You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Choked By My Grandmother

Real Ghost Stories

Choked By My Grandmother

 

I am really embarrassed to submit this story, but this is something I have to get off my chest and come to terms with.

When I was a little kid I hated my grandmother because of the way she disliked my father. She never wanted my parents to get married. She never ceased to make that point clear. I hated to go visit her. I use to cry a lot to go back home to see my dad. She used to push dissention in our family. This would sometimes cause discomfort and misery to me as a child. When she died of lung cancer, I was glad because that meant that I never had to visit her home again. I actually felt no emotion to this, when it happened.

On the day of the funeral, my mom said it looked bad on my part because I refused to show remorse. So I pinched myself to force tears out my eyes so that people can see me cry at my grandmother's funeral. It did not bother me to do this sign of fakeness. But the next day, I awoke seeing her form choking me in my sleep. I was gasping for air. I thought I was going to die. But after a while the choking sensations ceased.

I never told anyone this. Not even my parents. I just want to know if this was my imagination, or if my grandmother came back from the grave to harm me because of my dislike of her.

Sensitive remarks will be greatly appreciated.

Other hauntings by Rashidah

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rashidah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-11)
Whoa! Did you see her after this experience? If you did then I think it must be her ghost! Or again because you think much about it! Did you ever think she's going to harm you in any way? If so, then you must be dreaming
Regards Aminah
sonal12 (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
Dear rashidah,
I mean no offence but what I think is that you had a sleep paralysis and the reason why you saw your grandmother was because you might of been thinking too much about her? Or she was on you're mind for most part of the previous day! So it was as though your mind was clashing two thoeries and showing them together! (:
Regards
Sonal (:
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-27)
Dear Rashidah,
I mean no offence but this was an attack of Sleep-Paralysis.

Regards
erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
I would of tryed to talk to your grandmother about it before she passed away, maybe you would feel a little better! By the way, sorry about the loss. ❤
Rashidah (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
Thanks for commenting.
It is scary how guilt can manifest so strongly.
The mind really is an amazing thing. 😐
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
I think you may have felt a little guilty about your emotions and fabricated this experience to reality through your dreams... I can understand how real this experience felt... At the end of the day, it demonstrates that you have a conscious and I hope sharing your experience clears that up for you... Thank you for sharing...

Aussie.
Rashidah (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
I did feel guilty at the funeral for not expressing any remorse.

Sigh, any of these clues can be possible.

Demons can feed off of negative energy, so it might of been one 😐
VelvetLucifer (1 stories) (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
What an interesting story. I believe that she most of wanted revenge on you for not feeling anything on her funeral. Or maybe it was a demon taking form of your grandmother, Or like you said it was a vivid dream.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
She did not attack my parents though. So that is a good sign.
Thank you guys for helping me figure out that experience ❤
shadowphil13 (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
It is possible that a vengeful ghost may return. However, I have my doubts about what happened to you. It might have been your imagination, but if it were real, then your grandma might as well attack your parents,too.
Silene02 (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
well you shouldnt feel ashamed about feeling nothing for her. She didn't do anything to winn your care and respect and if she came back to hurt you well it just would prove that she was a bad person. It could also be that your subconscious feels gilty and punish you with a nightmare in which your grandma comes to attack you
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
snowhite

Well said. Some spirits do come back for revenge.
If it was my grandmother who really choked me, then she was truly wicked.
I will just hope that it was a very vivid dream.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Rashidah don't feel bad and guilty since you were just a little kid at that time. After mean people died, their spirits still mean.

I know one of my relative. Her sister in law A was mean to my relative's mothr. A abused her mother in law physically all the time. Eventually the poor mother in law died. Guess what, she came back to haunt her daughter in law as she said when she was alive. A was possed and talked just like her mother in law. A was sick and died not long after her mother in law died. Spirits do come back for revenge. Just something to share.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Thanks BadJuuJuu

I was scared at the time. The choking sensations never left my mind.

I probably believed at that moment that she came back to get me as a form of revenge. I guess I felt guilty at how I reacted at her funeral and at how relieved I was when she was finally gone.

I know how mean that sounded, but I had to be honest.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
One of my grandmothers was like that. She hated my mom, she hated me and one of my brothers. We made our peace just before she died, although I still couldn't work up any tears at her funeral. I felt guilty about not being able to cry, but the emotion just wasn't in me.
Since it just happened that one time, it's possible you had an extremely vivid nightmare. It seems from your description of her, that if she could make it back to this plane to make someone miserable, she would have stuck around to keep making people miserable. A person's personality stays the same after death.
I'm sorry you had such an awful experience.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
I was ten at the time.

But you have a point there. Maybe my dislike for her made me believe that she did that to me.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Well, how old were you when you saw her choking you? You said you awoke seeing her... Then it should be real. She must be mad at you and dislike you either, that is why she did it to you after she died.

But one thing I have to say is that children do have imaginations and you may think your grandma did that to you because you don't like her at all.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: