You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Freaked Out By Someone Pacing Back And Forth

Real Ghost Stories

Freaked Out By Someone Pacing Back And Forth

 

I started reading up on the sleep paralysis topic, after an incident that happened to me this afternoon when while I was sleeping. I had just moved into my place a month or so ago. My roommate and I like the place, but we had both separately experienced some strange occurrences.

One afternoon, I was home alone, and I was taking a nap. I kept hearing something to the right of me. It sort of sounded like someone was pacing back and forth beside my bed. I opened my eyes, and tried to get up, but couldn't. I felt tremendous pressure on my body. While I was struggling to move my body and look to my right to see if there was someone in my room, the pacing stopped. I still felt like there was some kind of presence next to my bed, but I couldn't turn my head to look. I was terribly confused, and I felt completely awake, but somehow glued to my bed.

The presence moved next to me, and I felt almost as if it was hugging me. Then, it whispered "Don't cry." It moved even closer to me, not like it was trying to smother me, I thought it was trying to kiss me on the cheek, in a comforting gesture. I tried to speak, but it came out as a moan more so than words. Then it was just like everything evaporated, and I got up and I was so freaked out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MM2004, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-22)
Someone from the past did something in that place and it's still there. When people move into a new home, it's always nice to say a little prayer and bless the home/apartment if you can. You have a right to make sure you're not going to be effected by anything the former residence may have left behind. I would ask for God to bless my new home and to remove any lingering spirits that have no more business with the living. Then I would toss some holy water around in the form of crosses and bless major walking areas and doorways and even over the bed. And if you need to, toss some salt around also. It can really help.
MM2004 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
No, I haven't had any other experiences. My roommate wasn't home at the time.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
I think you might be on the right track with sleep paralysis. Have you had any other experiences? Or your roommate?
TKDJamie (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
Wow
That would be very scary! Mabe it was the ghost of someone youknow? Or perhaps they think you are upset about something? I don't know!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: