing wrong with it.

My co worker threatened to sue the building but they still stood by their findings that nothing was wrong with the equipment. Our discussion became noisier than usual and I who was positioned beside the half open door, noticed movement. I looked just in time to see a man splattered in what I thought was paint glide by. It took me half a minute to step out of the door and into the corridor, again just in time to see the man disappear into the wall. No one but me saw it, so I rejoined my group and said to my friends that it was getting late and we should return to our stations. They agreed and we headed up. We were at the fire exit on the 8th floor and headed back to the 9th were our production floor was located. When I reached the 9th floor, I went directly to the guard who was employed in the building for 12 years, I asked him quietly, "what happened here"? He said, did you see it too? I said, stop playing games and tell the truth. The guard pulled out a tiny pouch from his neck and said he got this specifically to ward off the "spirits" who were trying to harm him at night during his rounds. He told me a story that made the hair on my arms stand.

He recounted that when the building was being constructed; a worker fell off his scaffold on the 10th floor and landed on the 8th. He said that the worker crawled up the fire exit looking for his colleagues and died on the 9th floor trying to find the others. Looking back, I always thought what I saw splattered on the man was maroon paint, now I knew better. I went back to work and spluttered something about seeing a man... The girl seated a seat away from me heard me and said, Oh you saw him too? That "dirty man" just walks by the pantry on the tenth floor when I'm there by myself she told me.

Other hauntings by wordgreaser

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wordgreaser, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BettinaMarie (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-17)
Hello Wordgreaser-and bravo to you and your colleagues for showing up to work after seeing stuff like that or being trapped in the elevator! I wonder, after all these years, if the poor "painted" fellow ever moved on?
mischeighlah (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Hi I'm from Callbox too, one of the pioneers. I'm batch 7 actually. Anyways, I had some experiences too. I just don't mind them actually.
Thedarkchocolate (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Aww, such a sad ending for the poor construction worker. It's too bad no one was around to help him. And its really terrifying how he died at the place you and your co workers usually hang out at. 😨
wordgreaser (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
proof of an afterlife is probably the closest stab at proving that any religion in the world has basis for its beliefs. I however, have no intention of calling a medium. I may be biased but what we have here in the Philippines may just be a scam artist AND what if that spirit is violent? Nasty things have happened to people in that building. I may have a teensy weensy problem of biting off more than I can chew!
wordgreaser (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
[at] agimat warrior: I have experienced the same thing in the women's restroom. Someone called my name! At 3 am. And no one was there. Geez!
l_melbguy (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
I have just posted a story which I hope gets publish about my something that happened to my girlfriend. Nothing to the extent as to what you experienced, to actually see a man is freaky. I don't know if it's wise to wish that you could see a ghost personally, but seeing proof must make you feel somewhat relieved about an afterlife?
jadediana (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
If I were you I would find a medium of some sort because this man is stuck in a time loop and the poor thing can't get out of it... Whats best is to bring him out of his misery and find someone to contact him and help him move on like as I said a medium...
agimat_warrior (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
am from davao and frequents landco building. I do believe your story because whenever I go to our lawyer's office at the 7th floor ihave this eerie feeling I am not alone in the men's room.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-03)
It does seem like this spirit is in denial about his own death, he has trapped himself in a lucid dream state of mind, looking for a happier conclusion, it could take years or decades for him to open his mind to as what has happened, with the help of a medium this process for him would be sooner, if the activity increases this will be a measure of his own frustration, you have to feel some pity for him, thank you for sharing your story.
wordgreaser (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
nope.3 elevators. All going crazy at the time. Contact?! Oh hell no. Hahaha why would I want to contact that? Yeah maybe they are residual. Who knows?
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
scary...me too... In our office building I do have personal experiences there. They might be residual in a way. God Bless
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Is there only one elevator to the building? I'd imagine since the spirit is walking around, it may not realize it's dead. Have you ever attempted to make contact in any way (or at least though about it)?
wordgreaser (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
it didn't seem to notice us at the time but yes, several people have seen him. I wouldn't say he was reliving his death because he just walks around. As for the elevator, yes. People have been scared silly to ride it. In fact when we see him we just took the stairs and avoided the elevator altogether.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Very interesting. Does this spirit seem to take note of anyone or anything or is it just reliving the experience of it's death? Do you see it on regular occasions? Have you checked the date you saw the spirit with his death date? Any connections? Has anyone else had a weird experience with the elevstor?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: