You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Someone Pacing

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Pacing

 

One weekend my dad was going on a fishing trip to South Carolina. Because my mom was too scared to stay by herself, I went over to my parent's to spend the night with my mom. All my life I've heard my mom say "there are people in my bedroom". Well that particular night, we went to bed, and silly me, I said I would sleep with her in her room. She sleeps with no TV. No light nothing, but me on the other hand, in that house I have to leave a TV on. So she turned off the TV. Anyway and we went to sleep.

I had a hard time falling asleep so I rolled over to face the bathroom and she has a sky light in the bathroom so if the moon is directly above it you can see light even if the door is closed. So as I'm lying there, I look at the crack of light in the door and saw someone pacing back and forth, back and forth. One minute I would see the moon light and one minute I wouldn't. I could definitely see the broad shoulders of a man but it was only a side view. My body was like it was paralyzed I couldn't move, I couldn't talk I couldn't do anything. Finally, after laying there for a moment I got up the strength to roll over. I fell asleep and about an hour later, I felt someone step on the bed. My dog tanner slept with us so I put my hand under the covers to see if it was him and he was sound asleep. Then two hours later I woke up to the whole bed shaking rapidly and again my body was paralyzed.

The next day I told my mom about it and she said "Brittany, I woke up to my bed shaking two weeks ago!" Scary huh?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brittanyp1206, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
Interesting to note that the Dog didn't notice that there was a ghostie there in the bedroom with you.
argie777 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
you know I haven't experience it yet!
.,.by the how come it can make you paralyze?
California_Girl (9 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-09-05)
I'd strongly suggest doing some research on the house. You said you saw a man. Perhapsit was an owner before you. Or maybe your parents have domes somet recent renovations? And it has awoken the spirits that rest in peace underneath or near your home?
Feel free to email me if you need help.
Alyssabautista [at] yahoo.com
eternal_flame (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Sounds like when you got scared you experienced what some people refer to as sleep paralysis.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-01)
Hi brittanyp1206: Pinkzilla is on the money the fact that the both of you have now experienced indicates something is definitely going on there. As mentioned maybe do a bit of research it may help to shed some light on to what is going on! Also how did your dog react to this?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
30stones (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-01)
My brother and I own a historic home, and for the seven years we've been here we frequently hear pacing---no rhyme or reason, no particular pattern or location.
Tho it is most common for one or both of us to be downstairs and hear the pacing happening in the upstairs hall...

As for the sleep paralysis, that is something I've experienced for most of my life.
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-01)
That sounds like sleep paralysis, you can google it. HOWEVER, I believe that you did experience something paranormal too because of the shadowy figure and the fact that your mom experienced the bed shaking two weeks earlier. Who it is that is doing this? Maybe research the history of the house AND the land. Let us know if you find something.

:0)
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-01)
yeah I just have experienced it though, is it really normal if you just saw a paranormal phenomenon you would paralyze, can't talk but back in my mind I was shouting loudly, and couldn't do anything?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: