You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ponies

Real Ghost Stories

Ponies

 

I preface this with some history interfaced with what has happened as it's all relevant to make it understandable as to reactions to each other.

This story is do with two of our three animals that have passed. Our two ponies to be exact. YES we believe animals have spirits just as we humans do. I will also note here that our gelding Dom surpassed our expectations of how long he would live after his "sister" passed away (we gave him 6 months at best)

I've owned 2 ponies, both of whom I took ownership of before my partner and I were together. This account may sound a little disjointed but I think you'll understand.

My mare Cherry I got on 1st April 1986. She was 14, I was 16. My gelding Domink (pronounced Dominic) was a 7 year old when I got him in August 1989, they were always a close pair, hence why we always said they were brother and sister even though they were not biologically related.

This is the story regarding these 2 ponies

Cherry always loved her mum (me), never listening to dad. She was a mamma's girl through and through despite being a total you know what. On December 30 2008 at age 37 she passed away. Despite what her dad says he loved her as much as I did. Dom, after the first 10 years of my partner and I being together (we become a couple on 16th October 1994), had become dads boy.

Cherry always loved getting her hair onto her dads clothing hanging on the clothes line, completely ignoring him when he told her to move making mum (me) come out to deal with her etc.

Anyway onto the story. Cherry since that day she passed away, has made herself known to me, and her dad, at different times. Showing herself out of the corner of my eye near the shed where the clothesline is (ready to get hair on her dads clothing as she was won't to do!), in the paddock moving along as she always did, that feeling I always get when I know those I have loved, animal and human, that have passed are just watching making sure I'm ok but without actually showing themselves etc. I have thought until now that it was just Cherry hanging around making sure I'm ok and to let me know she's still with me. AND being her normal self. Her dad has at times caught her out of the corner of his eye too.

I now believe this is only partially true. On 7 March 2010 (our labor day long weekend here)...a little over 14 months after she passed away her "brother" Dominic had to be put down, age 27, due to a leg infection. We could have had this treated but with his leg and hoof problems over the years and his age (he was 27) it was for the best to put him down as it would be do more harm than good for him.

I have the feeling Cherry haunting us was now only partly for our benefit. The other reason, we believe, was she was waiting for Dom to join her while also making sure we knew she was ok. And as a guide to her beloved brother so he knew she was there and to guide him along (his main nickname was Dopey as he really didn't have an ounce of sense or reason).

In the weeks and months since Dom has passed I have seen and felt them both. It's a nice feeling I get that they are happy and together. My partner has caught him out of the corner of his eye and has done what I have done, turned his head expecting to see him or Cherry, but nothing is there of course.

They are both buried on our property along with the other animals we have lost and it's nice to know they're there, watching us and making sure we know!

Just a further note: They've been seen further times just briefly, things from just out of the corner of our eyes in their favorite places to glancing out the window and seeing them.

Other hauntings by Morticia1

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Morticia1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Jav thanks for that. I couldn't imagine not having them buried here on the property. We were actually asked what we wanted to do with the 2 big ones (as the ponies got called) and if we wanted them taken away. I just shuddered at that thought!

I remember you mentioning about not looking directly at the spirit on another story actually and I'm going to try that out the next time it happens. Funnily enough the animals and humans appearing seem to have lessened since he and I split, I don't know why, though those damn light switches still keep going! 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Morticia,
This story really touches my heart. I've got our pets that have passed buried in our yard too. And they still find there way into the house (my dogs) and to their special pillows. My oldest dog Tippy has come in and gone to her pillow, fluffed it and done her three circles before finally laying down. And yes, I see her out of the corner of my eye too. But I've learned a trick about that, instead of turning to look for them, I continue to watch out of the corner of my eye. If you practice this long enough you'll see what I mean. It's all in the angle you look from. Once you get the angle down you can actually watch what they are doing. The longest I've been able to keep it up is about 5 minute After that my eyes are watering too much.
Thank you for sharing this loving experience.

Jav ❤ ❤
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
Granny indeed that's it exactly. Like kids they drove us nuts many a time but wouldn't have missed having them for the world.

We know they loved us by the way they behaved and knew they were loved. They just want to continue showing it 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
Morticia: I had horses growing up so I can understand the bond you have with your ponies... I think they loved you and your mate alot...

Nice story, thanks for posting...It's great to read the pleasant ones! 😊 ❤
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
granny I do see where youre coming from, however, that's not how blizzards comment comes across 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
Guys, I think blizzard was talking to BadJuuJuu, like he/she was talking to an animal... You know, like you would say, "Bad Fido... BAD BAD BAD"...that...Not funny, since she's one of my buds, but I don't think blizzard meant he/she didn't believe your story...
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
Darkness thank you for the lovely comments. We've felt the same way for a long time now too.

Glad to know so many out there feel the same way no matter what some, like blizzard, say

😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
blizzard43: Whats with your comment?😕

Sorry for the loss Morticia1 I honestly also believe that animals also have spirits like us humans. It does feel as though Cherry was definitely wanting to show her presence to you and your partner, and also maybe knowing that Doms time was coming and was there waiting for him. Great story.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
[at] BadJuuJuu ty and our thoughts are along the same lines. It was hard to decide that with Dom but we had to make the best decision for him not for ourselves as you understand. But theyre still around and a nice feeling to know theyre ok.

[at] Scooby ty and yes precisely. We do feel wonderful theyve stuck around, and continue to let us know theyre about

[at] blizzard excuse me but this is NO joke. Its the truth. If you don't wish to believe it then so be it. We know what we've seen and felt you do not.
blizzard43 (40 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
oh by the way I am deeply sorry for your lossis
😭 😭 I'm sorry just uh a thing ❤
blizzard43 (40 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
to badjuu juu this a a joke BAD JUU JUU BAD BAD BAD no offence ok? 😆
Scooby (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
My deepest sympathies for your losses. Animals. They get into our hearts and love us unconditionally. Yet, it is surprising when we discover they've come back to check on us. What a priviledge you have had to sense them near. Beautiful story and much thanks for submitting. Blessings to you and yours. ❤ ❤ ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
So sorry about your loss. Animals have a way of getting into our hearts, and losing one is just... Indescribably painful. Especially when you have to make a choice like you did with Dom. I understand that choice very well, having faced that choice myself recently.
Cherry likely was waiting on Dom, to show him the way to the other side. And the way back to comfort their beloved humans.
Our animal companions always know how to ease our pain, and will cross any distance to do so. When you see them, be thankful and at ease. It is a great gift that they give us, telling us that they are ok now and we can stop grieving.
Blessings ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: