You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghosts At My Sister's House

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghosts At My Sister's House

 

It has been a while since I have posted anything, but a busy life will cause that. The story I'm about to tell took place at my baby sister's house and the events happened in a two year span.

When my sister and family first moved in this house there were little things that happened such as cold spots, missing items and such. Kelly just figured that she was imagining things. The first thing that really spooked her was when her dryer door would open during a spin, Kelly figured that the clothes must have hit the door causing it to open.

But one evening Kelly was standing at her dryer folding clothes and turned to walk away when the dryer door opened-she figured she had not closed it all the way and took her foot and kicked it shut-she turned again to walk away and the door opened again. This caused the hair on my sister's neck to stand a little and as she moved toward the dryer to close the door ONCE AGAIN - the door slammed shut on its own and my sister heard the laughter of a little child.

Well, needless to say this scared the crap out of my sister - she dropped the clothes in her hand and ran and jumped on the couch -curled up -she did not move from the couch until her husband got home from work - of course, Jorge thought she had flipped her mind and helped her get the clothes up and nothing happened for several weeks. Since nothing had happened Kelly put the incident behind her and went on with her everyday routines.

Cleaning house one day-Kelly went to go to the garage that is attached to the house and the door would not open - no matter how hard she tried the door would not open - the knob would turn but the door would not budge -thinking that the door may have swelled and was stuck - she thought nothing of it - but she did notice that there was a very cold spot right in front of the garage door - which was weird due to the fact that it was nearly 90 degrees outside - a very hot day - and the A.C. Vent was on the other side of the room.

When Jorge came home for lunch - she told him that the door was stuck and would he fix it. Jorge went over and opened the door with ease - Kelly's eyes widen in surprise and Jorge once again looked at his wife as if she were crazy. Now, for the really weird part is that as soon as Jorge left - Kelly went back to the door to open it and it WOULD NOT OPEN! This time Kelly heard a deep laugh.

As the months dragged on things kept happening - the dryer game... The door game...pens, hairbrushes, keys, glasses, etc., missing then turning up in ridiculous places game.

Then while Kelly was cooking dinner one evening - her oldest daughter came into the kitchen - "Yes Mam?" Ariel replied - Kelly looked at her daughter confused - Ariel said "Mama you called me" -"No, I didn't" replied Kelly. "Yes, you did - I was in my room and I heard you call me" -Ariel insisted. Kelly once again assured her daughter that she had not called her.

About that time her young son came into the kitchen "Yes,mam?" -Kelly looked at her son "I guess you heard me call you too, right?" Diego shook his head yes. Kelly told her children that she did not call them and for them to go play and that she would call them later when dinner was done. However, this would not be the last time she would have to convince her children that she did not call them.

About 5 minutes later the kids came back into the kitchen laughing and telling Kelly to stop calling them and once again she had to tell them that she was not calling them. This went on a couple of more times, and when Kelly was ready for her children to come eat she had to physically go get them.

Then Kelly started to see shadows (even though the events scared Kelly at first -I need to remind my readers that my sister does have a sixth-sense about her and this is not her first time having experiences.) Kelly has determined that there are two ghost in her house: a man who appears to be middle aged and a little girl who seems to be about 4 or 5 years of age. She has gotten used to their presence - but every now and then they do love to get a little attention.

Kelly came in one day in a rush and had to go to the bathroom. As she was sitting on the throne, Kelly heard that familar little girl laugh and being the only one in the house, Kelly knew that her "Little" ghost had come to visit.

So here is Kelly sitting there - ummmm -taking care of business, when all the drawers and cabinets in the bathroom open. This made Kelly hurry "the job" and she stood up and told the little ghost that she did not find that real amusing in fact it kind of freaked her out and would she cut it out. Kelly heard the laugh again. When Kelly was telling me this she also said that it got real quiet and she felt that she was alone. Kelly closed the drawers and cabinets and left.

There have been several people witness the girl ghost (she has been seen going into the kids room and she has been heard playing with the toys in their rooms), but few have seen or heard the male. Kelly does not know if the two are related but she feels the male is looking after the little one.

I myself have seen, or should I say caught a glimpse of, the "little" one. I was sitting on my sister's couch one afternoon watching T.V. Out of the corner of my eye I see a figure go into Diego's room. The kids were not home, it was just me and Kelly there. I told Kelly I just saw a shadow. She asked me was it short or tall? I said short - Kelly just shrugged and said, "that's the little girl, she just wants to play in Diego's room."

Other hauntings by applerose

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, applerose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-01)
[at] Cosmo - Thank you and YES - I think I would be a little freaked out - while saying "What the CRAP!" I have has things happen to me - that would give other chills down their spine - but in that moment - you're like "HUH?!?!?!". Hopefully will have a story out soon - I see things slowing down for me here in the next few weeks - then maybe - just maybe - I'll be on here as a regular. ๐Ÿ˜
[at] General - Thought about that - and this is my sister this is happening to - and she has a little girl voice - so I think that the girl ghost could sound enough like Kelly to make her kids think it is her - however, there could be a third ghost yet discovered - but I think if there was - it/she would have been heard from by now.
To all readers: I wanted to add - that my son stayed with his aunt for about 6 months last year - and he confirmed that there were things going on in the house - he told me that one evening as he was falling to sleep he could feel a presence above him - thinking it was his aunt - he just kept his eyes closed - then (what he thought was his aunt) his head was rubbed - he said when he turned his head and opened his eyes - no one was there. - It really freaked him out - but he said at the same time he felt real relaxed - and just drifted off to sleep. - He said he often felt a presence near him - and when he would look to see who was there - there would be noone. I have had this similar thing happen to me - and it will spook you.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
Hi applerose, so glad to see you back. ๐Ÿ˜ Thanks for posting another great story. Having the dryer door slam shut while you are about to shut it would make me jump and run too. The little girl spirit seems to like being mishchiveous at times, and they both are pretty up front about their presence. I think your sister is handling it very well, and hopefully one day she will find out who they are. ๐Ÿ˜Š
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
I'm sort of curious: When your kids hear their names called, and think it's YOU - do they say it's a woman's voice calling them?
Is it possible there's a third ghost - the "mom" of the group? I find it hard to believe a little girl could sound "mom"-ish enough to fool your own kids, and a man's voice is quite different.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2011-10-29)
applerose - bless your heart ๐Ÿ˜Š and yes, I wondered where you'd gone but I figured things must be pretty busy for you and you'd get around to a story when you had the chance.

Me? Crap, I can't seem to leave my ghosts alone LOL. When they're quiet, I want to know why ๐Ÿ˜†. Nudge, nudge, nudge! If nothing else, tell her she has to do it for you LOL

Always waiting for your next one, Miracles โค
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
[at] Devious - I too would like to know why they are there - I have asked my sis (several times) if she has gotten any history on the house or the surrounding land - but she does not seem to want to know - I guess she thinks she needs to leave well-enough alone.
MY FRIEND MIRACLES: I bet you thought I fell off the edge of the earth ๐Ÿ˜† but I tell you, I'm busier then a one-armed paperhanger with a case of the hives.
๐Ÿ˜†
I'm glad that she (my sis) and I can talk - we often share our experiences with one another - as a matter of fact - she has helped me on several occasions to remember things that happen in our past. I will tell her about you suggesting the DVR - but she really seems to have little interest in pursuing info on them - I on the other hand am very very curious ๐Ÿ˜†. I may need to nudge her abit huh? LOL

Well, my friend - not going to make any promises on the time frame of my next story - but I will tell you I do have several on the burner and will get them out ASAP.
Applerose
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
applerose - so happy to see another story from you, even if it is your sister's story LOL.

Funny thing about this story... Reminds me of my house. I have a man and a little girl too. My daughter wants nothing to do with either of them, but my little boy...welllll, that's a whole different story ๐Ÿ˜†. Literally.

Has your sister ever tried communicating with them, as in setting out a DVR or anything? Just to see if the man would talk to her and maybe let her know if he and the little girl belong together? So far it hasn't worked for me, but I keep trying ๐Ÿ˜‰. I've gotten conversations and names, but not enough to let me know if they are daddy and daughter.

And the "Mom, you called for me" yep, been there a million times it seems ๐Ÿ˜Š.

I think it's really cool that you and your sister are able to share this. Lots of us don't have "immediate" family members to talk to, let alone experience and appreciate these things with. Actually, to be truthful, I'm somewhat envious sometimes. My brother just asked me yesterday if I can hear myself when I told him of one of my experiences. What can I say? Not everyone understands us LOL.

Will patiently wait on more stories.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
I agree, what is it with ghosts going after us in the bathrooms?! That is SO not cool. I am glad though, that it seems like your sister has mostly come to terms with what is going on around her house. I agree about laying down the ground rules, just as you would with the living. I wonder why those two spirits are there?
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
LOL - I really don't know what's up with the bathroom visits - and I will relay to my sister - to lay down the law - however, I don't think there has been another incident since the last "Bathroon Visit".
[at] Student - the visits vary - some happen every few days then sometimes it will be months before the next encounter.
[at] Taz The kids seem not to mind - the ghost have played in Ariel's room also - but she (ariel) has voiced her dissaproval in that - so it does not happen much - but Diego - does not seem to have a problem - he just goes with it. This has been going on for several years - and even though it sometimes makes the hair stand - my sisters family have gotten use to all the visits โค
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
great post applerose very interesting, thanks for sharing.
Its nice to hear your sister has come to accept the spirits and is happy to have them there, most people would be like get them out now! But like you say they are not doing any harm just playing with her now and then (stuck door and dryer) have to agree with stephyw2001 though your sister should "lay down the law" concerning the bathroom, that's one place that should stay out of bounds when other people are in there.
How do the kids react to the spirits? Does deigo mind the little girl playing in his room?
Carl
sassivertu (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
This story is very interesting... Your sister is a brave woman... Spirits always bothering me and only once I saw spirit in human form... Very creepy I must say!
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Steph,

I think that it may have something to do with people felling more vulnerable in the bathroom. Maybe because of this they are more aware of their surroundings?

IDK

MM
StudentDO (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
What is the frequency of these encounters? I'm just trying to gauge the level of activity that I experienced in my old house.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Whats with these stories about ghosts scaring people while in the bathroom? Common courtesy ghosts! JEEZ. But at least Kelly didn't have to worry about messing her pants. I would not appreciate a ghost bothering me in the bathroom. Bathroom time is private time. That little kid ghosts needs to be told some boundaries and manners. ๐Ÿ˜œ

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: