You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Answered Prayer

Real Ghost Stories

Answered Prayer

 

I have always been interested in ghost and the paranormal since I was a kid. My great grandmother was a professional psychic, and my mother has dreams of events before they happen, so I guess you can say that kind of thing runs in the family. I have only one bad memory of seeing a "ghost" per say. I was only in 7th grade at the time. It was at my house in Ohio. I was going to bed, so I walked in my room and turned on the light. The curtains on my window were open, and outside was this bright red "thing". It didn't resemble a person what so ever. But I could tell that it had a face, and the rest of it was covered in giant holes. I remember screaming, my dad came in and asked me what was wrong, when I told him he said it was probably the bush outside. Well I went out the next day, there was no bush.

Now to the present day. I have been having more experiences, and they have gotten bad. It all started about two months ago, before I went to bed I prayed for the first time in a long time. I asked for proof, proof of ghost, god, all of it. After a week of nothing I started to get the sensation of poking on my legs and arms. It scared me to tell you the truth, but I tried to ignore it. It happened every night for about 2 weeks. I started to get real nervous when I saw bruises appearing all over my legs and arms. Whenever my mom and boyfriend asked me where they came from, I tell them it's from the dog, or that I bumped them at the gym.

Then I had the dream that changed it all. In my dream I was in my room, it was dark, and the only source of light was the T.V. I hear this voice coming from behind me, a woman's voice. But I never turned around, I just talked to her. She played with my hair and laughed with me. But when I tried to leave, she wouldn't let me. When I insisted she grabbed my hair and tried to pull me under the bed. I screamed until Kyle (my boyfriend) came and got me. He told me to lie down in my mom's room. My mom came in and I tried to tell her what had happened. But as soon as I opened my mouth, something crawled in. My jaw broke, and I had this sensation of an incredibly heavy weight all over my body, and the sound that came out of my mouth is what scared me the most. I woke up in tears, I'm about to break down just writing about it. But I had the sensation that someone was there when I woke, someone good which comforted me.

I recently got a cross necklace, which has done wonders for me. I haven't had one nightmare.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, koolchik4u4, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-13)
<As a lady once told me as well as my boyfriend "Be careful what you wish for" you just might get it and then some. - Lanafairy81> This is the same line that my boyfriend tells me everytime I ask of something that is not so good. If the necklace protects you from having nightmares, keep it. I also believe that it's your faith that keeps you protected.

^_^
clark200666 (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-13)
According to your story, you are asking god for prof about ghost, and he gave it to you, it's a sign that you should believe in god, and pray for him at all times.

May the lord be with you my brothers and sisters.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
wow it's been a long while since I've been here... When in trouble pray for God to send St. Michael to fight off whatever spirit that is harming you
God Bless
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
Nev I would LOVE to talk about that. For real. Because I've been taught by my parents one thing the bible another & experience with just paranormal in my life. & being Christian I'm supposed to believe they are all demons. I've witnessed Angels as well' Hit me up via email.

Butterflygreen08[at]aim.com

Bless you & yours. MCL!

~LSD~
ScepticalSimon (11 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
It seems to me like you kind of asked for that one. 😜

Thats all I want to say but need to expand my message as its to short. 😠
Nervous_Nev (6 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
The Lord will always show you the way. Hey does anyone think ghosts are spirits that are trapped between heaven and hell? Either they didn't do enough good in their life or they were'nt bad-ass enough for Hell. Its just a theory I had one day after seein the Ghost of Joe Shivers because he was a great man but didn't really do much with his life. But I just wondered why he was back on earth as I assumed the good man would be with God in Heaven. Any thoughts or am I just reading too much into it?
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
Bless you! I'm glad the Lord showed you the truth of what was going on. Curious is it not?

~LSD~
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Well, you asked for proof of the paranormal. You know what they say, be careful what you ask for. 😉
You invited activity into your life. More than likely you picked up a wandering human ghost. Keep in mind that as some living humans are temperamental jerks, some dead humans are too. Human ghosts are normally pretty easy to get along with, but when you get a nasty one, telling it to leave usually works. You have to mean it though. If some part of you wants the entity to stay, it will pick up on that and not leave.
The dream may or may not have been paranormal. I would think it likely that the dream was the result of the fear from the unexplained bruises, rather than a paranormal event.
If the cross is working for you, good. Keep wearing it. Whatever works to bring you comfort and safety.
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
As a lady once told me as well as my boyfriend "Be careful what you wish for" you just might get it and then some. Glad your necklace is doing wonders for you it is nice to have something for that comfort and protection. I personally use a tiger's eye pendant and a bundle of sage on my night table. When my niece, and son come over and say they have trouble sleeping I tell them to draw a imaginary circle around the bed and to fall asleep in it... They say it works great for them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: