You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Man in the TV

Real Ghost Stories

Man in the TV

 

This is my son sitting in the floor, opening his christmas gift. This was taken christmas 2001 at my mother in law's home. The tv was off, we sent the picture to be developped, when we got our picture back, there was a man in the tv. It looks to me like the guy was looking over my son. We don't know who the guy is. We sent the picture to ghost hunters and they said it was something, but I forgot what she called it. No one in the family know who the guy is. I told my mother in law it had to be someone from their family because it was not my house, it was her house. But why would this guy be looking over my son for? We lost his great granny that year and him and her where very close to each other, she called him her baby boy. She always worried over him.

Can anyone tell me what you think of this?

Picture of Man in the TV

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kristy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-10)
I had goosebumps reading the story and seeing the picture.

Thanks for Sharing! 😊
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-04)
That is a really cool photo, But I agree it looks as though he is watching over your son. Have you seen him since?
kritesh (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
he is not evil at all
He just want to enjoy the feast
Is there anything evil in it
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
Okay Amihet. I suppose we all have different views! I still do not think he is demonic though even if he is evil because he would have done worse than just watch. I like that everyone has different views because it means that people get to explain themselves fully. Thank you Amihet and thank you Kristy!

~×Charly×~
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
Hey Charly-I beg to differ, he looks evil to me. I can't bear to look at his face, it makes my skin crawl. I have come to trust my instinct. I wonder if they have experienced anything else since.
kritesh (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
it is it dead family member
Also wants to enjoy the fun of christmas
He also want to celebrate it
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
I commented this on someone else's story but I meant to put it here! I'm very sorry Kristy and yudayo!

I really do not think that this is demonic. I don't know how people can call him evil because he doesn't have an expression on him. Maybe this is a dead family member watching over your son like a guardian angel. Go back to the room and see if you can contact this entity. You could find out what this spirit wants and why it was there. Don't be scared of spirits or demons. It is your house and you have god on your side! If it tries to harm you in any way keep a bible and cross with you and get a priest to bless your home. If this doesn't work then maybe you can smudge your home. You have got to be very clear in saying THIS IS MY HOME AND IF YOU HURT OR SCARE ANYONE LIVING OR DEAD THEN I WANT YOU OUT NOW. ANY SPIRITS THAT ARE GOOD CAN STAY BUT THERE ARE RULES IN THIS HOUSE THAT YOU NEED TO FOLLOW. Make it very clear of the rules and stay safe. Thanks for sharing! 

~×Charly×~
Secret_Dromouse (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Its an old TV right? This could be the image from a video that's been paused for a very very long time on the screen that's burnt there. (It does happen)
Or its a reflection of a picture in a frame but I'm going with the burnt on screen thing.
Secret Dormouse
ASH4321 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
If the T.V is old it could be a image burned into the screen or it could just be a reflecting.
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-21)
Hi Jav,

I've studied the photograph again and yes, you could be right. I think on our left, I can see a slight outline of a frame; I may be wrong, but I think I can see it. Not sure about on our right, though.

Lakota73 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-21)
[at] Lakota,
Take another look at this pic. I think I see something that hasn't been mentioned before. If you notice the slight angle his body seems to be sitting in, and then look to the right and left of the figure. He seems to be cut off at the shoulders. I believe this may be a reflection of a photo in a frame. The framed pic sits at a slight angle, which leads me to think it is sitting on a table or bookcase, as opposed to being hung on the wall.
Oh the things I can see with my brand new eyes...

Jav
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-21)
Kristy,

This is one of the creepiest photographs I've seen.

Lakote73
danceswithdoom (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-09)
That's creepy. The face closest to the "man" looks like one of the mummies screaming from The Mummy movies, the second one is nearly indescribable and the one on the far right kind of looks like the tilted face of Jigsaw.
I don't think that there is actually somebody in the picture since it appears to be a very close up image of your son and you would literally have to be sitting on top of the "man" in order to take that picture.
Even if it was a very zoomed image, in the original you would have seen them sitting there. So I don't know...
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
This is one of the first pictures that gave me an eerie feeling! I agree with Blue Turtle - be careful
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
If you're still around, I know this is an old post, I'd be very careful. Watch over your son. When I looked at this picture, I don't know if it was the pixelation or the image, but I got a very bad feeling. The ear on the man looked pointed almost, his eyes dark and malevolent, and his mouth agape as if groaning. His mouth even seemed to move as I looked at him, but that was probably the pixelation tricking me.
Just please, be careful and do some research. The internet is great or perhaps historic papers on the town at the library. Addresses always help as do real estate records, if they have those.
Ace45 (17 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
I agree that man looks evil almost demonic. Make sure your son isn't experiancing sleep paralysis this could be one of the dead trying to "become" your son
Codd2712 (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
That picture actually gave me goosebumps all over 😨

Thanks for sharing

Jenny
VioletAura (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-18)
Gosh,Thats creepy! I can see another face next to the guy it looks like its screaming at him or somthing! But good catch though!

~VioletAura
Sweetz (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
It looks like a man in a suit in the tv. I hope you figure it out and hopeful it not nothing bad. Good luck.
kristy2010 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
the Tv was off and no there was no one there dressed like that. I am the one who posted this pic. I know some of you feel it was family there but no one was dressed like that. We was at my mother inlaw for christmas we always turn the tv off to open the gifts. And we all take pic. And this is the only pic the man showed up in. Yea we do know it is a spirit looking at my son. We don't know who he is. But not long after this pic was took his great granny passed and he was very close to her. She was a wonderful person with lots of love
cutieloli (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
At first I thought that this image was certainly a hoax because the man in the television looked similar to christian bale in "an american physco" so at first I thought that possibly the person paused the tv for quite some time and an image was "burned" into the television.
But upon a second glance I see that you do not have a plasma television, and it isn't possible for the pixels to "burn" as in a plasma television.
I am not saying that this image is 100% true because there is another explanation. That the settings on the television is on a low setting so the lighting in the room overpowered the image on the screen making it undiscernable but faint images can be made out.
I am pretty much undecided but I am thinking more that it isn't paranormal and that it is simply a technical abnormality.
ally711 (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Creepy that guy looks evil for some reason looks like he wanted to hurt your child. I don't know. 😕
Miss_Cannabis (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
This an amazing picture. You can even tell the TV was turned off. You can also see that there is possibly multipul demonic faces to the right of the man's entity. Very weird. I wonder if its a man that formaly lived in the house?
xAdiiBabyDoll16x (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
Hi Kristy! About this pic, on the left, it definitley looks like a man with a suit, and he kind of looks like he has a sadistic smile and his eyes look dark, kind of evil. I wouldn't say hes a friendly ghost, or angel... But I hope you have no problems with this thing

❤Adi ❤
dancingmist107 (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
alls I can say is that dude is freakyy looking. He scares me half to death. 😨 😨 😨
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Only you know for sure whether or not there was a man in a jacket and tie in front in front of your son when this photo was taken, being reflected onto the screen. If there was genuinely no one fitting that description in the room, then that's pretty cool. I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's probably a relative.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Hi, I have looked at the picture but will have to go with maki047. "double exposure is a in which a piece of film is exposed twice, to two different images. The resulting photographic image shows the second image superimposed over the first".
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
I can definitely see the man and he seems to be looking at your son but despite my very good intentions, why shouldn't I believe it's just a reflection of a real person standing next your boy in the room.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
Hi Kristy, that is definitely a man, but it looks like he is watching your son, do you think it could be someone on your mother-in-law's side of the family, like her dad or someone? Thanks for the story and the picture. 😊
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-04)
He's wearing a suit. Very flashy this ghost.
I don't think it's harmful and as everyone else has stated it probably is his guardian angel. Possibly a family member of yours. Think back, Who died at a young age?
--------
I had the MOST F**ked up dream last night. When I'm able to submit my stories, I'll write about it. As well as what happened to me at my friends house.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: