You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: House And Home Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

House And Home Haunting

 

My name is Deanna White. Every since I was little I've been obsessed with the supernatural, but I've never really known anyone who believed and ghosts and stuff like me until this year. I moved to a different school, and met a girl, Samantha Rae, and just like me she's obsessed with ghosts. When we both found out that the other believed in ghosts we decided to start researching into them but we never thought we would be finding information by doing nothing.

The two of us were hanging out at my house when all of a sudden I heard a voice coming from my basement. When I went to check it out my TV was on but at the time we had no cable. Scared I ran back upstairs and told Sam what it was. We decided that maybe it was just a technically malfunction and continued on with our night both fairly scared but then I heard my stereo upstairs turn on, and music began to play. Now this really freaked me out because I was the only one that had a stereo in our house, and I had unplugged mine that day, right after my mom, and siblings went out of town. (My dad lives in a different city much farther away) As well the music was hard core rap music, and I've never in my life listened to anything like that.

By this point we were both shaking with fear. Then both footsteps, and the sound of heavy furniture being pushed around, joined the noise of the stereo, and the TV. Eventually an hour later my auntie came home and once she did everything stopped.

Both me and Sam, to this day do not have any idea what happened and ever since then our encounter with the paranormal has grown quite a bit, and this was only 5 months ago.

There are many more stories that I have that I may decide to put on here later but I'm not sure yet.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deannawhite, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

idelhern2269 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
😨 ❤ ❤ I like it because was obsessive over the supernatural like me, the fact is after you aunt came home, the activity stopped. You want attention?. It enjoyed the attention, good for you.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
deannawhite: The more you open your mind and yourself to the supernatural the more chance you are going to experience something is what I believe. I would just be carefull on how you go about all of your research especially if you are not ready to deal with an experience and open up doors to something you are not prepared for. 😊

Thank you for sharing

Dan
oldgeorge (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-05)
[at] kamui - the general consensus of experts is that poltergeist activity usually devolves into demonic activity when 'accepted' by the target. The most thorough multiple-case examination of the topic was by Herbert Thurston (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Ghosts-and-Poltergeists/Herbert-Thurston/e/9781425452957/?itm=2&USRI=ghosts+and+poltergeists), who concluded that 'poltergeists' are a type of demonic infestation. The manner of 'playfulness' eventually devolved into bullying and sheer terror on the part of the recipients and the 'target.'
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-05)
[at] deanawhite that's surely is scary, well I have experienced some paranormal activities but this one is different. Thanks for sharing!
[at] oldgeorge thanks for the infos, so that means poltergeist activities are merely demonic?
isabella8 (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-05)
oooh... That's scary... I mean... 😲 strange happenings... Right outside the room and you don't even have the nerve to go look what the hell was disturbing which keeps you in mystery... Anyway thanks for sharing... 😊 and take care ❤
spiritual_twinkie (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-05)
I liked the story. Me and my frnd we also look for ghosts in our school. And we saw one. We saw a unusual shadow. It also looked kinda-someone's spirit. We were so scared. 😭We found the ghost in girls'washroom. 😨

Take care of your self ❤
oldgeorge (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-04)
While you have not shared all the information per your post, this bears resemblance to a demonic entity:

1) manipulation- the spirit is triggering events to get you to move from room to room. This is how it 'trains' you.

2) random- the activity is not delivering a particular message, but merely being caused to disturb you.

3) large objects- only demons can move large pieces of furniture.

4) isolative- demons will seek to cause divisions amongst the living by only manifesting to some people, while hiding from others and thus causing room for doubt.

I recommend you contact a Roman Catholic or Orthodox priest, or clergy with experience who can begin helping you to drive this out. If you are 'fascinated' in the true sense of the word, it may consider this enough of an invitation to stay until you unreservedly reject it and 'disinvite' its presence.

If there has been occult activity such as summoning or other rituals, this may take more work. Lots of Holy Water, prayer, Scripture readings (Psalms are an excellent weapon), blessed Crucifixes and Icons, and a life in the Church.

You may also want to contact JimD, who is an active meber here that I know to be an expert. Whoever you ask to help should not ask you for money.

Watch out for conflict and fighting or moments of intense confusion, which will be next if it is truly demonic.
YoshiBomb (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-04)
some please help me. I'm not an angry person, but recently that's all I am. I think it may be related to a demon that has been in my home for the past year. It was dormant at first but has been active lately. Can they be the cause of my short fuze? I don't lash out at people, but I'm always holding myself back now a days because things make me angry.

Justgoogleit85 [at] yahoo.com <- my email
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-04)
Question? Why did you unplug your stereo that day? And did you turn your T.V. Off after it turned on? Or did you girls just sit there while both things were blaring? I think I would have tried to call some one & please don't tell me your phone wasn't working that day, please. I WANT to believe you. & I think that it's alright to be interested in the paranormal but being fascinated with something you're afraid of can be quite frightening. & I take it you are young? Spiritual goings on are incredibly interesting because none of us living weather we are in touch with it intensely; we can't fully grasp the entirety of what really goes down. In this case, on ALL levels of experience, it can be dangerous. 'Specially when demons catch a whiff of some young girls who are curious about the spiritual realm & totally take advantage. Just please be careful, make wise decisions & take heed in what our friends here at YGS who know a bit more on how to deal with thee things. You will get a very colorful array of informative advice here on YGS. Thanx for sharing. I hope you can answer my questions & you keep safe. Bless you & yours.

~LSD~
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-06-04)
Deanna: By obsessed, do you mean really interested, or is it CONSTANTLY on your mind... Obsession is a pretty strong word...

The fact that the activity stopped after your aunt came home, points to over-active imagination, however, all the stuff turning on by themselves: you had a visitor that was trying to scare the daylights out of you! 😆...

Just be careful not to get "obsessive", as you may draw to you more than you're prepared to deal with...

Looking forward to more! 😊
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-04)
I believe because you and your friend was obsessive over the supernatural, you two attracted a being who was craving attention. And it enjoyed that attention and wanted to make its presence known.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: