You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: 6 Years Old Girl from the 1920s

Real Ghost Stories

6 Years Old Girl from the 1920s

 

My sister recently stayed in our home, and said she was awoken from an afternoon nap by a little girl who was approximately 6-7 years old, wearing clothing that looked like it came from the 1920s-1930s. The girl asked her very clearly: "Have you seen my mama?" My sister replied "No" and then the girl promptly disappeared. This is far from the first such occurrence for my sister, who has been visited by numerous spirits in the past (including our great grandfather shortly after his funeral). However, she said it was unsettling because it was a child. She also said that she encountered spirits on the third floor of our home as well... Which I thought was very interesting because of two other occurrences:

1. My youngest daughter (15 months) becomes incredibly scared when I bring her with me up to the third floor to get things from a bedroom (practically climbing over my shoulder to get away from the room).

2. My working on the second floor, and clearly hearing footsteps and a "rolling" sound on the ceiling above me... Even though I had removed all the floor boards in that section of the attic level two years earlier.

I've also seen what I thought is another preschool daughter of mine walking in the hallways of the second floor in the evening on 3-4 occasions. The experience was so real/vivid that I called out my daughter's name and went to get her and take her back to bed... Only to not see her in the room I thought she walked into and then subsequently finding her sound-asleep in her room (on the other side of the house).

I have not yet been able to locate information on any young girls who might have died during the home's 95 year history. However, I would like to get to the bottom of this. Thanks for letting me share one of many stories and experiences I have had since my childhood.

Other hauntings by fourthgeneration

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fourthgeneration, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lovindaparanormal (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-30)
My Goodness! You've got a following here! Thanks so much for sharing your story. Some people think I'm crazy too. I've had too many expieriences to count and relating them to others is sometimes risky! In one house as a child, we had many spirits just roaming around the house. It was overwhelming. We redecorated the house including the diningroom where they all seem to gather at times and everything completely disapeared! What a welcomed relief to a 7 member family at their whits end! Thanks again for sharing your story. You've definately gained a nice group of friends.
MNPROPHET (6 stories) (25 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
Good afternoon,

I have followed several of your postings... Hang in there.

Your unique gifts will allways bring nay sayers...

I have a pranormal group created with both believers and non believers to create the perfect atmosphere.

Most medians I have conversations with are very direct and seldom redily to admit they are as baffeled as the rest of us. You have a down to earth attitude towards your gift.

I would be interested in possibly using your talents for investigations in the future.

Again thanks for the great stories, and your gifts are recognized on our side, Brian
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
It's been several months since my last post (sorry...work and life have been really tough on me), but I thought I should post a follow-up to this story after this past weekend. My mother and ten-year old niece were recently staying at our house for a few days, and my sister has only recently told me that my niece is having a LOT of trouble sleeping lately because she's started having a lot more of "the sight..." Spirits are starting to seek her out because they can see/sense that she can see and hear them... Or at least that is what I believe is occurring.

At any rate, on Thursday evening my niece, who was sleeping in our living room with my daughter and my mom, didn't sleep at all. The next day, my sister called me and asked me to talk to her... After my niece called her crying that day after she had a young girl appear to her in our living room that night and thought she was losing her mind. I subsequently talked my niece back off the ledge and told her that her gift can actually be a POSITIVE in her life if harness and used properly. She seemed to sleep much better the following two evenings, albeit with blankets and pillows over her head, in case she got any more "visitors..."

Funny thing was, I was talking to her about all this stuff and how it runs strong in our family on Friday evening in the living room, and as we were talking, both of us were physically becoming very cold. Neither of us saw anything Friday evening, but it "felt" as though we had at least one entity listening-in on that conversation.
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-03)
More follow-up comments on this one.

The friend and medium that we know came back to our house this afternoon. When I told her that "I didn't feel the presences on our third floor anymore," she said she still definitely senses them. However, she said that they have been keeping-to the bedroom on that level after all of the construction work and painting we have been doing... Because they see/sense that change and no longer feel as though the attic/stairway is "their" space. That bedroom has always been a "hot-spot" of activity, though I still haven't sensed their presence in that space... Adjacent to where I have been working off-and-on for weeks.

She also said:

1. A fresh coat of paint in a room, preferably in a different color than before, can often diminish any spiritual energy in a space, and/or encourage spirits to let you "have" the space. She actually recommends that the first thing people do when moving into a new space that they think might have activity is paint ALL of the walls in all of the rooms and corridors, for this very reason.

2. That the spirits in our third floor are not angry or annoyed with the remodeling we have been doing in any way, but rather are more-resigned to live "where we let them..." Although I did catch a rather large orb in a photo of my new office space on Sunday, to which the medium smiled and said "Yes, they're just seeing what you're up to in there..."

3. That the spirit in our basement is the only unhappy or annoyed spirit in the home, and that "he" likes to hide-out in the very dark corners of that space. I have felt as though I have been watched while working down there before... Though I have never had any more-tangible experiences than that. She seems to insinuate though that some type of "incident" in our basement may be forthcoming.

#3 is a bit unsettling, but we'll see what else happens in the days and weeks to come.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-26)
Hello fourthgeneration,

Hmmmm, funny how this seems like old home week with saddy1943 dropping by and now you fourth. How incredibly wonderful for myself and all of us here including you two to have both returned to the site simultaneously.

Fourth, welcome back from your vacation, I trust you had a great time and though it is good to be gone, it is most certainly good to be back.

How lucky to return and have a quiet house of presence minus the energy imprints of the former residents. That and the fact that the quiet calm has come about without the need of any of those rituals. Well, had hoped to hear if they worked, but am most happy that they did not have to be used at all. Well, you will have to get settled back in more and report how the energy in your home feels given a week or two from today.

Happy you have returned to the site and you have most likely found resolve.

May Peace & Joy Bless You, Yours and Your Home Sweet Home, As Always, Abby
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-26)
Thank you Abby (and others). Funny you should ask, as I was just coming in the site to catch up and post again after a week out along the East Coast.

I came home from my trip, planning to do more work in the third floor of my home/office (one of the "hot spots," according to my sister and the other medium who has sensed the same presences), expecting to have the typical tingling sensations and feelings of being watched or not being alone. However, when I have been working up there over the past few days, it's almost as if I have been working in a different space. It just feels "empty" now... Almost as if the presence(s) that had been in the space weren't there anymore.

Maybe "they" went on vacation too? :-) I'm not sure what to think, although the space just feels different now. I have no idea why, as nothing that I know of has changed since before I left, other than the walls in one of three rooms and the stairway leading up to the rooms were painted a different color by a contractor while I was gone. No rituals, blessings, etc. Just me being gone for a week. Strange.

Is it now strange for me to think it is strange to NOT sense a presence in a place where I've sensed it before? I guess I'd just gotten so used to "feeling" presences that I was taken aback at the recent shift or change.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-13)
Dear fourth,

I have not heard from you in quite awhile. I was wondering how things were going in your house and household? I am sure others would enjoy hearing from you too, as well as getting an update on your progress.

Blessings, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-01)
Sorry Fourth I missed your final question. I have only heard stories of ceremonies that went wrong and that is because the people performing them didn't have the faith that they would work or were only doing them as a sort of peace of mind thing. I personally have never had one go wrong as I believe they work and I believe the god/dess gave us these sacred plants we use for that purpose. As Abby stated with stubborn or really strong spirits it might take more than once, but for your situation I would think once would be enough.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-01)
Dear fourth,

As always, you will have to be the one to decide what you would like to do and which direction you wish to go in. I or nobody else can do this for you. I can suggest that you research all your possibilities (do your homework) and then decide. I have not had to have clearings done, as I have been able to handle them myself, and have yet to have encountered something I would have to call in an exorcist for. I have made up all of my own rituals, and I truly believe they work for me, because I believe in them with my whole heart and direct intention. I have not had any negative results or residuals. Though for stubborn ghosts or unwanted guests, you may have to do the chosen ritual or cleansing more than once. If you do get past your fears, you may want to try to ask them to leave orally and with great command and intention. If you know their name then speak to thier name. Let them know they are dead, this is the date, 2007 and you are no longer living. Find what works for you. The main thing you must believe in yourself, be confident (stuff the fear down) and forthright. If you do have fear, imagine a white cocoon of white or violet light encasing your body and your home. If there are others present helping you, they should be as fearless and forthright and also encased in the same white or violet light. You can gradually try things to get them to leave or you can just go for it. It is up to you. You can also contact those experienced in cleansing a home or place of a ghost. Since you are Christian, you may want to call in a minister. My feeling is that these spirits do not mean harm, and honestly I think they would leave and go over to the other side. You may also ask the contractor's wife to help you or recommend someone who can. Since I noted your stories come from MN, you may want to research ghost buster type psychic mediums and find one to help. I took the liberty to look up a few names you might want to find online as follows: Echo Bodine (Minnesota), Rose Ann Schwab (Minnesota), Tiffany Johnson (Minnesota), Angela Moore (Arkansas), Jeffrey Seelman (Wisconsin) and Chris Doyle a demonologist. Since you are in Minnesota, you may want to attend the Edgelife Expo or psychic and medium events. I am sure you will be able to find someone who will be able to help you, if you can't do it yourself. It is up to you to decide, and I know whatever you decide, it will all work out as it should. Believe and it shall be. Blessings, Abby
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-31)
Thanks Abby! I really appreciate that very thoughtful reply.

Related to the medium who made the comment about our basement: it was purely situational. Her husband was in the room with us and he was running very late to another appointment (and he was her ride home). I wanted to ask her 500 questions, but since I see her about once every 7-10 days, I figured that I would have PLENTY of chances. That's all, just circumstantial and timing issues, more than anything.

As for having the ghosts in our home "gently nudged" in the right direction, I'm all-for that. Believe me! :-) I guess two things have been stopping me from doing so, to this point:

1. (Selfish) I want to learn a little more about them before they are gone. It's such a different/unique phenomenon, and ESPECIALLY with the spirits of children in the home, I want to make sure what we do will actually "help" them cross over.

2. (Fear) I don't want to do something that takes our situation from passive and unobtrusive to one where we anger/upset them and they take out their frustrations on our family, ESPECIALLY my young children. I don't know if I could forgive myself if something we do results in harm coming to my little girls (physical or psychological).

#1 is something I probably just need to let go of. #2 though is something that worries me a great deal. Have any of you ever performed a blessing on a house or other ceremonies and had them go terribly wrong? That is a thought/worry that honestly keeps me up at night... As much or MORE than worrying about lots of "encounters..."
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-30)
Dear fourth,

I understand, and I do not disagree that the lady is a nice woman and respects her gifts. I was not there, and only know the information you gave. Thus, I can not properly respond in the first person point of view, but I still stay with my own opinion, not humble, but my own. If the woman, as a medium said she saw some "thing" in your basement, it would have only took a few extra, additional words to tell you what that some "thing" is. An example would be something like this, I sense something down in your basement like a big, bumbling, ghost dog. Why didn't you ask her what it is? I would have, but I know, I know, that is just me and I am always curious, investigative and of course, in one's face. I do think though most other people would also be curious, as well as with your given generational history too. Ah, but then I digress, it is my own opinion. Though, you still have the option to ask her the question.

As for not choosing to have the ghosts removed from your home, that is your decision, as it is your home, your life and your family. I understand that people can be cruel and persecuting when they find your belief system is different from their own which is only due to their own personal self esteem and fears. Yet, nothing means you have to announce anything to your neighbors about having people over to help you get rid of ghosts, like a simple house blessing or two. You can be discrete if you choose to. It is my belief that if a person wants to do something or have something done, they will do everything in their power to make it so. To me anything else is just an excuse, and believe me I have been there too. It is easier and more comfortable to live with something than to do something about it. Frankly, if people do not accept me for who I am, including my belief system, I would not wish them to be in my life anyways. One learns to pick and choose people they can trust, but one can learn real fast who they can trust when the ship sinks and the rats leave for the shore and leave you with no life boat. ;) At those times, I would rather live on an island by myself, than to have people like that wanting me to be just exactly like them, a rat (no offense to rats). I would not want to be around people who do not accept me as I am, whether it is my own kin, my tribe, my platoon, my friends, my neighborhood, my town, my society, my world, my planet or my galaxy.

I do feel sorry for the ghosts (they use to be alive like us), because they have already lived their lives and were already alloted their life time. They have a right to be "unstuck", and gently pressured (the level of pressure, depending upon the ghost, spirit or entity) to remember that they are to go over to the other side in unconditional love. They are in fact, intruding upon the living and their rights to live thier own present lives which means ghost free and free of unwanted hauntings, scares and obnoxious, repetitive, poltergeist, paranormal activity. Not to mention they draw their energy from the energy field of the living. Who wants to have their life energy constantly sucked out of them, not to mention those ghosts and entities, who want to attach themselves or try to take over a living person's body. I mean who needs it? What good is it for either side, dead or alive? A loving hello or familiar gesture to remind you of a loved one who returns to check in once in awhile, after they have crossed over of course, is always welcome, but who needs the rest of that annoying stuff? I certainly would hope that if I died and became a stuck ghost that somebody would get me unstuck or do the same for my family or friends. I can't see myself or others just being stuck and hanging around in all these earthly places (especially the gross, dark places) where the living have reported seeing or sensing ghosts. I mean who wants to have a loved one hanging out in a basement, attic, cemetary or in a bathroom. Well, you get the picture. Unless, of course that living person has their own personal and selfish agenda. Shame on them! That's another subject.

I mean there must be a reason you and others are in contact with ghosts or have chosen to live in residences with them. Don't you notice that skeptics never seem to have these same ghostly annoyances or hauntings in their lives or in thier homes? Just a thought.

In any case, I am for freeing the ghosts whenever possible, and if a person has the chance I think they should at least give it a try as best as they can to their ability or call in some help. Well, once again, long winded and my opinion. You can choose to do as you wish and to take all, some or none of what I say here.

Blessings, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-30)
Fourth, I have the directions for performing the Native American Smudging here on Martins site over on articles. You can do this in the privacy of your home and no one is the wiser. I know you would not have a problem with this ceremony as you are very open minded and I would be willing to bet able to follow directions. This way you wouldn't have to call in anyone from the outside. Make sure you do your family as well as your home, would hate to have a cling on stuck to one of the kids, you or your wife after you have cleansed the home. Very simple to do, just requires a little time. Good luck to you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-30)
Abby,

Yes, I agree in part. However, I think the medium, in this case, just assumed that I already "knew" what she was talking about... And that I "rattled" her a bit once she realized that I had never picked up on any activity in our basement. She has a great respect for the gifts that she possesses, and I am certain that she would not have purposefully misused them in any way.

As for getting a blessing on the house, I would definitely be open to that for a variety of reasons. I have to be a bit careful though, as we live in a small town and word travels FAST (if you know what I mean). I mentioned my sister's interaction with the young girl in this story to two individuals several weeks ago, and they haven't spoken to me since. I think they now think that I might be a little crazy... :-)
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-29)
Dear fourth,

Well, you already knew pretty much that these ghosts are residing in your house, and they are not harmful. If they had been a menace to you and your family, I am certain you would have put up the "house for sale" sign sooner and then later. Though, I hope you'd get rid of the ghosts first.

I think that is rather insensitive and cruel of the contractor's wife who is a medium to tell you only partially what might be down in your basement and not tell you the whole story. Though it is good in the telling of this follow-up comment, in my opinion it isn't the best use of having a gift and truly using it to help, teach, guide and release others from ghosts, hauntings or anything else in regards to the paranormal. Actually, to not disclose but half the information about anything to another person, to me shows the real truth about the person who holds the information. Personally, if I had her full gift, I would have told you point blank, and I would send the ghosts home to the other side to unconditional love.

I hope you will consider a house blessing by a minister, priest or native american. At least some type of release for these ghosts, not just for your sake and your family's sake, but for the ghosts too.

What is in your basement is in all of our basements. :)
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-28)
I agree, Anna not all spirits are evil. I have never had a run in with an evil spirit. I have only met simply sweet king spirits. "They" were two girls and a boy. When I say met I mean it was like we were friends. One of them even moved with me. "They" protect me at night, I sleep with my door closed, because the walk back and forth through the hallway outside my bedroom. EVERY NIGHT, never to enter my room or even look in. The spirit must be a child because it loves the toys. "They" are played with at night.
Also not all spirits come out at night, at my old house more happened during the silent moments in the daytime. Like the keyboard typing, I even heard "them" talking.
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-27)
I have a VERY interesting follow-up to this story! It turns out that the wife of a general contractor who has been working on a few projects in our home is a medium. She came over to check out his work and I joked about "never being alone in the house..." She says that she knows what I am talking about. Without me offering much information related to a few of the stories I have shared on this site, she basically told me:

1. There is not only the spirit of a young girl in our home, but the spirits of several children... And that they were very happy to see two young girls (my two daughters) move into the home so that they would have kids to "play" with.

2. That the presence of an older man resides on the first floor... The same place where I told folks that I was certain I "smelled" an old man three summers ago).

3. That none of the spirits in the home mind that we are here or are evil/threatening in any way... Just a bit "mischievous" at times (which I already sensed).

She also mentioned one thing that creeped me out a little bit. She asked me "your daughters don't like to be in the basement alone, do they?" I told her that we never let them go down to the basement themselves, then asked her why she asked me that. She said "Oh never mind...you'll figure that one out for yourself sooner or later..." <gulp> She STILL insists there is no evil in the home (which jives with my own senses), but that question and comment about our basement was a bit troubling to me.
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
I have a question for you, Anna. I've noticed that most of your comments in several threads have to do with "warding off evil," and the climactic final battle between good and evil. With most of my experiences, however, ghosts are NOT evil. Rather, they are simply lost, confused, curious or mischievous. I'm just wondering if you have had some incredibly dark/negative experiences which might have skewed you more towards a "glass is half empty" view of ghosts and spirits. You know from some of my other postings that I have had some direct experiences with evil spirits/demons. However, ghosts <> evil spirits, nor are they necessarily a "negative" thing.
Anna (58 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-12)
Also Martin their is a misunderstanding about tongues, they are languages, like greek, italian etc...

some churches nowadays are speaking the gibberish to move themselves up the ladder of the churchs to prove they have holy spirit,

I have interpreted hebrew, spanish and an oriental language, now I only speak english, and never have I learned another language, other then french, but barely speak it anymore, interpreted in the bible means understanding a language you have never known before which is what I have done, it happens sporadically, the oriental I was in a grocery store, the spanish was on tv, and the hebrew was the passion of the christ, as well as the other odd hebrew word,

the lord gave those disciples tongues so they could preach about Christ all over the world, remember God started off with the 11, Judas betrayed Christ, so he did not get the tongues or spirit, then of course they chose another person for the twelth, which that person received spirit too, imagine now how many billions of christians around the world know the truth because of twelve men... They had to know the language to speak...

Acts 2-The Message
A Sound Like a Strong Wind
1-4 When the Feast of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Without warning there was a sound like a strong wind, gale force—no one could tell where it came from. It filled the whole building. Then, like a wildfire, the Holy Spirit spread through their ranks, and they started speaking in a number of different languages as the Spirit prompted them.
5-11There were many Jews staying in Jerusalem just then, devout pilgrims from all over the world. When they heard the sound, they came on the run. Then when they heard, one after another, their own mother tongues being spoken, they were thunderstruck. They couldn't for the life of them figure out what was going on, and kept saying, "Aren't these all Galileans? How come we're hearing them talk in our various mother tongues?

Parthians, Medes, and Elamites;
Visitors from Mesopotamia, Judea, and Cappadocia,
Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia,
Egypt and the parts of Libya belonging to Cyrene;
Immigrants from Rome, both Jews and proselytes;
Even Cretans and Arabs!
"They're speaking our languages, describing God's mighty works!"
Anna (58 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-12)
Martin this also says a lot too, look on with your eyes, which is what I do daily when I see people lying, gossiping etc...

nor any plague come near your tent, tent means body, your body, plague means demons-either on the inside of your body or the outside of the body because the angels are now with you which is why it goes into #11, the angels concerning you... The stone means so you will not stumble back into your old life, you will learn from your mistakes, and start a new life, God does not look at your past, once you let it go and move with him, your past is history and you are forgiven,

You will only look on with your eyes
And see the recompense of the wicked.
9 For you have made the LORD, my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place.
10 No evil will befall you,
Nor will any plague come near your tent.
11 For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways.
12 They will bear you up in their hands,
That you do not strike your foot against a stone.
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-12)
Now this is the thing Martin the gift of sight can be used two ways, God gave me sight of revelations through the book, but Satan offered me sight through cards and horoscopes, combined they are lethal, so I chose, I could not have both Martin, and I made the best choice ever, I got very sick when I was doing both, very, because I am a child of God was why, but at that time was lingering on the other side, depression set in, I could not get up in the mornings to go to work, at one point Martin I could not walk, no word a lie, I felt weak, unsteady in my legs, now I am a responsible hard working woman, but when I was reading cards, it ruined me, because it was not Gods will or plan for my life, you see God will choose certain gifts for each person, a plan for your life, but Satan being his enemy will do whatever he can to intervene with it, so you will not follow the plan the Lord has for you instead, by sending his demons to you etc... Satan knows unfortunately quite a bit, which is why you should be one step ahead of him as much as possible, most of the time I know his antics now sometimes before he does it, again the gift of sight, the Lord reveals to me at times things outside of scripture, which can help me or enable me to conquer him more,it's called spiritual warfare and once you have it in your heart and mind to be on the right side, you are at war with lucifer, hense the thorn in my side at times, you become his enemy, no longer are you lying, cheating, gossiping, faultfinding in others, grumbling, or doing witchcraft, so he hates you now and makes it his job to make your life miserable at times, either through nightmares, or the arrows that fly by day, you see he wants you to sin, so he sends the demons out their to try to pull you back into his world Martin-
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-12)
I have the gift of sight, knowing some of the future but through the revelations in the bible, not just the revelations book, but also throughout the other books, as some in here might know revelations were revealed as early as the beginning, when you have that gift, most of the time you are walking with angels, the reason being for protection by that point because the other side knows you know things, well when I recognized I had that gift I started hearing the ringing, and I speak to them, when I say certain things, or if I am in pain, or watching biblical movies the noise becomes louder, that is how I figured it out, also scripture supports that angels most certainly have wings, from Daniel having visions of the seraphs, Isaih also knew of them too, it is mentioned in scripture
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!”
3 For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper
And from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with His pinions,
And under His wings you may seek refuge;
His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.
5 You will not be afraid of the terror by night,
Or of the arrow that flies by day;

Now if you look up pinions martin it means wings, now the terror by night is the nightmares that satan can still send you, even if you are a child of God, he unfortunately can still do that, when I can not analize my dream, then I know it is ungodly and satan is playing his games,

the arrow that flies by day means be tempted to sin, like we are supposed to avoid gossip, the lord detests that so an arrow could be someone at the office saying " Hey MArtin, did you hear about so and so? They are like doing this or that?" or an arrow could be someone asking you to lie, or if you are married, a beautiful woman flirting with you that you could take further,
those are satans arrows that you are to duck from by kindly telling that woman no thanks I am happily married, saying no to lying, and if someone is tempting you to gossip to be direct about it, but with taste..."you know I do not feel comfortable discussing others behind their back, it is something I do not agree with, however will talk to you about the latest fashion or movies,"

by exposing that demon, you see gossip is a demon, swearing is a demon, lying is a demon, but when you have many they are called a legion, and when you dispose of those demons willingly and with God, the truth will be revealed to you, you will notice others demons, spiritual discernment is what it is, discerning the spirits, now when someone has a legion is when Lucifer has the most hold, he can use that persons body to deliver messages to Gods people, which I have endured for over a year, now in the bible it says the devil will flee, however for some he does not, Paul had thorns in his side too, call it his morbid curiousity,

the closer you become to God you n eed protection by the angels, because the demons can become violent as well, they can throw things around in physical form, I have seen a chair move, they can beat you and all sorts of things, now with the gift of sight, comes responsibilty of telling others the truth, we are in chapter 14 of revelations, we are getting close, as you can see, the earthquakes we were to watch for as well, hense the sunami's
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-12)
So what's this deal about ringing in your ears and angel's wings? That sounds pretty folkloric to me. If there are angels and they're energy beings who can travel everywhere, why would they need wings in the first place? These are apparatuses designed specifically to apply friction and force on the gaseous air to propel a *physical* object/animal so it can fly, but it would be worthless for an astral being. It just sounds so superstitious to me. Can they go in the water? If so, do they have gills? If they have hair, do they need to use angelic combs? These images, like God being an old grandpa with a long white beard, are just popular projections from mankind so they can relate to it, but it has no basis on reality if you consider it somewhat objectively.
Necrophobia (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-12)
Yes, I'm pretty sure this is the ghost of a little girl named Sally. I've seen her twice. Once in my kitchen at night (Just standing there, staring) and again at the park, where she went down the slide and then disappeared into thin air.
In the vast variety of people who have seen Sally, they all agree: She looks like a six-year-old from the 1920s or 1910s and carries a stuffed bear(or perhaps a doll) goes around from place to place asking people the very question "Have you seen my mama?" or "Have you seen my papa?" We suspect that her parents perished, and she's going around looking for them.
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
the only other spirits it could be are angels and you would hear the ringing in the ears if that was the case, which is the sound of their wings
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
Yes Shane, I think you're right. I don't get the "evil spirit" vibe in our home at all. I've experienced evil spirits in the past (I'll have to share a couple more stories when I have more time), and this is nothing like it. Consequently, I haven't been TOO concerned. I'm just more curious to know what that little girl's story might be.
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
Fourth Generation if you are interested I found a website you may like

http://bible-knowledge.com/battle-command-against-demonic-spirits.html
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
Fourth Generation I would suggest psalms 91 written by King David. Read it aloud, Holy Water is not needed, the armor of God will ward off the spirits in your home.

It works for me and many others, should you wish to try to ask God for Protection instead. The Lord almighty always provides for those who asks
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
I have found that sometimes they get so use to the changes that were made that even when we are putting things back to the way they were they get upset. Sounds kind of like you have a picky spirit who just wants to give you a little grief every now and then. If you want to try and remove the spirits from your home you can try the smudging ceremony. I wrote an article about what you need and how to go about it. The link is:
www.yourghoststories.com/ghost-articles/native-american-ceremony.php
This has helpped a lot of people I know and could help you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
Yes, we have been doing some remodeling work. The interesting thing, however, is that we are working to restore the home back to its original layout. The home was converted into a duplex back in the 1940s-1950s, and we are slowly stripping out those changes to put the house back to the way it was built in 1913. I would think that would make any spirits more happy than upset, but I'm not really sure what to think it this particular case.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-08)
Interesting. Sounds like you are doing some remodeling of the home? If you are then this could be one of the causes for the hauntings as spirits often get upset if the surroundings they have become use to get changed and they don't like the changes. The part about your little girl, I wonder if she could have been doing astral projection and that is what you saw. Children are quite capable of doing extrordinary things, until we as adults and society in general tell them it isn't possible.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: