You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hispanic Woman And Lost Child

Real Ghost Stories

Hispanic Woman And Lost Child

 

A friend and I decided that we wanted to go fishing for catfish along the Mississippi River but we went late night. We thought that the best time to get there would be after 9pm and my youngest brother had apparently decided to tag along. The location was along the Mississippi river in South St. Paul, where the dog park is now along Concord St which is West of Pig's Eye Lake.

Before they built the dog park, it used to be a wooded area with a long walking trail (there is pavement) and we picked a spot where you had to stray off the walking trail and hike through the woods and we probably walked a good distance to the river shore. Anyways, it got late, about 10-1030pm and we decided to build a small fire and resumed fishing. Around 11pm, a Hispanic lady walked out of the woods and asked us if we had seen a little child wandering in the forest. She was probably late 20's or early 30's and we didn't think about it at the time but we thought nothing of it and shrugged it off and resumed fishing. After about 20 minutes, my buddy was facing the woods and was hooking up a night crawler and I was facing the river fishing and suddenly he lost balance because he was jumping backwards from whatever jumped out at him and I managed to prevent us from falling into the river and he stammered for us to put out the fire, ditch the fish we caught (they were still alive) and pack and leave right away.

My Little brother who was surprised we wanted to pack and leave didn't say anything and as we got back to the trail, we didn't dare turn on our flashlights since we believed that ghost can follow the lights and when we got to the car finally, we talked a little about it and apparently, my friend said that there was this big tall white thing that had a humanoid figure jump out of the woods at him when he was hooking up the night crawlers and then it just occurred to us that it was odd that the lady would find us in the woods and ask about a lost child. Then that's when my little brother said "what lady? I didn't hear any lady talking to us? That was really odd because he was standing no more then 3-4 feet from us (it was a small clearing along the river). Obviously we never went back there again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Koopa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PrincessR (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-14)
Omg Your Story Reminded Me Of "La Llorona" Haha
Th Ghost Lady Lookinq For Her Kids:O
Koopa (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
[at] Aya-
It's possible that they're the same since it really wasn't more then oh... 10-15 minuets apart? But considering the lady wasn't aggressive it may not be.

[at] Blizzard-
No kidding huh... I never knew that, I'll have to dig deeper into that as it's peaked my interest now.

[at] Chopis-
LoL! I know what you mean but we really wanted to catch catfish and they're nocturnals so you know how that works 😆
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Nice story! 😊 and very creepy! Do you think the lady and the one who jump in front of your friend are the same?

-AYA
Lisaroxz23 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Oh wow! Well it's a good thing you and your little brother didn't see it. I would freak out man 😨! I think I would throw the fish at it... Even tho to won't do anything... Awesome story tho! 😊
blizzard43 (40 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
😨 😨 😨 holy **** that is scary but it think I read a book about hispanic people of minnisoda or something and something said of a lady who said her child got lost in the woods nobody would help look for the child and when she didn't come back they went looking
for her and found her body near a river with claw marks in her back and near her head and when they looked for what attacked her they found a child with three claw marks across his neck
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
Well, I wouldn't be fishing that late at night!,...scary 😭
Thanks for sharing your story,

Claudia 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: