You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandma Wandering The House

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma Wandering The House

 

Before my grandma died she went a little bit... Well... Mental. She couldn't do anything by herself. She would always wake up in the middle of the night and wander up and down the hall, shuffling her feet as she went. Countless time we had to take her back to her bedroom, because she couldn't remember why she was up. She died when I was 11. At this age I was up until very late every night, playing on the computer until at least 4am. On several occasions the same thing happened:

It would be around the 3-4am mark, and all of a sudden I would hear shuffling coming up the hallway from my grandma's old room. I would be so terrified, I didn't dare move. The shuffling would get louder and louder and all of a sudden stop right outside the computer room door. Then silence. I would be so petrified I wouldn't even leave the computer room if I hadn't heard a noise for ages. This happened on several occasions and eventually I didn't dare stay up so late because I couldn't bear hearing those noises. But sometimes I would still randomly wake up during the night, and hear creaking in the hall, and shuffling.

One time, during the middle of the day I even saw a flicker of a shadow passing between two rooms. A woman dressed in a white gown. It was gone in a flash.

Do you think it was my grandma? If so, was she on some kind of loop? I have since moved out of that house. I have never felt as though this "presence" was comforting in any way. Simply... Wandering.

Other hauntings by rottenyouth

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rottenyouth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
I agree with the two comments below mine, it sounds like a residual haunting to me. When people die sometimes psychic energy is left over and so it replays events on a loop which the person did before they died.

I'm sorry to hear your Grandma had to die like that. But as BadJuuJuu said the haunting occuring now is nothing to worry over. Thanks for sharing your story.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
Fashionista is right, this sounds like a residual. Very creepy, but nothing to worry over.
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
Hi rottenyouth,
I think your theory is right, it's some kind of loop. I think it's what people call "a residual haunting," like a broken tape, replaying the image and sounds over and over, without your grandma actually being there herself. You said that you didn't feel any comforting feeling coming from her, you just felt a "wandering," maybe that's why. You don't feel like that was her spirit in that house after she passed away, am I right? Family member or not, residual or intelligent, I would still be terrified, as you were. Great story, thank you for sharing and God bless.
Genevieve

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: