You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Seward Alaska Nuisance

Real Ghost Stories

My Seward Alaska Nuisance

 

I transferred from my 3 bedroom duplex in Valdez, Alaska to a 3 bedroom apartment in Seward Alaska, October 2010.

Unbeknownst to me I was moving into a place that something was already living in. He was a nuisance.

I have hard wood floors and doors that are LOUD when opened and shut. In the middle of the night I would hear him go from one room to another; He would wear heavy boots to make it sound that much more intense. It almost became a ritual for me to wake up after these noises, just to make sure my front door was locked and that there was no one in my house scanning each room finding nothing amiss. When doing so I would sometimes smell his masculine scent drifting through the hallway.

It almost became a daily thing for him to hide something of mine and return it minutes later. Like my hair sticks I use for my hair bun. I would go exactly where I put it the night before and it would be gone. I would look for it furiously, walking around with my hand on my head I would finally ask my kid, "hey do you know where my hair stick is?" and majority of the time she would go back to where I looked first thing and she would find it.

At home by myself I would get negative feelings like someone was watching me but I wouldn't see anything. I would get used to it and shrug it off.

I was okay with it until he started messing with my food. I would be cooking lunch or dinner and once I was done heating up something I would turn the stove off and make sure there were no more red light stating that the stove was on and go do something else. Then about a couple of minutes later it would smell like something was burning. I would run to the stove and sure enough my meal would be toast.

After that I had my mother come over and bless the place for me.

She would usually get about a teaspoon of olive oil and bless it:

"Lord bless this oil and make it pure and holy unto you."

Then she would bless me and my daughter and put an oil cross on our foreheads and lay her hands on each of our heads and say:

"Lord bless my daughters and keep them pure and holy unto you. Write the truth on the tablets of their hearts. Shut all the negative doors in their lives. On their head place the helmet of salvation, gird their loins with truth, shod their feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace, on their chest place the breast plate of righteousness, in one hand place the shield of faith quenching all the fiery darts of evil, and in the other hand place the sword which is the word of God."

Then we would leave and my mother would pray over our apartment; my mom does better on blessing a place when there's no one there so she could be as loud as she wants without frightening us.

She would first open all the doors to the apartment and all the windows. Then she would take the oil and start at one end of the place to the other and put a small oil cross on it and say, "In the name of Jesus you are no longer able to use this as an entry way or exit. GET OUT OF THIS ROOM!" and she would use her whole body and "shoo" the invisible out with her arms and hands. She would do it throughout the whole room including the closets and any place she thought the evil would hide. Leaving that room she would bless the door and say the same thing, "You are no longer able to use this door as an entry way or exit in the name of Jesus!" Then she would go to the next room and do the same thing. And finally when all the rooms are done she would go to the main entry way and bless the last door.

When I went home it looked a lot brighter everywhere. I wouldn't get the weird feeling that someone was always looking at me, my food no longer gets burnt and I don't wake up in the middle of the night from someone walking in my hallways and opening and closing the doors. I'm not scared anymore if I accidentally leave my front door unlocked during the night.

Thanks for reading my story and I hope this helps!

Other hauntings by quixoticqt

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, quixoticqt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
SO! I was right. I got to talking to my neighbor from upstairs and she said that when she lived downstairs in a couple of doors away from mine, she heard a man with the boots that sounded exactly like the boots I heard. My neighbor did some talking to some of the older people that lived in Seward all their life and they said that near our apartments there used to be a mental institution a long time ago. She even looked around town and found some sort of exsistance that there was actually a mental institution.
<3 qt
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
So a couple of weeks ago I was talkin to my neighbor. She has weird things happening in her home. She told me that she went to go check on son and tell him to comb his hair and he answered, "yeah mom, I started combing my hair when you came to check on me already..." and she didn't want to tell him that it wasn't her. She also would hear stuff like cups in the kitchen fall when no ones in there in the middle of the night so she would go check it out and just find the cup on the floor freak out and go to her back room. Her floor plan is pretty much fliped compaired to mine and a couple doors down.
❤ Qt
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-19)
I think my laptop is haunted or something because I can't vote anyone up or down. I will see what happens on my work computer when I get to work on Monday. But anyway, I was going to say all cleanses that actually work at worth it.
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
[at] granny
Yeah, I was fine with feeling it watching me and what not and gettin up making sure I nobody was in the place. After the cleansing I had to adjust to not having to wake up in the middle of the night *laugh* it was so weird.
I've now stayed in the same place over a year now and it still hasn't come back. *laugh* I wonder if it went haunting someone else's apartment.
[at] geetha
If it was to come back I don't think I would be scared of it. Just back to being awkward and pissed off once it got back to burning my meals.
I love going on a cleansings! I went on a hulda clark body cleans once. It was great! I miss only having to sleep 4 hours a night and eating a spinach salad and having the feeling of euphoria right after. Darn cleanses cost so much though and worth every penny.
❤ Qt
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
granny, you are going to scare the poor author! 😆 We hope that the ghosties won't come back!

Quixoticqt, glad that your mother could help get rid of the ghost. Also, I suggest to do a regular cleansing, just to keep the house clean. That's funny about your nightly bathroom trips! But I faced the same problem and my nutritionist said that when people wake up in the middle of the night (usually between 1 and 3 am) their livers are not clean. She gave me the cleanse to do and it worked. When I say cleanse, I don't mean that you have to fast but you have to follow the instructions while you eat. It was a little hard to follow but in the end it worked. If you want to try it then I could email it to you.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
quixoticqt: Wow, I think I'd be pissed if my food was getting messed with too!...One of our posters here suggested that even though a spirit may not be demonic or negative, after a blessing or cleansing they'll leave because they understand they're not welcome... On the other hand, there are posters whose ghosties go on "vacation" after any ritual, and eventually begin their shenanigans again! 😆...

Thank you for posting your family's method, as I'm sure it will help quite a few folks!
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Thanks for commenting.
Nope. It's never come back.
The only reason why I'm waking up in the middle of the night now days is because I gotta go pee *laugh*.

❤ Qt
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Something to be said for the old tried and true- as opposed to overly elaborate rituals. If it comes back I recommend some Cold Iron.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: