You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Never Playing With A Ouija Board Again

Real Ghost Stories

Never Playing With A Ouija Board Again

 

My name is Cordelia, I am 20. This is my first story that I've shared on here. I have been interested in the Paranormal for awhile. I've had a few experiences before in my apartment building, and several in a cemetery up the road from my place. The one I'm going to talk about is going to relate to the Ouija Board I played with when I was 14 or 15 years old.

I believe there were 5 of us but only 4 of us really played. My friends Jaimee, Melissa, and Amanda sat there and I got the Ouija Board out. I also set out White candles because I was told it brings good energy. We lit them and started to ask the board questions at first the pointer didn't move. Then, after about 10 minutes of trying it started moving and of course we thought it was one of us doing it. So I asked everyone to lightly touch it. That's when the pointer started going out of control and it spelt out something but my friend that was sitting out at the time was too baffled to write down what it said. So we sat there and stared for awhile not knowing what to do. So again we tried to communicate to whoever it was that was trying to talk to us. Nothing happened the second time, so we just put the game away.

A few days later the lady I got the board off of said she had this feeling that I was using it the wrong way. That I wasn't closing the doors I opened after I was done communicating with ghosts. That's when I realized that we didn't say good bye after we were done. I wondered how many doors we opened that day. Several? One? Two? I have no clue. When this lady came to pick up the board, things in my house fell with no explanation. That's when she told me that I opened doors without closing them. That the presence was making itself known right now. Mind you this lady claimed to be a White Witch.

Ever since then I feel as if I'm not alone anymore, sometimes they make themselves present, but nothing big. Just something falling from a shelf, The Volume of CD Player turning up, or I see shadows go by quickly. What do you guys think?

To this day I still live in the same Apartment building but downstairs, I used to live on top floor. I live with my mother and had to move to the 1st floor because she wasn't able to climb the stairs anymore. I still feel a presence in the apartment I live in now even though we moved to a lower apartment. I'm home alone quite a lot too; my mom loves to go out to the casino.

The lady (witch) doesn't live in the building anymore, but I do still see her from time to time around town.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cnothing, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PhenoBarbiDoll (10 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Who knows - maybe that's exactly what people need is a community with their best interests in mind and a collective view and experiences on something bad to try to deter someone from making the same mistake as you. Of course everyone has heard and pretty much associates Ouija boards with being dangerous and not a good idea to play with carelessly but the fact of the matter is - it happens all the time - there's still a lot of people who try it out of curiosity a lone. Maybe having this many warnings will benefit someone and stifle that curiosity with sensibility. Even if it's just one person that it helps. Besides - you did ask what everyone thought and they are just giving their opinions.

I have never and will never personally touch or get near one of those things - who knows what's going to come through the other side. Also, I agree with BadJuuJuu that the "white witch" sounds like a dabbler in the occult and witchcraft in general. It actually doesn't take a truly sensitive or 'special' person to do witchcraft, it's very easy but can be very dangerous (what my story is based off - I can't post until Monday though unfortunately)

Anyways, that's an intense experience and I appreciate you sharing it with us. Unfortunately, the only advice I can give is the collective 'cleanse the house', find that lady and have her put a protective spell on you and to help you close the door (s) you opened. Better yet... Find someone else qualified and reputable to do this - because to me anyone who encourages the use of that device, especially without teaching you how to properly use it isn't a very good witch or person and who knows - may have targeted you specifically to release something at no cost and consequences to her. You were pretty young and that's an impressionable and curious age - that's when I had my experience as well 13-15.

Well good luck to you - I hope in the end it all works out for the best and you rid this thing from your home. ❤
p-a-s-d-e-c-h-e-v-a-l (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Y'all should stop. I'm pretty positive everyone knows that we shouldn't be nonchalantly messing around with dark forces. Nobody needs a community of people urging them to be careful. It's nothing less of damn-annoying.
Ms-Foresight (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
Ouija Boards are very dangerous, and fun. But once you mess around with them you lose the fun part. Be careful.

Grace 😆
psychicteen13 (2 stories) (26 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
You shouldn't have played with a Ouija Board, they're dangerous! You should close the doors after you use the thing. If you want to get rid of it, you can't just simply throw it away, the only way to get rid of it for good is to bury it. If you do bury it, I suggest burying it in some place that is far far far far away from your house, so you don't get bothered by it again.

Good luck and God bless!

-psychicteen13
legaltidbits (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
My neighbor had a Ouija Board, a few years ago I asked her if I might use it, she said sure. I brought it home, it was in my home less than thirty minuites, and I started having some really weird vibes off that Ouija Board. I think something was trying to tell me something evil was lurking inside if I used it. I took the board right out of my house, and put it in the trunk of my car until I saw may neighbor again. I could not wait to get it back to her.
krazberry (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
See you shouldn't have been playing with that Ouija board unless you know how to use it and what to do
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Rook-
I feel honored to help you help someone in need, however the email link won't work. I'll try sending you one through my Yahoo page.

Thank you for the invite! 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
SuperHBK and Shinigami0,

Could you both e-mail me? (address is in my profile)... I do not want to highjack this thread, someone needs help and that would just be rude...

Cnothing,

Are things still happening around you in your downstairs apt? If so then it would seem that whomever you contacted attached itself to you personally (not trying to scare you)... If not, if it is only a presence you feel, then whomever you contacted could be attached to the 'site' that they were contacted from and because the 'door' was not closed properly you feel this (them) nearby.

Either way it does not sound as if what came through is something 'bad/evil' just a spirit that was contacted. They can be asked/helped to move on... Cross back over to the 'other side' if the 'way' is pointed out to them...

Next time you feel this presence calm your mind, speak to it. Let it know that it is time to return. Picture yourself surrounded by a white light and tell it that it must return from where it came from. Picture in your mind an open door and 'see' this spirit through it, then close the door behind them and visualize it being locked.

Please e-mail me if you have any questions. (address is on my profile...)

Respectfully,

Rook
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
Hi cnothing, well first of all you sit with a problem that you want to get rid of (that unseen company that you don't want around you anymore), and that can be easy if the right people assist you by helping you. Remember you don't know what you invited into your life. If it's just a ghost then it's much easier than when you're dealing with an evil thing. Look around where you stay there must be someone experienced who can help you.
With me I just chase unwelcome energies away with the word of God. If it's evil I will get help from church. I'm a Christian and it works for me. I'm not familiar with your religion. I will also not force my religion onto you because if your not have the same believes you will anyway reject my advice.
This white witch-I think she is a fake and her intentions were bad, because how in the word can you have it in your heart to give that board game to a 14 year old teenager when you know it can be dangerous and harmful. This is just not things you mess around with and she had the nerve to say you were using it for the wrong reasons, and she didn't help you at all to correct this mistake. I know humans and teenagers want to explore the unknown because we are all curious about the things we don't know but that board game can be dangerous because you will never know what you invite into your life. I personally will never play it because I don't trust ghosts. One day a ghost pinned me down on my bed saying it's my father- and in my father's voice- he lied. With great difficulty I prayed him away and then I realised that it's true what they say-the devil in disguise" (it's a figure of speech) Imagine if my father was dead I might have fallen for this thing and started to communicate with some fake whatever. That's why I also will never communicate with the dead.
I really hope you will find your way to the right person or people to help you. Good luck and take care. ❤ ❤
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
Good and evil all depend on intentions and perspective. What is holy to others can be an abomination to someone else. What is an abomination to some can also be divine for another group.

Also, like any other object, it starts off as neutral. A sword can be harmless until someone picks it up, sharpens it, and hacks away with it. The same could be applied to ouija boards, although they seem to me to be tools used when bored, as they're not the smartest things to "mess around" with, as a lot of people do.

Cnothing- I'm sorry I hi-jacked your page. I felt I needed to put my point-of-view in, for further explanation to SuperHBK.

Now, I think I'm going to follow Rook's example and step off the soapbox. 😊
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
Rook thank you for your point of view, coming to the point of the prophets acted through God and also when they laid their hands on the sick it was when they acted through God... And not through any thing else.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
Ah another story where I can quote directly from and then explain my point of view...

"The one I'm going to talk about is going to relate to the Ouija Board I played with when I was..."

The main thing to 'highlight' in this quote is 'Played with'...

Ouija boards are neither 'good nor evil... White or black... They are a TOOL for contacting the other side. They are not 'toys' to be 'played' with. The woman who gave this to you claimed to be a White Witch... DO you know her background? I was at one time a practicing witch and I knew many people who claimed to be who truly had no idea what they were doing.

[at] SuperHBK,

"secondly calling spirits, talking to the dead, looking in the future is forbidden in the eye of God..." I understand your point of view but if this statment is indeed the 'whole truth' then please explain to me 'Prophets, praying to the Saint's (talking to them) for intersession
And other teachings of the 'Church'... Laying on of the hands for healing is a good example...

I am no longer a practicing witch, I am a Priesthood holder and teacher for my Church and yet my belief's are not so different as they were before my conversion...Sorry... I'll climb off my soapbox now...

Respectfully,

Rook
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
[at] Whitebuffelo... Thank you for disagreeing with me it makes it challenging for me to state my case... If she is a white witch firstly why does she have a ouija board? Ouija board is a form of dark "magic" so then why is she called white witch, secondly calling spirits, talking to the dead, looking in the future is forbidden in the eye of God so that also forms part of dark magic... I am not convinced of these so called witches, I am sorry for being the critic but face the facts
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
I truly hate to disagree with you, SuperHBK, but there most certainly ARE such a thing as witches. And as this woman who used to live there was a WHITE witch- that would indicate that she dealt in the "white (or "good") majic".

What I would honestly suggest, cnothing, is to take hold of the woman who loaned you the board AND told you that she could sense an issue, and ask her to do a "walk through". Chances are, IF she is walking the correct path, that she would step up and assist, as for her "part" in all of this.
Wado.
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
Right just a few things from my side... Why on earth did you even played the ouija board? Opening a door and not closing it can lead demons in to your place. Have you ever considered that fact? I would like you to email me on albertb [at] angloplat.com so that we can talk about this there. And that lady claiming to be a white witch let me assure you, there ain't such things as witches...
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
If you still see the lady, why not ask her for help? Ask her if it's possible to help you close the door that you opened. I agree with badjuujuu. I'm not good at cleansing but asking the right people would help you a lot.

California_Girl (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-05)
Sometimes after using a oija board, the spirits become attached so maybe that's what has happened. You can never leave a portal opened. Maybe it's manifesting. I can help and guide you if you need it. Feel free to email me.
Alyssabautista [at] yahoo.com
Josh-Smith (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-05)
if you're looking to try to get rid of this spirit, have your appartment blessed.
Alphonse224 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-05)
I don't who came up with the ouiji board but it was a mistake that can never be taken back. Ouiji boards are dangerous to anyone it doesn't matter if you think you can control what happens, people always think they can control them. I had a friend who thought she could control one. She ended up dying from an unknown cause a few days after having a weird experience with a spirit she summoned with her ouiji board.
Shadowfiend (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-05)
Personally I use ouija boards, because I have read countless stories and warnings. I believe that I can keep control over anything that tries to communicate with me, I am also aware of when it is appropriate to end a session. But in saying that I would not recommend it to just anyone. But I realise most peoples curiosities will lead them to it, in which case I would say study up before you use it. A ouija board is like fire, useful when used correctly, but recklessness or ignorance can burn you, be safe guys.!
joshmc28 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
why is it bad to have symbals of god around when using a ouija board 😕
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Ouija boards are a tricky subject. I agree with the others that if you haven't, you should properly close the session so the entity can move on. (Sometimes they can be a little... Well, strange... When it comes to social interactions). I know it can be hard (especially when you have a curiosity like mine), but I also agree that you should limit the use of the ouija board, try stopping, or if you absolutely must for some reason, do so with someone who has professional or great skill and use proper precautions.

As the others suggested, try a cleansing, and see how it goes from there. I hope our suggestions work for you. 😊
agimat_warrior (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
in the first place I find it not wise to play with ouija boards or spirit of the glass. However, I know out of curiosity anyone will.
I know I did some years back in my adolescent years and I am now 44 years old.

The spirit you let out are attached to you because you let them out without properly bidding your goodbyes after you conjure them.

I used to be involved in wiccan practices and ideology but recanted now in favor of the catholic faith.

Whatever your faith is, go to your priest or pastor and use objects of your faith as protection and to ward them (the spiritual disturbances) off.

For christians there are simple prayers of deliverances that should be prayed frequently to ward this spirits off
trueckl (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-01)
I honestly can't even look at a Ouiji board, much less use one. My girlfriends and I used one many years ago and we had some VERY strange occurrences with it. We also used white candles (I think because that's all her mother had in the house). We were very young and had no knowledge of the board, other than it was spooky and fun, that is, until we began using it and the candles blew out and things started falling over. That is an event I will never soon forget and to this day I would never dare touch one. I tend to be overly superstitious too though, so who knows. 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-01)
cnothing: I have theory that some of the spirits who come through are a little upset at being disturbed... If the board wasn't closed properly, they may not know how to get back where they came from... I don't think they HAVE to go back through the board, so if you can, talk to them and let them know you're no longer in need of their insight... This may be enough to get them to leave...

And don't use those things any more!... 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+6
14 years ago (2010-09-01)
It seems odd to me that a "white witch" would loan you a magickal tool, not help you use the thing correctly, and then inform you that you opened doors but not help you close them. Not terribly responsible. Not the way a witch would behave. Your neighbor sounds more like a dabbler in the occult than a true witch.
I would recommend a cleansing of the home. You could do some things yourself, like burning sage in each room, envisioning he smoke driving out all negative energy. After burning the sage, draw a line of salt at each window and door leading out of the apartment, visualize the salt creating a barrier between you and all negativity. Salt is pure, evil and negativity cannot cross it. Burning lavender incense helps also.
If you would prefer, ask someone else to come do a cleansing in your home, whether Pagan or Christian. Whatever you are more comfortable with. I hope this all gets sorted out for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: