You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Room 11

Real Ghost Stories

Room 11

 

I have stumbled upon this page and it really caught my attention so I have decided to share my very own experience. I am not a very good story teller but I'll try my best to make things clear.

I was 17 years old (now I'm 23) when this weird experience of mine happened. I came to Cebu to attend a refreshers' course since it was a requirement for the scholarship that I have passed. Being new to the city, my parents decided to let me live in a boarding house near the school though my father has a sister to where I can stay.

Well, I was also a bit thankful because it would be my first time to live alone and it would also be a preparation for me since I will be living away from them for my entire college days. Besides living in a house near the school where I will be taking the refreshers' course is preferable than going home to my aunt's house which will take more than an hour travel from the school. That saves my time and of course energy.

The house has 11 rooms and since it was summer vacation, there weren't lots of students in the house. There were only 4 rooms occupied, Room 1 (the care taker), Room 2 and 3 were occupied by other students also taking up the refreshers' course and Room 10 was my room.

Let me give a picture of the house, the rooms were located upstairs. Upon reaching the second floor, you will be facing the bathroom's door. On your left is a hallway leading to my room. Along the hallway are the other rooms' doors facing each other? Upon reaching my room's door, there is an intersection, to the left is a hallway leading to other rooms and to the right is another passage going to Room 11's door.

When I am new to the place, I would really be a light sleeper. I am easily awakened with even small noises from the outside. It was around 2:00 AM when I heard footsteps from the outside. The footsteps were going towards Room 11. I heard the door opened but I never heard it close again. I didn't feel scared thinking that it was the room owner who arrived late in the morning. The same thing happened the following night. I just told myself that maybe one day we could meet and introduce each other.

One morning, I was packing something in a plastic bag. The plastic bag made noises while I was doing it. When I was done, I set aside the plastic bag but seconds passed and I heard like someone doing the same thing, packing something in a plastic bag. The noise was coming from room 11.

There was also another night that I heard someone knocking on the wall of my room. It was the wall which divides my room and Room 11. Things about ghosts didn't come into my mind until the 5th day of my stay.

I and my other housemates was chit chatting in the hallway going to my room. We were sitting on a sofa when I suddenly glanced into my rooms' door. I suddenly told them that my room has been locked. Well, I really didn't know where those words came from because all I know is that I didn't lock my room. I was pretty awake when I left my keys on the table inside my room and left the lights on since it was already around 7:00 PM.

Realization came to me so I hurriedly went to my room only to find out that it was really locked. I told the caretaker about it but unfortunately she doesn't have a spare key since it was lost. One of the guys house help of that boarding house decided to destroy the door knob. Yes at last he had done it! Yet the door won't still open. As if something was blocking it.

When the door is almost two inches opened, we noticed that the light was already off. That freaked me out, thinking that someone might have sneaked into my room. What I did was that I begged to him/her or whatever it was inside my room not to do any harm to us. That I was not from the place and that he/she must not take my things. That was the time the door was easily opened. Yet we found no one inside my room and nothing was touched. I looked at our caretaker and I could see that she knew something about what had happened.

Then I remembered about the footsteps, the opening of the door and the feeling that someone was living in the room beside my room - 11. I asked her who was in that room. Yet she was shocked with the question. She was interrogating me while we were opening the next door so I told her all about the things I could hear from Room 11. Then she told me that no one was living in that room. And that the room is not allowed to be rented for a very long time already up to the time we stayed there.

True enough, I found the room abandoned and you could really see that it was not occupied. Dust covering the floor, closed windows, no bed, the room itself is lifeless. Goosebumps covered all over my body while we were inside that room recalling what I was hearing from that room. So what was the explanation of the footsteps, the opening of the door and the other noises coming from Room 11?

I didn't last in that place. After 7 days of my stay, I decided to go home. I didn't finish the refreshers' course I was taking. On the last day of my stay, the caretaker told me what really happened in that boarding house. And I will also be sharing it to you on my next post.

Other hauntings by blackdiamond_872020

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blackdiamond_872020, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KL (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-19)
Were you by any chance a DOST scholar staying at the bording house near USC-TC?
(^^,)

Had the same freaky experience when I did my refresher course there.
blackdiamond_872020 (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
Thanks to all of you.

My apology that I kept you waiting for the next story I just got so busy with my work. I have already submitted the next story. It's all up to the postmaster to post it as soon as possible.

[at] blue_raven80 - I really believe that your friends are telling the truth. I still have lots of weird experiences on my 2nd boarding house. I will also be sharing them on my next posts.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-13)
that was freaky! I am also from the philipines and my friends way back in college who used to stay in a dorm will tell things like that. It could be a residual haunting or the ghost in that room is not yet ready to move on.

I'll be waiting for your other posts since it seems that there is more on that boarding house.

^_^
johnwatson (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-12)
come on man tell us what happened den... So please man tell us
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-12)
Allrightythen...
What's up with that? ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜† Me thinks, you very well know, how to tell a story! Me thinks, you tell a story very well! Please, don't keep us waiting too long.
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
Egh! We want to know the rest of the story! Lol I hate anticipation!
tibrewalmanav1 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
please do post your next part. I am really excited. Please do contact tibrewalmanav [at] zapak.com ๐Ÿ˜•
luna17 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
Awhhh! What happen?! ๐Ÿ˜ญ I want to know! Great story, too bad you didn't finish your studies there... That makes me wonder... What happen? ๐Ÿ˜จ
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
Hahahaha...I almost faint at the end, how come are we going to wait to know what happened in room 11?!...now is not important but gotta tell you, to bad that you didn't finish the course... Was it something to do with you staying in that lodge?
Claudia
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
Awwwww man, I really want to know what happened in Room 11 ๐Ÿ˜ข Good story, can't wait for the next part. ๐Ÿ˜Š
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
HAAAAA! Way to leave us hanging BlackDiamond: ๐Ÿ˜†

I absolutely love it, can't wait to hear your next submission.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
Blackdiamond... This is totally wrong of you to keep us in suspense, but anyway great story I enjoyed is very much can't wait for the next installment, coming to your experience I might have been that someone died in that house and the school knows about it but want to cover it up, if I were you I would have gone back and do some investigation my self ๐Ÿ˜†
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Man, you sure know how to build suspense! I'm looking foward to the next installment. Your story was also well written, which is an added bonus.

Is it possible that something in the past happened, and now there is a residual haunting?

I'd like to know more about the history of what happened there. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Great story. I too am anxiously awaiting your next story. Please post it soon and thank you for sharing.

:0)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
blackdiamond: That is not fair! ๐Ÿ˜†...Now I'm sitting on pins and needles, waiting to find out about room #11 ๐Ÿ˜Š...

Looking forward to it!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: