You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Breathless

Real Ghost Stories

Breathless

 

When I was a freshman in college, I had what is to this day the most terrifying experience of my life. One night I had been up hanging out with friends until around 1:00am, when I decided it was finally time to get ready for bed. I lived in a freshman dorm, with LONG hallways of bedrooms and common/shared bathrooms in the middle of each floor.

I walked into our floor's bathroom and started getting ready for bed, brushing my teeth, washing my face, etc. While I was washing my face, I instantaneously had the wind knocked out of me and struggled to catch my breath. Nothing physically "hit" me, but I felt such a tremendously overwhelming feeling of evil behind me that I literally was paralyzed with fear. I couldn't move. For several seconds, I could not breathe.

I remember the pressure in the room changing and my ears literally popping. I knew that some "thing" was behind me in that room, and I swear to you, I "knew" that if I would have looked into the mirror to see what was behind me, I would probably be institutionalized (it was THAT scary!). I basically sprinted down the hall and into my room once I could move/breathe again, literally hiding under my covers and pillow until I FINALLY fell asleep quite some time later.

Approximatively 6-7 years later, I was talking with another man who graduated from that same college three years after I did. We had a lot in common, and had served as a Teacher's Assistant for the same professor. This man knew a bit about my family's history with ghosts and spirits, and asked me to share some of my stories. When I told him the story of my experience in that residence hall, he was stunned. He told me that the professor we both had worked for had told him years earlier that the campus had been struggling with a demonic presence at the same time I had my experience. He also said that our professor had an identical experience to my own in his office late one evening.

I have NEVER felt pure, POWERFUL evil like that before, nor have I ever felt as scared in my entire life. Part of me wonders what I would have seen had I looked up into the mirror, but I am mostly thankful that I did not.

Other hauntings by fourthgeneration

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fourthgeneration, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Walkingdeadgirl8384 (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-27)
I lived in an apartment where there was a very strong demonic force that hid in the closet of the spare bedroom. Everyone that came over to my home hated that room. I'll be submitting the whole story soon. I will never forget the feeling of pure hatred that this evil thing eminated
traumaparanormal (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
Hello,

I just read your account which was posted almost four years ago. How did that frightening experience in college affect you?
carri (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
yes there is true evil in this world I have seen it. I have seen evil, I have heard footsteps of the devil in my trailor after my daugher saw him. You experienced it firsthand. Remember that there is a god and the devil and they are real. There is a spiritual battle going on in the heavens over us. I have heard supernatural activity that has made me a true believer in the spirit world. But I would never go back to that dorm. Sometimes evil resides in certain places on this earth. The bible talks about it. But maybe wear a cross.
Carri
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-14)
Well, Fourth, I can not say if you will view this story again, it had been posted seven months ago, but I will tell you a true story...
While I was in the service I lived on base. One of the corner rooms of my barracks was a "dark room". Not the kind of room to print photo's in, but a DARK ROOM. I was warned about it when I checked in, and I warned others about it when I left.
In that room lived five girls. I worked with two of them, the other three I did not know.
One evening I was invited to the room for Dew's and a care package opening. I had never been invited in before, and we ALL lived for care packages from home. I accepted. I got a lot more than what I bargained for.
We (I say that loosely, I did not participate, but I was in the room and I did touch the board briefly.) ended up, after a few more Dew's and Comfort, "playing" with an Ouija board that came in the care package. We found out a lot of things and the power was heady. We had so much dirt on people that we had the next confrontation in the bag. No one could mess with us. We knew these things to be true as the things we learned about ourselves were.
I grew very uncomfortable and left, thanking everyone for the fun and promising to use my new found knowledge to paralyze the next foe with my mudslinging.
Problem was, when I left the room, I did not leave alone.
Next day: the five girls who lived in the room were in a huge row. They were about ready to kill one another, I fear. The worst part of it was we had the training, we could have done it to each other. I had not slept all night due to the wildest dreams I have ever had. While I was sleeping I had actually called home (Seven hours difference at the time) and cussed out my very sensitive father.
Long story short, the Chaplin was called in and had to mediate. The room was closed off, as the Chaplin did not know anything about ridding it of the entity that had taken over. It was POWERFUL. The room was only reopened when we ran out of the extra rooms and people were coming back from the "police action" and needed a place to sleep. THOSE stories need to stand on their own. 😨 Here's the point: No one ever blessed the room, no one cleansed it, no one tried an exorcism. And they reopened the room.
So... The military slant may be a good, strike that, GREAT clue. Sorry this was so long, just had to wade through to get to the point. 😁 Thank you.
bbyguhrlx3 (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-14)
that's really freaky.
i remember my mom telling me a story kind of near to yours.

if I did look, if I was on your place I don't know what I would probably do [:

❤ ceejay.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-16)
I can't say I would think that christian students would purposely lead demonic spirits to their school, however, it would make sense that as demons and evil are always trying to intercede with good, they would be attracted to this type of school just because of what it is and the eucation being provided there.

I am certainly glad you were not hurt any more than you were either physically or emotionally. How terrifying!

I wonder if they have ben able to rid themselves of the demonic prescence?

God Bless!
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-18)
Yes, it is a layer upon layer type of dark side imprinting and each generation of humans had a chance to close the door, but instead kept opening it. All are responsible. Remember I mentioned, "The keepers of the college".

By the way, as I've said before, we are all psychic, intuitive and sensitive in many ways.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-18)
Not at all, heck my own sin baggage train is miles long, just that I find it easier to believe that this evil was there long before the college was. I think it actually goes a long way back. But then again I don't have the intuitive powers you and Fourth have so I am just guessing.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-18)
Tsk, Tsk Shane, Are you saying that young Christians are above being imperfect or missing the mark as in sinning, let alone opening a door to a demon? :)
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-18)
Things that make you go HMMMMM. I can't imagine young christians playing around with demons. Young soldiers on the other hand, well they have been know to get into trouble when left to their own devices. Would be interesting to know the history of the grounds beyond the military installation though. Dang pesky critters anyhow.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-18)
Fourth, I don't think that you were the last student to have this type of experience happen to them. I don't sense it has been, how shall I say it, laid to rest. I think presently, others still experience it.

In my own way of thinking in regards to my personal beliefs, I do agree that there is spiritual warfare going on and not just within the Christian communities or colleges.
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-18)
I do know that the campus was built upon the site of a former military installation. I can't speak to what it might have been before that, however. Abby, I wouldn't be surprised if that being WAS invited in. Spiritual warfare is VERY real, in my opinion, and a fertile Christian community would be exactly the type of place that would be a target for evil to gain a foot-hold.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-18)
Dear fourth, I sense that evil or what the professor calls a demonic presence was invited there in the past by students who also sought the lower levels. There have also been those who died there (students, professor and what I sense as keepers of the college), and those who took their own life or lives. The answer lies in the history of the college. That is where to look, into the archives or old college and local newspaper articles. This being was invited in.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-18)
Hey Fourth, you never know what can cause those pecky critters to show up. I hope you don't think I was implying you were messing with the board or anything. Far from it, just like to make sure all the bases are covered so to speak. Maybe it had something to do with the ground it was built on. Never know what the previous owners were up too. I have even heard tell that if a place is built on sacred Native ground they get upset and can cause the same effects as a demon. I guess we'll never know. Keep up the good work on the stories I have enjoyed each one.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-18)
Hi Shane! Absolutely no "monkey-business" was happening in my dorm that evening... That week... That MONTH, that I was aware of. I actually attended a very conservative Christian college, where DANCING was not even allowed on campus! Something like a Ouija board would have gotten students in BIG trouble... And I was there to learn and earn a degree, so I stayed clear of just about everything (except caffeine, LOL). NOTHING prompted the experience that I can think of, unless the demonic presence was just angry about the "Christian campus" and was looking to cause a bit of trouble/fear.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-17)
Once again fourth, your stories are highly fasinating. Plus I can sort of relate to you on this one. I will have to share the story in the future. Do you know what caused the demonic presense? Was someone playing with a ouija board or something? I have questions I could asked that would go on forever, but that is just part of being a good investigator I guess. Once again, great story and keep on sharing please.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: