You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Shadow Man Returns

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Man Returns

 

Ive been seeing some sort of shadow man pretty much since I was a young girl. I used to see him back then only at night. I didn't know it was such a common phenomenon so I would call him a "stick man" because he was as skinny as a match stick and wore a hat but he was pitch black and I couldn't make out facial features or anything. I was terrified because everytime he appeared, he was sitting astride me in the darkness of the night. I was sure I was awake but I couldn't move no matter how hard I tried to bump him off me nor could I scream. It was terrifying.

When in my mid-thirties, I started seeing a man in my peripheral vision in broad daylight. He was a debonair chap in shirt, vest and jacket. He had one of those old chain watches hanging from his pocket and he also wore a hat. When I spotted him and turned to get a better look he would disappear. He wasn't at all scary and I even had a good feeling when I sensed he was around. I felt he was in my home as some sort of guide. A few years later I returned to uni as a mature aged student and I wrote some amazing assignments which got me high distinctions. For some reason I felt that my debonair chap was the one who was guiding me in my writing. I felt he was my academic guide!

The strangest thing about my "academic" is that my daughter, who was about 5 years old at the time, also used to see him and she wasn't scared of him either. Strangely enough, she also became a distinction student at uni.

About 5 years ago my daughter, about 22 at the time, told me that she had started seeing a skinny shadow man with a hat at nights. She said he scares her because she feels he wants to rape her. Could this be the same "stick" man that I used to see and why is he now visiting my daughter?

I am now 54 years old! A couple of nights ago I "woke" to a strange noise in my bedroom. I was petrified and thought there was someone in my room and decided not to move. I was sure it was a burglar and hoped that he would take whatever he would take and if I pretended to be asleep he might go away without bashing or raping me. I was lying on my side when to my horror I felt somebody creeping up against my back. Rising on his elbow he slowly put the side of his face down against mine. I froze and then decided to calmly ask who he was. However, I couldn't get a word out hard as I tried. Eventually I got out a mumbled "whooo" and when I did that, he disappeared. Of course, I got up and went around the house checking doors and windows and there was nobody in the house. Of all my experiences, this was the scariest because of the skin to skin contact. I've been terrified every night since.

I've read a lot on the net and most people describe dark shadow men with hats. Some say they take varying shapes. I don't think that my visitors are one and the same. At least my academic is definitely not a bad guy. But are the other two one and the same in different forms? My feeling is that they are both bad but the one who came the other night made me feel that he had more on his mind than just scaring me. He felt so real, his face felt like real flesh. I couldn't actually see him but I felt his clammy skin against mine and sensed a sleazy grin on his face. I was sure I was going to get raped.

Has anybody else had actual physical contact with their shadow man visitor? Is there a psychological or parapsychological explanation to the shadow man? I've heard lots of stories from people who have seen them but no explanation from some sort of expert.

Other hauntings by Vanessanda

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Greece

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vanessanda, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Worcer

Thanks but I don't get the feeling that he is the Black Reaper. So many people see some sort of Shadow Man but they are still here to tell the story.

However, I am curious about your theory so please tell me why he comes to so many people and then decides not escort us out of this world. Isn't the Grim Reaper a bad spirit?

Thank you
worcer (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
The Shadow man (hat man) I suppose is Black reaper of what Chinese lore says. No one knows y he appear. Only in Chinese lore say he will bring the spirits to hell for judgement. In Stories, he is just the escort when you leave this mortal world. Normally very fierce.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
Vanessanda,

'And there was MUCH REJOYCING!'

That is wonderful news. I also look forward to reading your experience when it gets published over at the sister site. Just drop me an e-mail in case I miss that event.

I'm glad you are well. Sending Positive Thoughts and Energy your direction, as always.

Respectfully,

Rook
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
Rook,

I've written up the story about the tugging. I've signed up in the other site but again I have to wait as there is no room left. I've saved it in Word and I'll let you know when I have been able to publish it.

No sign at all from my stalker this week, yehhhh!

Vanessanda
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
Rook, you know that I will do that for sure. Gotta go now and prepare today's lessons. I went out in the pouring rain yesterday and waited for the bus... In vain... There was a bus strike! Missed yesterday's lessons and I will lose tomorrow's for the same reason.

Thank you for everything!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
Vanessanda,

Just let me know when it gets 'published' so I can assist you with it. I do not check that site everyday.

Please keep me updated with everything else as well.

Sending you Positive Thouhgts and Energy.

Respectfully,

Rook
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
Rook, it looks as though I can write up the whole story so I will do that because I would like you to know exactly how it started and how it felt so you can explain to me. I'll have more time tomorrow, I won't be able to go out for lessons because of the rolling transport strikes. I don't know whether it was OBE or one of the other things you said. I'm eager to hear what you have to say, thanks
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
Vanessanda,

When experiences involve OBE's or Remote Viewing you may have better luck and better feedback on this site...

Http://www.psychic-experiences.com/

It's like this one but the experiences are more psychic in nature and any experiences you have had with this type of phenomenon would be more suited to it rather than here... No extra downloads or anything. I'm a member there as well, same screen name and everything...

To answer your question... Yes the silver cord acts as a tether and keeps one connected to their body, no matter how far they have 'traveled'. I'll answer other questions you may have either on the 'Sister Site' or ask me via e-mail.

Respectfully,

Rook
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
Rook, thank you. I do believe in those things although I don't know much about them. I have had a strange experience which continued for several years. I didn't know what it was until I visited a medium. She told me to relax and that it was safe because there was a guide out there protecting me. She also said something about a silver cord which would keep me connected or grounded or something like that so there was no chance of getting lost. Does that make sense to you?

I did relax, ONCE ONLY after what she said to me but it scared me because I started floating towards the window and I thought I was going to go through it to the outside and I didn't know where it would take me from there. So I have fought it off ever since. It certainly wasn't voluntary or as you state a "conscious" effort and that's why it frightened me so much. It was the thought of not being able to control it. It hasn't happened for a few years now. Guess it's time to start learning more about these things but I can't write up these experiences because YGS doesn't have any more room for input.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
Vanessanda,

You ask a very intresting question and the answer I have takes a certian belief in things like Astral Travel, Out of Body Experiences (OBE's) and Remote Viewing.

The latter two may apply in this situation and I feel either are possible to 'preform' either by conscious effort or unconsciously.

So it may be possible that the individual you are thinking of may have 'visited' and you saw is 'form' as a shadow type 'being'...

Respectfully,

Rook
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-08)
Rook, after I logged out, 3 things slowly dawned on me. First thing was that it couldn't be my Godfather. I went searching for answers because the particular visit in my story from my shadow man had sexual connotations. That's what scared me so much. The loud sucking kiss in my ear the other night served to fuel those fears.

Secondly, a couple of hours later, it dawned on me that stubble has much more relevance and a lot more recent than my Godfather. My mind didn't go there immediately because this person is alive. There have been countless discussions about the particular stubble that I'm thinking about. But it IS something very private and I guess you must have worked that one out before me too, from the way you said that we could discuss the details via email. The noisy kiss in the ear also gels better, and might even connect with the clammy skin in my story. I'll explain that via email. It would also explain why this shadow man is so different to the one I've been seeing until now. This one has a more solid shape, almost tangible and is not simply a shadow.

Thirdly, I remembered that after I got that sucking kiss sound in my ear, because of the sexual connotations, I felt an urgent need to shower, which I actually did do! With the rosemary! That also gels with the more recent "stubble", in a way. I'm sure I was wrong about it being my Godfather.

You say it can't be negative after all I've done and I believe you. But, is it possible that it's not somebody who has passed but somebody visiting by "projecting" and not know they are doing it? In other words, could this person be projecting but think they are dreaming? Is something like that possible?

Vanessanda
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-06)
Vanessanda,

Just an 'impression' I had as I read what you had posted.

As far as being scared... It may be the simple fact that it's a 'shadow' you are seeing... Or maybe the 'closeness' of the experiences with the 'shadow'. There are many contributing factors that many be causeing your fear.

Respectfully,

Rook
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
Rook, PS I never mentioned any 'stubble' at all, anywhere anytime! Why did you mention 'stubble'?
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
Rook, good grief, you have brought back memories of my Godfather who died many years ago. He had stubble and I loved him dearly and felt safe in his embrace. He use to drive me nuts, though, with his sloppy noisy kisses when I was a child. I often used to tell him to stop because he also used to bite my cheek when he got "overly affectionate" and it would hurt me. I could never understand it but some Greeks do that! But why would I feel so scared of this presence if it was my Godfather? I've had experiences which haven't frightened me but this shadow man terrifies me.

Can you teach me a good prayer to say before "I lay me down to sleep", please? (by email)

V
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
Vanessanda,

Please do not stop using your kandili, it is one of those things that helps you feel protected and that is a Good thing.

Protection needs to be a layered thing... One layer can be the lit Kandili... Another Saying a Prayer before going to sleep... And another the Sheild Technique I shared with you. Each works on it's own, but together they work even better.

As far as this 'shadow man' goes... With all the things you have done to 'push out' the negative things from your home there is a very good chance 'he' is not negative. 'He' may not know how to 'present' himself in a way that doesn't 'scare' you but is not negative in anyway.

Is there a loved one...male...that has passed that made that 'sound' with his lips and always had stubble on his chin when he kissed your cheek? This is some one who you would have felt calm and protected by. Someone who may still be watching out for you and is trying to show that he is still trying to protect you.

Keep us posted and remember you can always e-mail me if there are details you do not want to share here on site.

Respectfully,

Rook
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
Rook, last Friday night I was re-visited by my shadow man. He hadn't appeared for some time and I was comfortable enough not to light my kandili the last few nights. I was lying in bed watching TV and there was nothing worth watching. I reached up and flicked the switch above my bedhead and put my head on my pillow. Still wide awake and before I had a chance to settle, I heard a very loud smacking sound in my ear. You know the sound of that long sucking kiss in the air that we make sometimes? I shot up and raced to fill my kandili with oil and lit it.

I know you said Rome wasn't built in a day but he didn't even wait until I was asleep first. The previous time that he showed, was also while I was still wide awake but I didn't see or hear anything that time, I just "felt" an uncomfortable presence. This week I completed the Shield for the 3rd time. I'm hoping that will be the last of him but I have been sleeping with a light on in the passage since. His presence is definitely diminishing and his visits are now few and far between but it almost feels like he's changed tactics. Does that make sense? It's not my fear that's keeping him coming back because I was feeling comfortable.

Vanessa
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Rook, I do want to talk to you about it but not just yet. Eventually, when I am ready to tell you I am sure you will understand why it's so difficult. I feel we have made some sort of connection and I feel comfortable telling you that yes it's exactly about what you think it's about. Please write me an email and tell me what you are thinking it is.

I'm signing out for today
Bye
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Rook, There is not a chance in the world that anybody other than myself knows about the purple flowers. Not a single soul. My mum herself didn't know about them when she passed because the purple flowers didnt' exist at that time.

I didn't understand myself. I got up and walked around thinking "purple flowers? Purple flowers?" And then there they were my "purple flowers".
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Vanessanda,

What ever makes you comfortable... We don't even have to discuss it if you do not want to.

Respectfully,

Rook
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Rook, if that is a message, it's from my mum 😭 It has relevance like you wouldn't believe 😭 Oh my God, I know what 'the purple flowers' are. I wrote a story for YGS about my mum's passing but I couldn't publish it because there's no room. In it I say that if anyone can get a message through it would be my mum. I wrote it last night Rook. But, I would prefer to discuss this one in private because it hurts too much.
😭
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Are you kidding me Rook? This room can be described in two words... Blue and gold
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Vanessanda,

I wouldn't go so far as to say I described the room... But the color matches and lace connection are a 'good' validation point.

You asked me if you had a Guardian watching over you, and I can answer that in a positive manner. Yes you do.

Your Grandmother (Yiayia) Loves you very much, and she's happy for you... Take a deep breath... You have been getting signs from her for a long time, but things in your life have been causing you to miss them. Slow down, stop and smell the...I'm not sure what they are... Little Purple Flowers? I do not know what they are called...

Please continue to ask any questions you may have. Good Thoughts and Energy to you.

Respectfully,

Rook
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Rook, welcome to my world. And yes, the walls also are soft gold creamy colour. I don't really know how to describe the colour of the paint other than that way.
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Rook,the room you are describing is my lounge room. It is quite a large room. I use half as a lounge and the other half as an office... Computer, desk, spare bed etc.

The lounge half has so much blue you wouldn't believe! 4 seater and 2 seater and sofa chair all blue. Half the cushions are blue the other half golden colour. Blue and gold carpet square on the floor. Blue and gold throw rugs and blue and gold lamp shade, ok? There is also shiny blue just outside the lounge door etc etc. So what happens is this... The curtains are actually a cream colour but they pick up on all the blue and they give off a soft blue tint.

Yes Yiayia made lace. Unfortunately, she used to sell her work and never saw fit to gift me a piece to remember her by. (Yiayia the healer). The lace runner you saw is there in front of the curtains but it's not her work.

On one wall there is a huge print by W.H.Margetson. It's in a golden frame. The print itself is mostly golden. Shows a woman looking down at something she's picked up off the beach. She's wearing soft gold and cream kind of toga etched with blue and you can see the golden sand and a bit of the shoreline.
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Rook, you have not upset me in the least but you have totally blown me away! I have goose bumps. I'm out of smokes, so I'm going out for 10 minutes so the goosebumps settle. I will be back to explain shortly.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Vanessanda,

Take all the time you need. I hope I haven't upset you in any way. If I have you have my apologies right here and now.

Respectfully,

Rook
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Roooooooooooook, Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat did you just say? Give me a moment please!
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Javelina, know what's even more impressive? Ok, I had only just opened YGS when the phone started ringing and immediately I went into panic mode, so hadn't had a chance to read Rook's post proper, nor could I think straight. I noticed 'glasses' first and told him 'no glasses'. Then I noticed 'maroon' and told him 'no maroon'. I took for granted that everything else was correct and was so nervous that I didn't even say "everything else is correct".

When I started to calm and he insisted on the maroon, I looked down at what I was wearing (same as the day before) and there wasn't a spot of maroon on me... But, he'd insisted "dark red/maroon"... Slowly it dawned on me, that when I chose my last pair of glasses, I was determined to buy red frames. I took them off my face and just stared at them. I was wearing dark red/maroon framed glasses. I never would have made the connection. He was 100% right from the start... What can I say?

I've been perfectly calm since last night, Athens time, thank you. It's 12. 16 now and there have been no calls from creepy man yet.

V 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Vanessanda,

Did your Grandmother make her own lace?

I saw a lace runner on a table. Lace 'shears' behind the blue (medium shade) curtains over the windows.

There is a gold tint to the paint on the walls in the rooms I 'saw'.

I hope you are well. I am still sending you positive energy and thoughts.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
Vanessanda,
Wow! It looks like Rook's been right with you the whole time. That's pretty cool that he got the description of the guy so perfectly. Even I'm impressed! And I've read lot's of his accounts.
How are you doing so far?

Jav

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: