You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Frank and the Handkerchief

Real Ghost Stories

Frank and the Handkerchief

 

My wife and I always used to joke about "Frank", the mischievous ghost in our former 1940s home. We would frequently feel as though we were being watched when we were alone in the home, although one particular experience still makes the hair on my arms stand up several years later. I was on our second floor one evening, carrying a load of laundry from our basement up to our bedroom closet. When I entered the closet and turned on the overhead light, I saw what appeared to me as a black silk handkerchief... Hovering in the middle of the closet in front of me. Whatever it was hovered there for approximately 1-2 seconds, then dropped "through" the carpeted floor. To this day, I would SWEAR that the object was a tangible, three-dimensional object! I don't remember it casting any type of shadow, but it had a "shiny" surface that I could not see through, and was approximate 6-8 inches tall and 3-4 inches wide. The legend of "Frank" grew as a result, though that scared me... And is something I am hoping not to encounter again in the future.

Other hauntings by fourthgeneration

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fourthgeneration, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
The really interesting thing about that experience for me was how real/tangible that object was. I couldn't see through it... But yet it fell "through" the floor. My skin tingles even thinking about it 4-5 years later!
ellycat (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-09)
yeah It would be a good story but I need ask my mate for more details about it because that's all I know about it
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-08)
That is quite interesting ellycat, you should write a story up about it and post it here so others can post comments about it. Like give us a description on how big the toy horse is. The history if any for the toy. Things of that nature.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you
ellycat (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-08)
thats sorta like what happens to mate cyanea (pronounced seinna) every christmas she will be woken up by something and this hand is coming out of this toy horse she has as soon as she wakes up it dissapears but every year it ges more solid and stays for longer
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-08)
Another interesting story. Could have been a portal or gate to another plane of existence you spotted. If it was I wouldn't recommend putting any part of the body in there. They say that they can appear and disappear without warning. Heck some even claim that these could explain some of the mysterious disappearances that have taken place over the years.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: