You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Woken Up

Real Ghost Stories

Woken Up

 

Firstly I live in Victoria, Australia. It was about 2 years ago on Christmas Eve and I was asleep in bed when I was woken up by someone slapping me softly and giggling. When I woke and opened my eyes I saw a little boy with blonde curly hair. He would have been about 5. But as soon as I opened my eyes he walked around my bed and into the closet.

When I saw him he wasn't transparent or anything that I've heard ghosts look like. He was solid just like a human. So when I saw him I thought it was a human in my room so I got out of bed immediately and ran to my closet to see who it was. When I opened the closet door there was no one there so I closed the door and got back into bed. I was quite scared at this time.

My bedroom door has a lock on it (living with untrustworthy housemates) which was locked at the time. As I was lying in bed I saw the lock open, even the little knob thing turned which would not happen if it was opened with a key. The door then opened and I heard a giggle and the door closed again.

I have not had any experiences with anything supernatural before or after that. I would also like to add that the house I live in is quite new and I am the first person to live in it. It has always been an empty block of land. Any help as to what this was or why it did what it did would be greatly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bilf14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sEz (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-16)
Due you remember what the little boy was wearing? Was his clothing old or modern looking?
AiNE (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Hey Bilf, If you want to email me feel free. I might be able to help you. My email is on my profile page
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
I was wondering where you lived, but I saw it, I grew up about a hour away.
Brianna_Patrica (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Don't worry. If he only bothered you one time, you have nothing to worry about. Did your parents have any miscarriges, or maybe another child that died? Anyone close to you that died? Any age that is that or younger? Don't worry if you don't regognize him; It might have been a brother that died.
-Brianna ❤
bilf14 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
pipsta I am in gippsland. Traralgon to be exact but not in a new estate lol. And evan4life it could not be an indian burial ground because I live in australia. And also the kid was white.
Evan4Life (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
New houses that are haunted often are burial grounds (mostly indian burial grounds) so id be careful it may be a demon if it gets any worse I would ontact an exorcist to take care of it (check if its a demon) also if you are catholic stock up on holy water or sleep with a bible in your hands if it is a ghost you can ask in the name of the lord jesus christ to go away or just co exist with it if a ghost does you no harm I find it easiest on time (and on money) to just co exist with it good luck your in my prayers
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
Have you checked the history of the house? Did a little boy died there? In my opinion, it could be a benign ghost child. Nothing to worry about but if it really bothers you why not tell the child not to disturb you.

pipsta (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-04)
Hey mate, basically I'll state some stuff that was stated previously.
Is it possible you or your housemates purchased something from an op-shop which is inside your house/bedroom?
If not the little boy might be attached to the land that the house was built on. On that note, it wouldn't happen to be in the new estates in Gippsland/Baw Baw would it? Lol. Just asking because I'm from that area! Haha.

Craig
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
Human spirits actually look just like we do. The people that see transparent ghosts or outline means that they do not have the full power to see one or something is blocking their spirit senses.
bilf14 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
No none of my house mates have experienced anything like that and I know because when I told them about it none of them believed me and they still dont.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Welcome fellow Aussie, cosmo and kardagen brought up great points was just thinking you mentioned you had housemates also, did they ever experience anything maybe he was attracted through one of them. To be able to manifest properly like that is often said to require a lot of energy, very interesting.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
bilf14 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Thanks for the help. It was 2 years ago so I can't remember if I had bought something from a garage sale or not. But I havnt seen him for the 2 years since. But if he was just trying to get my attention he certainly did that lol.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Great story! I agree with kardagen and believe this child's spirit was trying to get your attention. If the land has always been empty the spirit could be attached to an object as well. Have you made any purchases from garage/yard sales, flea markets, or has anything been given to you lately? It could also be attached to something one of your housemates has. I can totally understand how you felt. That would have freaked me out too. 😨 Thanks for sharing your story and let us know if you find anything out. 😊 ❤
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Hi bilf: the boy may have just wanted you acknoledgment that he was there, it didn't neccessarly need to be the house, he could be attached to the la d the house resides on.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: