You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Obeah

Real Ghost Stories

Obeah

 

I am writing this story for the people who think I have no idea what an evil spirit acts like when I wrote about my Angel Lucifer.

Obeah is what we call Voodoo in Trinidad and Tobago. This form of magic can be good or evil. It consists of summoning evil spirits to gain something, to hurt people for revenge, to make women barren, to ruin someone's life, to make someone fall in love with them (I should say lust because love is not forced) and so on.

One of the deadliest spirits you can summon through the use of Obeah from my experience is The Moko Jumbie and The Soucouyant. These are both French terms because we were once ruled by the French.

Moko Jumbie is a French term for giant spirit. This spirit can also dance.

Soucouyant is French for vampire. It is not like the vampires seen on TV. This one appears in the form of a ball of fire.

When I was at the age of eleven before I met Lucifer and before I came a Christian, my sister and I were invited to our neighbor's birthday party. At the party there was the daughter of a notorious obeah man (A term used to refer to as a sorcerer in Trinidad and Tobago) that was known in the area where we lived.

After the party, we kids went outside to play with star lights (sticks that light up and sparkle when lit). The girl whose father was the obeah man burnt my sister with it. And well I was eleven at the time so a fight ensued until the adults broke it up, beat us for being naughty and sent us home.

Later that night my mom kept coming into my room while I was resting. I sensed that she was disturbed about something but she did not know what it was. At three in the morning I heard chanting in my head calling out demons to attack me. I also heard a sound in my head. It sounded like a language I could not understood. But I sensed that it was not good. The chanting continued for an hour and stopped as soon as the rooster crowed.

I told my parents but my dad did not believe in spirits despite that he is a Muslim. My mother guessed that it was the obeah man who tried to hurt me for fighting with his daughter. But when we went outside of our home we saw ashes in front of our home. I had pains all over my body. Well you know how kids are; I went and told everyone in the neighborhood what happened.

The next night at exactly three o'clock I heard a strange sound like someone dancing over my home. When I looked outside I saw the Moko Jumbie. I screamed and my grandmother came outside and saw it too. The neighborhood kids complained to their parents that the saw the large spirit dancing around the neighborhood but only some of the parents believed them.

The next night at around three o clock (I was beginning to see a pattern here) I heard fire burning and when I looked outside I saw the soucouyant in my yard. When it saw me it flew away but my mom woke up with blood seeping through her flesh. She assumed that she was sucked from the soucouyant. The neighbors started suspecting and gossiping that it was the obeah man and some others that were 'dirtying their hands' (this is a Trinidadian term that refers to someone doing black magic) with these evil beings. So my parents decided since we were all Muslims at the time to go see our Imam (Islamic Leader).

He told us that he sensed heavy witchcraft going on in our neighborhood and that we needed to protect ourselves. He told us to read the last two chapters of the Qur'an when I was being attacked again.

My parents tried to stay up with me but they fell asleep. At three o clock in the morning again I started to hear sounds like an army marching and I started to feel very cold like death was coming for me in haste. When I looked through my window I saw what looked like to me demons marching around my home. I immediately started to read the two last chapters of the Qur'an. When I reached the verse:

"From the mischief of Darkness as it overspreads;"

I heard a voice shouting saying "Leave Rashidah and Nabilah (that is my sister's name) alone! They are only children. Children I say!"

I heard this voice for a while and I started to feel relaxed and at peace. That was the last night of the attacks.

I will let you all be the judge of if I am telling the truth and if I know or do not know anything of what evil spirits act like.

Love You All

Other hauntings by Rashidah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rashidah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Guardiantrini (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I was born in Trinidad and moved to NY when I was 2. The first time I went back was when I was around...8-10, I do not remember. The first night when my family were hanging out in the back of the house, someone said they thought they saw a Soucouyant. Now at this point I have no idea what anyone is talking about, but I was rushed into the house.

Later that night, I slept in a king size bed with my uncle, his wife, myself and my cousin. In that order. Sometime during the night, I opened my eyes and saw a ball of fire moving in an infinity pattern. It looked like the top quarter of an old woman; head and shoulders. It was an indian woman, dark skinned... I still remember that face today! Below where her chest would be was the ball of fire.

After I saw it, I shut my eyes and didn't move for what seemed to be a half-an-hour. I finally opened my eyes and it was gone.

The next morning, I went to my grandma (it was her house) and told her what happened. She explained to me that was a Soucouyant.

I first thought it was my mind playing tricks on me, but the fact that I did not know what it was and I saw it just proved the fact that Soucouyants are real.

Long story short... If Soucouyants and Jumbies are real... Then what else is out there?
Taylooore17 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Hey,So I was reading your story about Obeah and everything, and today I found out that a good friend of mine had went to Jamaica, well I already knew that, but she never told me what scared her. Today during our lunch she told me that when she went to some dolphin cove place, her and her family were sitting on a bench and some man pointed a finger at her and basically told her to come to him, so she did because her mother told her that she wanted for her to take a picture with him, He then asked what her name was and it starts with 7 letters. He carved that name into some sort of instrument. For the next several weeks she has had nightmares. The guy told her that if she told anybody or something like that he would kill her. So she just stopped getting the nightmares and the trances but if they don't go away shes going to have to go see some Jamaican Priest to get blessed. It was like a really freaky story. Well that's all I guess.
Rashidah (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
😆
Thanks naturalscience. Yes certain parts of magic can be scary. But I guess it depends on the person.
I have a strong islamic background, so I believed that these verses from the Qur'an worked. I also read psalms too. Well at least I started reading them 😳

Thanks for the mail correspondence. I really appreciate them ❤
NaturalScience (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
Ah Rashidah now I found out more about you - and about your country's Voodoo practices. Latter is very interesting but I'm glad of having not engaged more in the magick theme during our mails, the details scare me off. Former explains to me your name, and also how you deal with the question who was Jesus - you have been raised as a Muslim. It's great to hear from you that Qu'ran recitation is a white magic strong enough to ward off a whole bunch of demons. Jews think the same about Psalms. I once read a Jewish joke, as follows: It was war again in some town of Israel, Arabs coming to invade, and every Jew and Jewess was building barricades except the scholars of Chassidic Synagogue. The Rabbi saw they were still engaged in study and what did he yell at them? "Go out all you lazy boys do something against the Arabs... Sing Psalms!"
Rashidah (guest)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
The thing is. My yard is like a haven for evil spirits because of the rituals done on my land.

But I thank you for your advice ❤
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
should you face such an attack again brick dust across the doors and windows will deny it acess to your house
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
I believe that 3am is the darkest period of night and that is why a lot of spirits come out that hour.
The catholic church claimed that christ was crucified at 3pm. They have no proof of this. The time he was crucified was not even mentioned in the bible 😕
Bloodofjesus (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
Hi I am from the West Indies as well and from a country in which its inhabitants are extremely superstitious. I grew up being told of stories of voodoo/obeah. I do believe you but in our country...Dominica; the nature isle of the Caribbean Soucouyants are not evil spirits they are witches/hags that are able to transform/shape shifters. There are many stories about them and I have had my own experience. I remember coming from youth service with other young people from our church about after 11pm we saw a huge ball of fire rise from off the side of one mountain and fly to the side of another mountain, right in front of us. All the hair on my back stood on end. That was my 1st encounter with this. My mom shared a very scary story of her being pregnant with my brother and unable to sleep because of the heat. About 1am she said she saw a huge ball of light coming from the distance towards her in her bedroom, she was taught growing up that unseeing this things one is to talk out loud so next morning they will be compelled to reveal themselves to you. So shouted out my father and immediately it vanished into thin air. The next morning at about minutes to 6am my mum heard this man coming up the village on his donkey asking someone who apparently was stooping underneath pea tree in front of our yard, "cousoun, sa ou ka fe la" (meaning: Cousin what are you doing here) upon saying that my mum came out from the house to see this rumored soucouyant in the village. She immediately stood up looked at my mum and walked away. She never spoke another word to my mum from that day on. There are many stories like that here and it is part of our culture to believe in them... Just to let you know 3am is the witching hour remember in the bible Jesus died at 3pm, for the witches ultimate power is achieved at the mocked hour 3am hence why they came at 3am every night.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
It is forgotten. I do dope to hear from you soon & as I said I will continue to ask the Lord to bless you & move in your heart.

~LSD~ ❤
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Thanks I will look him up. I am sorry for causing any distresses.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
I will continue to pray for you. As I have since our first encounter. If ever you would like some payer or just some questions you would like assistance searching an answer for, you can contact me via e-mail

Butterflygreen08[at]aim.com.

And, dear I forgive you. I ask for your forgiveness as well. & I do hope you searched my father on FACEBOOK Danny Daniels. The guy is really anointed. You may like his music & such. He has traveled to more places on this earth than I. Still bless you & yours & I hope to hear from you soon & I'm looking forward to more of you stories/life experiences! Much love.

~LSD~
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
It is ok. I have not been myself for a long while. I just had some issues to deal with. That was not fair of me to lash out like. Even though I was going through some spiritual crisis.
I needed some counseling but I am ok now.
Trinidad is very heavy with demonic activities. Even Pastor Benny Hinn refuse to come back here. He said he never saw so much demons in his life.
Child sacrifices do happen here but it is covered up.
Even in my neighborhood I have to be on my guard still.
Despite my encounters with Lucifer I still pray when I feel very scared and defendless.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
That story, I believe. While in Trinidad on a mission we encountered plenty of spiritual war fare. Just as I stepped out of the bus when we stopped in Avocat Siparia (hope I spelled it right, no disrespect) or close to there any way, I sensed major demonic power. We had cast a demon out of a young girl about 15 years old. It broke my heart. That trip was something that changed my life. I was young my self at the time. I was 24 trs old. Good story & thank you for sharing. Bless you & yours. Despite our dispute, so to say. Much love.

~LSD~
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
Yeah that is funny. I remembered when my grandmother died I pretended to cry at her funeral because I did not want anyone to know at the time that I did not sorry she died and the next morning she was choking me in my sleep.
chocolata (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
Hi it was not my grandfather it was my father. And yes they choke people, he had even tried to choke my brother the one who's girlfriend he was choking, what my brother did was tattoo my father's face on his neck. That was funny to us since my father stopped trying to choke my brother.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
I am very glad to hear that the spirit of your grandfather is protecting you from your grandmother.
I am familiar with spirits choking people. And yes I believe that spirits can come back from the dead if they have unfinished business to attend to.
chocolata (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
I'm sorry I don't know much about those kind of religions. I find it hard to stay away if I start learning and I know it is dangerous grounds for me.
chocolata (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
Good morning Rashidah.
Unbelievable as it may seem to others but after my father died I feel like he is protecting me from my grandmother as there times that my sister who is back in belize claims that she saw my grandmother walking on the street and saw that she was choking, of course even though my sister does not talk to her, her instinct was to run to her aid when to her surprise she saw a figure next to her and she said she recognised him as my father, yes my father was choking his own mother. There are a lot of people that have heard this even my brother saw it too but this time my father was not choking my gramdmother but my brother's girlfriend who was living in my father's house and had bad mouthed my father for committing suicide. She claims that one morning she woke up to a little boy playing at the door of the house and seemed normal to her since in belize kids run around everybody elses yards and houses, and since everyone knows each other (it is a small village). She aproached the child and asked him where was his mommy and he responded that she get out of the house since it was his, she started laughing and thought it was funny thinking it was probably a neighbors child. (sorry she was new at the village since she had just came from honduras) She said that she turned around and started walking away when all of a sudden she heard a mans voice saying "Get the f**k out of my house and felt someone grabbing her by the neck and lifting her up, she screamed and my brother was walking in when he clearly saw my father who just vanished into the air, since that day they moved out of my dad's house and since then my brother's have been fighting each other for the house. And as you should know in villages like the caribean houses are made out of palm and sticks. Unbelievable a stick house.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
Yoruba is very similar to Candomble in Brazil. But in the New World the religion is mixed with Catholicism.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
Christianity do not always protect you from evil. Sometimes it is wise to resort to other systems to enhance your protection.
I knew some one who went to various churches for help for a particular problem. The pastors failed to help her. But they took her money 😠 and said it was for tithes and offering to help her🤔
It was until she came to a church that practices Yoruba (My African Ancestors' religion) principles that she got the protection and help she needed. The leader did not even charged her a cent. That is amazing.
She still fellowships there to this day.
chocolata (2 stories) (22 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
Hi Rashida. The only way I found to protect myself and family from my grandmother is by not sending pictures to my family in belize that way I know she won't be able to get any and by not contacting her in any way, even if I wanted to she is still my grandmother and still love her.
Gslvon: My mother did some kind of ritual even though she is christian she learned a lot from my father who was a devil worshipper back in belize. Since then I know I'm protected but I still pray to god every day.
galvon (142 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
at chocolate.:

Have you ever tried to counter spell any of those arts?.

Or asked for help of someone who is highly spiritual and can talk with ghosts etc.

And ask them for help?.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
That is so scary. Chocolata what are you doing to protect yourself and your loved ones. This is very serious.
A friend of mine mom woke up one morning and found a human bone in front of her home after having a dispute with her neighbor. Well you know she immediately suspected her. Fortunately she knew how to deal with spirits and handled the bone without touching it with her bear hands.
It did not even shock the neighborhood because it is normal for witches to go into cemeteries and dig up graves to perform rituals to harm people, perform love spells, to win a case in court and so on.
chocolata (2 stories) (22 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
sorry again me, I just read your story and I believe you, back in 92' when I came from belize I was living in an apartment complex with my mom and 2 brother's my mom had been living with her boyfriend for 3 years, and his family totally disaproved, 2 days after I had arrived my moms neighbor knocked on the door and asked my mom if she was missing any birds, being that my mom had a lot of birds. The neighbor told her that she had found a bird outside our doorstep and that the bird was all tangled in red and black string, she said that she picked up the bird and still felt kind of warm and had tried to revive it but it was useless so she decided to throw the bird in the dumpster, my mother told the lady that someone had tried to do something to her and that they needed to find the bird and do the right ritual but were not able to since the garbage disposal truck had picked it up. A week after the neighbor fell in bed ill and until today has not recovered she has had various surgeries and starts getting better when she gets ill again and has to have surgery again. If anyone can give me advise I would greatly apreciate it.
chocolata (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
Hi everyone it's chocolata. I was reading and found it very interesting since I had an experience myself, growing up in Belize my father had the belief that everyone was after him and his kids so he decided to perform a ritual that was supposed to protect us from other people that tried to do anything to us, as in voodoo, black magic and all sorts of spiritual stuff. My father did the ritual for me before I left belize and this was back in 92'. For years I would experience pains and headaches but the doctors could not find a cause for my pains, my mom would always say that it was my grandmother on my dad's side, but was never able to prove it, my brother that had came from belize in 98' had told me that he had overheard my grandmother saying that she had the perfect way to torment my mother and that only a baby could get rid of what she had done, for a year I joked with my brother everytime I would get the pains, I would tell my mom, oh" it's just my grandmother working on me. I really never thought it was possible that she would do something to us being that her son was my father, when I became pregnant with my oldest daughter I started developing a strong craving for almost raw eggs, (I cannot stand the smell or taste of eggs) weird" I started to eat eggs everyday around the same time and when I hit my fourth month of pregnancy I decided that I wanted raw eggs, I went to the kitchen and cracked open 4 eggs and ate them just like that, I really wasn't thinking cause after I ate them I got really sick, ran to the bathroom and started throwing up and to my surprise I threw up a big ball of hair with nails, since then I have not suffered any headaches and my grandmother started developing a hole on her chest, according to my mom it was my grandmother and without knowing my baby helped me while being inside and if any one has heard of a baby crying while in the moms tummy let me tell you my daughter was one of them. My grandmother was capable of harming us since rumors in belize are that she is the one that gave the poison to my father. More details of my father's story and the poison on (I saw my father's death before time.) Until today no one has been able to prove that she was the one.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
Like I said jud32 some people are evil and they will use these magical arts to destroy someone.
I will give you a short personal story I heard from a close friend. I am not calling names due to privacy.
She told me her aunt's boyfriend's ex went into a cemetery to invoke a spirit to attack her to break up the relationship due to jealousy.
The aunt began to rot from the inside out. Doctors were at a lose. They could not find the cause.
She went by a Spiritual Baptist Church where the Leader told her what happened because he had the eyes of a seer of the spirit world. He told her that she have no choice but to leave her boyfriend or the woman will continue to kill her with the spirit that was causing her to rot.
But The Leader said it was a form of Hindu black magic.
I do not know how true that was since I never witnessed it but I know my friend is too mature to make up a story like that. And I trust her. She counsel me sometimes on spiritual matters.
Khloros (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
I have been told that Obeah is one of the few best ways to connect with the spirit realm. I personally have never tried but either great story and I believe you 100% I have seen and done my fair share of paranormal things.
judz32 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
My best friend and I had broken up because she has borrowed my earrings for her daughter to attended a wedding but when I asked her for it she said, "it got lost or stolen." One night my sister and her had an altercation where it has led to a fight when her nephew, stepfather and mother got involved. I wouldn't see four persons fighting my sister so I had to get involved when I pushed her mother down, but I did remorse every bits of what I did to her mom. About 2 days after the incident occurred; she sent for her ring and I told whom she sent "No,until she gives me my earrings." Days upon days, I would not wore the ring because of: itching and swollen and my finger became sore (on that particular finger). I kept change the ring to a different fingers but its seems to be the exact thing happening. One evening I was coming from work and saw her; she said to me," you won't be wearing that ring no day else your 8 fingers will be rotten off." I could not believe what she has said to me. I told my mom and she went and asked her and she said," I went to an obeah man to get back my ring because it was given to me by my first boyfriend." This is how I knew that these thing is really exist. My incident has happened back in 1998.
galvon (142 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
freya.

She is alright considering shes still alive and it happened like 9-10 years ago.

And yes her reaction was naturel.

And it would've been a shock to see that all as a lil child.
freya (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
girl you musted have been scared I mean I would of hurt them if they did it to my sister but that was terrifying 😕 😭 you alright?

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: