You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: It's Getting Worse Update

Real Ghost Stories

It's Getting Worse Update

 

I previously submitted some stories about my new house, and the things going on over there. I took the advice of many and did some investigating into the history of the house. It seems that the first owner was the developer of the subdivision, and built all of the houses in the subdivision. Guess he was also kind of shady. The second owner lived in the house only for a year. Someone died in the pool in the backyard, and after this happened, they sold the house immediately. No one knew who died, if it was a kid, an adult, no one could tell me because they didn't know the people too well. Then again, they didn't live there long. The next owner, immediately removed the majority of the pool, and filled the rest with dirt. You could still see an outline of a pool if you Google earth my house. This owner also removed a hot tub, and anything that could lead to drowning. He got married a few years after moving in and had 4 kids. He lived there for a bit after having his kids, and then came me... So here it continues.

My last story contained a picture full of orbs etc and me starting to see some apparitions in the corner of my eyes. I'm still getting these pictures, as well as others who come to my home always get orbs on their pictures. Reason I say others is because I'm getting married in around 2 weeks, and we had the bridal shower in the house, as well as other parties, nearly half of everyone's pictures had some orb activity or other anomaly in them. Since I discovered the history of my house (through my older neighbor across the street), I've noticed much much more activity. I'm not sure if it's because I'm aware of the history now. I thought I was going crazy until my skeptic brother told me 'I don't know what is here, but it's getting worse'.

My brother and my father stay at the house overnight while I work some nights to watch my dog, and basically watch the house. They all recount the same stories of hearing footsteps up and down the upstairs, and hearing things moving around the house. Lately, they say that they're hearing the noises near to them, and can almost feel breezes zip by them as if someone is walking by them, without anyone there. My brother one night was actually awoken by the door chime from the house alarm going off because the door from the garage to the house opened and slammed closed. My brother was so startled that he was almost about to call the police because he could have sworn someone broke into the house. He actually brought out my shotgun for protection.

As for me, it's sad to say, I've almost gotten used to the occurrences. Hearing weird noises, the footsteps, things moving around, putting things in one place during the evening, and them being in a different place the next day don't bother me anymore. What is strange is the amount of things I'm seeing from the corner of my eye is increasing, but I'm also starting to see things directly.

Yesterday, I went downstairs and went into the room where my furnace/air conditioner is for the house. Opened the door, and I could have sworn I saw the outline of a kid standing behind the door, as I opened it, kind of like a hide and seek moment for the kid. It's hard to describe, and I'm not sure if what I saw was a true apparition, or what others experience as an apparition, but it occurred in a flash, almost kind of like getting a picture taken, and looking directly into a flash. I saw the little boy, blinked, and he was gone. I couldn't make out many details, but could tell you with 110% certainty that it was a little boy.

It's not just a little boy that I've seen in that house. I've actually seen what appeared to be a lady in the house as well. The mysterious thing is that I saw both of these, what I think are spirits, dead on, and not off in the corner of my eye. They weren't events I could easily explain away.

The spooky thing is that as the wedding is approaching, and more work is getting done around the house, the more events happen. The events seem to be playful, but have the possibility to turn bad. The other day, I left the house to throw out the garbage, walked out of the house into the garage, and out of the garage to my garbage can. I came back inside only to find the deadbolt from the garage to my house locked. Luckily, I had my keys with me, but if I didn't, this could have been a problem. I opened the door, and my washing machine started a wash cycle without me even doing anything.

I'm actually having the priest who is presiding at my wedding to bless the house. I started to bring this up with him, and he was intrigued by it. He's a Jesuit, and has had some training in matters of this; at least this is what he tells me.

The scary thing is that I'm not alarmed by these occurrences anymore, and ask myself, what will happen today or tonight.

Other hauntings by mark

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mark, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Brianna_Patrica (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Good. You're getting your house blessed, right? And if you are doing renevations, that might have provoked the spirits. If there is no harm, don't worry! If there is ANY sign that harm might start, MOVE! I hope I could help.
-Brianna ❤
Harry (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Hi Mark - your pictures in which you mention Orbs is actually nothing but minute dust particles in the air and can be found anywhere. I have so many pictures taken in which one can see these dust particles. The reason you can see them is - when you take a picture the flash comes out on these dust particles floating around in the picture. Apart from this yes the small boy and you hearing noises is spooky... Guess you should get your house blessed.
Wrakkar (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
If it is not harming you, and it does not have the power to scare you, I suggest you have a conversation with the spirits.
You may even find a friend there.
karend41 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-05)
Alot of times ghosts will get angry when construction is done on "their place". You see they still feel it is their home, they might not know they are dead. You can spread salt around the house, and tell them directly they are dead, this is your house now, they need to go to the light. If you can't do it, than find someone who specializes in it.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-04)
Truthfully;

This sounds like the beginnings of demonic infestation. I suggest using Catholic Holy water - especially at night. Also, the names of Jesus, Mary and St. Michael the Archangel help a lot. Email me for more info., if you need it. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
oldgeorge (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
Congratulations with the wedding, and I wish you many years of happiness.

Now the warning: ghost hunting in your own house is a bad idea, because it extends an invitation to spirits you can't see to come into your house... And stay. The multiplication factor is troubling, because this seems to be common in demonic situations: they work on colonies or packs. One will come, and bring others along.

First step: ask them to leave.
Second step: ask God to have mercy and take the souls to himself.
Third step: have a priest say the exorcism prayers.

Demons will ask NOT to be prayed for, and will often seek to interrupt prayers. Human souls will accept prayers, and very often stop manifesting once told to stop. Once I even yelled at one who was spooking a friend and right away the manifestations ended (of course, we continue to do prayers for the dead at the location, and things are super-peaceful now).
mark (8 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
Thanks everyone, totally didn't think about the energy and hustle bustle going on contributing to it. Now that I think of it, any time there is an argument or emotionally charged situation, the activity seems to pick up. If I'm stewing about something, or nervous about something the activity gets worse. Probably who ever it is, is feeding off of the energy.

The newest thing going on involves mechanical objects. I have a coffee maker (simple on and off switch) that turned itself on this morning, lights that I know were off, are on in the morning.

Answers to other questions: My future wife doesn't believe in ghosts, even though my whole family has talked about the occurences. She agrees there is something wrong with the house because of all of the pictures. Everyone's camera's can't be dysfunctioinal?

Thank you all for the help. I'm thinking about geting a ghost hunting kit to learn more about what is going on as well as getting the house blessed again.
Stephyk94 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
Hi Mark, It is a possibility that the spirits may be restless with the work that you have been doing around the house that can provoke spirits in certain ways. It is a good idea to get the house blessed before something serious happens to you or people from your family. Take care.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
I wouldn't worry too much over your spectral housemates trying to harm anyone. DARKNESS makes a very good point about the energy and excitement of the upcoming wedding feeding the spirits. After the wedding is over and your new wife has settled into the home, the ghostly encounters will likely become much milder. It may ramp up after she first moves in, but once they get used to her things will settle down.
MintLoria (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
Hi.
All this is something very serious.
ANd you should totally get your house blessed.
Infact, you should do this as soon as possible.
The spirits might hurt you or someone else.
Well; Its like they really don't welcome you in the house!
Even though it's yours.
If everything just seems meaning-less and doesn't work out.
Then you will have to move the house.
In most cases its like the financial problems.
But life is more important than money.
Maybe you can take a loan or move to some relative's house?
It's what I think you can do.
Best of luck. ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Hi mark: I believe things are increasing in the home because of the amount of energy and excitement that is being produced in regards to the wedding these spirits I believe feed of this, just food for thought.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
pinkyred77 (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
I agree with princesslotus, things started to get worst after our house got revonated too. Maybe it's because the noise from the construction bothered them or something? There used to be just a lady apparition in our house. Now we have a little girl, an old man, and a lady.
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Does your future wife no anything about the situation? Make sure when you bring her home, she's alert.

I know this is annoying, but be brave and strong. These spirits cannot hurt you, they must be the one who is afraid of you and trying to distract many ways to get rid of you. It may sound funny, but it's them staying or you staying. If you've seen the movie called "The Others" with Nicole Kidman, it makes me think of that way.
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
I guess your doing all you can. Did you ever record? I'm wondering if the spirits are more active because they know your getting married and know she's going to be moving in also? Well I guess just keep us up dated. Congratulations on the wedding...
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
A lot of times in a home that has a haunting goin' on when the house get renovated or a lot of rearranging or even just cleaning can trigger & increase activity. Strange? Yup! But so true. I would like to know how the blessing goes down so please keep us posted & in the meantime I'll be praying for you & your house. The whole wedding & marriage as well! Bless you & yours!

~LSD~
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Maybe you can check more about the story of the house on your local library?, just to know why so many spirits seem to be roaming there... In any event, I think the idea of a blessing is in order 😭...and well, besides that... Congrats on your wedding! 😁,
Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: