You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Sister's Gift

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister's Gift

 

It's been over five years since my last submitted story and for that I do apologize. That span of time, however, has gain me a few experiences that I must write about... Hope you enjoy.

Those of you that have read my stories know about my sister, Kelly. In the last few years it has come to our family's attention that Kelly has a "Gift". She can communicate with those in the spirit world. Come to find out, when she and I saw the ghost in "Hospital Ghost" and she ran from the bathroom... (leaving me to...ummmm... "finish my business",) that she'd been seeing apparitions for a while but was a little worried that people would think her crazy.

Kelly started sharing with me in an uncomfortable way...

ie: "Cheryl, there is a ghost standing beside you." "Cheryl, you have a few visitors in your house" "Cheryl, a ghost just followed you in the door."...you get the picture.

Anyway, I started questioning Kelly on her experiences. I already knew that daddy had visited her the night he died and the day she caught her daughter talking to our deceased grandfather and father and all the other little here and there's. But then some of her stories started getting a little too far-fetched for me and I decided to "test" her.

Prior to this, she and her husband went to Mexico. While there, they went and visited a "Medicine Man" of sorts (there is another name they go by, but I cannot think as to what it is at this moment). During the visit, Kelly takes notice of some black as well as white blob looking shapes surrounding the man. The man realizes that Kelly is seeing the forms and he tells her that she has "The Gift "and that just being in his presence, a door has been opened... That the "spirits" now know that Kelly is able to communicate.

When Kelly and Jorge returned to the states... That was when the "party" began... Kelly was seeing apparitions everywhere... She would be having conversation with a group of people with extra auras in the group, meaning there was an unwanted visitor or two. Kelly would have to focus her attention to her friends (no matter what was going on around them) as to not freak them out. One time an apparition crossed in front of her car while she was driving home one evening only to disappear once it reached the other side of the road.

Anyway, back to the test:

I had a friend who lost her daughter in an accidental shooting a few years back. I also knew where the tragedy took place... So I told Kelly that I wanted to test her skills.

I decided that I would take Kelly by the said house to see if she could "pick" up anything.

The Test Rules:

*You must be able to tell me which house the event happen*

*You must be able to tell me what exactly happen in the house*

* You must be able to tell me about the person involved*

Kelly agreed to the test and the test rules... And so it began...

We drove toward the neighborhood... The house was like the third house down and we went right past it... (I'm a little disappointed - I really wanted her "Gift" to be real).

We got to the end of the road and Kelly turns toward me..."We've passed the house." Kelly proceeds to turn the car around and drives slowly up the hill. As we near the house, I hear Kelly gasp and she leans over..."My stomach is hurting" by this time we are in front of the house and Kelly stops the car and she starts to cry (like a moaning cry - she's sobbing pretty good here) ... "This is the house" (blowing my mind here) I just looked at her as she continues... "Someone was shot here... In the stomach... A girl...boyfriend?... Oh. Ok... Her boyfriend shot her by accident...she's lost...she's scared... Blond hair...angry? There's another spirit... And angry spirit... Military... Old war...mean...it's mean to her... She hides from him... She is scared..."

Then all the sudden it was like she snapped out of a trance. "OH! WE GOT TO GET OUT OF HERE! He is angry... He wants us to LEAVE,... N O W!

Talk about freaking out... We hightailed it out of there.

Kelly later explained to me that whenever she comes into contact with a spirit she starts to cry and she can feel their pain... For example... If the person dies of a head injury - Kelly will get a splitting headache or say the person dies of a heart attack - Kelly will hurt in her chest and her chest will get tight and she cannot breath - the symptoms only last for a few minutes - but it let\'s Kelly know what the spirit died from. I asked her one time. "What if the person died from Cancer?" - She told me the pain occurs in the location of the Cancer - and that there is a difference in the pain between a stabbing or a shooting or a fall - she told me that the pain can start dull then become sharp - and vice-versa. - She also told me that she can feel the difference in the fear of the spirits - which let\'s her know the intense of injury.

Needless to say... She made me a believer in her Gift.

I have been with Kelly on several occasions when she has had an "experience, visit, reading... Or whatever you want to call it". So I have quite a few stories to share... But you will all have to wait.

So until next time...

Enjoy...Applerose

Other hauntings by applerose

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, applerose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-08)
Oops typo, that sentence will be " The fan was turned off and unplugged at least 5-6 hours ago "
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-08)
Hello Applerose,

Thanks for sharing your experience. When I first read this story, I knew I had to read the others as well. I really enjoyed reading all of them. My fav stories are Rock A-Bye Baby, Goodbye Daddy (both are tearjerkers) and The Black Oak Drive Ghost series. Your dialogue " Things that make you go hmmmmm " always cracks me up in the most serious situations 😆 In fact, just a month ago, I had that type of situation. I was reading some book when I noticed the fan turn on itself for a few minutes then turn itself off. The fan was turned off and unplugged at least 5-6 hers ago. Things that make you go hmmmmm 😆 Anyway I'm glad that Kelly's shielding herself now
😊

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-08)
applerose,

When my son was younger I told him I was psychic. He was like "yeah right". So I told him to think of a number between 1 & 9 and stick with it. I concentrated and told him it was either 9 or 6 and I couldn't tell because it felt like it was flip flopping. His face turned pale and he said he couldn't choose between the two numbers, then ran out of the house scared. 😆

He grew up to be an empath and told me he could feel peoples mood/pain. He said he tested it on his sister and said the pain in her elbow was intense. She needed surgery on the elbow a few months later.

Regards
Red
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2016-12-07)
applerose - yeah, those feelings kind of suck sometimes too 😢

For Kelly's sake I hope she doesn't ever feel the physical pain from someone living. One experience I had was so bad it made my literally feel like I was going to puke. So I am glad Kelly doesn't get that part.
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-07)
Thank you all for the great review. I enjoy writing about my experiences... I just submitted one yesterday, so be on the lookout.
Miracles: I spoke to Kelly and no she can not feel the pain but she does sense when someone does not feel good or if something is wrong... Just the other day she had called a friend because she had a strong sense that something was wrong... Her friends dog was just hit by a car and killed about a 1/2 hour beforehand.
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-06)
Definitely going onto my favourites list...
Gifted people never cease to amaze me. I like testing my uncle as well, have always thought he pulls a fast one on us at times, but had an experience with him 4 days ago in fact that has removed any doubt I had that he's the real deal:

Sat was my brother's initiation ceremony which obviously involved a lot of drinking. The spirit world seems to be louder and more active when my uncle's been drinking. So we're sitting in my bedroom, two aunts, my uncle, boyfriend and his friend when my uncle starts going off to himself. He wasn't speaking but kept on moving his head around as if listening intensely. My aunts and I noticed this and I jokingly whispered to them; "aah, there we go, the ancestors are here." To which we all laughed cause he seriously does look loony when he does that.

Later that evening he pulled me aside and said they (ancestors) told him about what I said to my aunts and that I did well in telling them.

Needless to say I was a bit embarrassed because it wasn't something he was meant to know, but he didn't seem angry thank goodness.

...so no more testing for me or making fun of him for that matter.

I, however, look forward to hearing about your sister's adventures with the spirit world.

Thanks for sharing (as I go to read your other posts)

Blessings
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-06)
Wow! Applerose! I favorited your name and will be watching for more of your experiences to come!

Thank you for sharing... 😁
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-06)
This was a good read Applerose and it's great to have you back! I've read all of your accounts and look forward to reading more. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2016-12-05)
Let me know what you find out when you talk to Kelly. I'll be looking forward to your next one 😊
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-05)
Miracles...
It is so good to be back... I have missed ya'll.
When Kelly first came back from Mexico... She was so overwhelmed... She stayed sick for most days and she also got very mean, at one time she hurt my feelings to the core that I thought I would never speak to her again... Looking back on it I think she must had had an evil spirit on her. She is now been shielding herself for most of the year and let me tell you it is great to have my old sister back. And as far as I know, Kelly cannot feel pain from the living... She has not indicated if she can, I will ask the next time we speak.
Working on my next story.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-05)
Applerose - well worth waiting those long 5 years for ❤ Yes, Kelly has a gift but she's going to have to learn how to shield herself. Unless she is inviting the spirits to show her how they died, if she doesn't shield herself, she can be overwhelmed when caught off guard.

When I first started shielding myself, I felt guilty because I was shutting out spirit communication. After awhile, and talking to many people about it, I realized it's more of self-preservation than being rude.

Imagine standing in a mall where everyone was dead except your sister and her being bombarded by the death symptoms of the spirits there. It's not a good feeling; not that I've been in that exact situation LOL But even two or three at a time can take its toll on her.

Just an off-topic question, can your sister feel pain from a living person?

Welcome back, you were missed ❤
Argette (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-04)
I've seen this sort of thing in action, so I find your account highly believable. In this case, which I mentioned in passing in another comment section, the gifted person felt chest pain before warning me, via my late father, that "something" was coming. About six weeks later my young husband had a heart attack.

Not the same as your story, but an example of gifted, sensitive people feeling the pain of others.

Thank you for posting, Applerose, and good to have you back.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: