You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Home Alone Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Home Alone Experience

 

My family can see Ghosts and Spirits and I always hoped that I could see a Ghost or Spirit. Before my encounter I believed in Paranormal Activity but my own experience was freaky. This experience happened on 25th February 2012 at 9pm.

I was home alone sitting in my room reading, when suddenly a cold chill went down my spine. I thought 'oh well, the heater may of just turned off', but what made me confused was that the chills kept coming and going. After about 10 minutes, I was all relaxed again, there were footsteps coming up the stairs. I knew they were footsteps because the stairs always squeak when somebody steps on a certain step. It could of not been my dog or cats because my cats always mioaw when they come upstairs and my dog was in my bedroom with me. I decided to open the door and see if someone was still walking up the stairs. I opened my door and looked down the stairs but no one was there. My immediate reaction was " My imagination is playing tricks on me". I went downstairs to get a drink and some food.

All was fine until I walked up the stairs. When I was walking up the stairs (it was dark by the way) I saw a figure of a man looking down at me from the top of the stairs. I thought it was a intruder who got into my house through my window. I threw my glass at this figure, but the drink went straight through the man. As I was staring at the figure, it faded away. I was so scared I ran into my room (with my dog, since she follows me all the time) and shut the door. I didn't come out until my parents where back. I never go upstairs in the dark now because I'm afraid I will see that figure again.

Other hauntings by MissEmoVampire

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissEmoVampire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SamiTheUnicorn (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
That's creepy. He may just be lonely, so he's seeking out to you. Just a thought. 😊
MissEmoVampire (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
I did some research on the house and I found out a man named Patrick (will not say surname as may affect someone) used to live here and he died on this property. I believe the spirit I have seen is Patrick and I have seen him a lot lately. He has not spoken yet but I hope for him to. I will not be able to reply back for a while as I will be going on holiday for 2 weeks tommorow but do please type any comments and I will reply back asap. I'm waiting to be able to write a new experience I have had. I keep seeing spirits now and I don't know whether I have the ability or it is just my imagination. Any advice?

Yours respectfully,

MEV x
MissEmoVampire (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
Thank you everyone especially Rook for the generous information and help. I really appreciate it. I will take in your advice and speak to my parents.

Mev x 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
MissEmoVampire,
I also agree that you should open up to your parents about it. No reason to lose any more sleep over it if they can help you learn to cope with the fear. Rook has given you some very wise advice. As have so many others. But don't hesitate to say if there is anything you still want help with.
The fear is, as always, the biggest hurdle. Try to keep in mind that this apparition has done nothing threatening or malicious. He may not even have noticed you at all. So much of what we equate the paranormal to are fictional movies made by people who are only out to make money, and books written specifically to terrify us, that it makes it difficult to separate fact from fiction. Especially these days. The things you see portrayed in those films are so far from reality that they almost make reality seem like a huge let down. And I'm sure you've run across "stories" on this site that you know are complete fantasy. It's up to the reader, many times, to determine what is true or false. At those times you can now say that you have experienced the real thing, and it wasn't anything like those accounts. It really isn't the roller coaster into hell that others have fictionalized it to be. I can't deny there are those who really have had[ some terrifying encounters, but those are the rarity, not the norm.
Sorry for going on so long. And thank you for sharing.

Jav ❤
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
I don't think speaking to your parents would bring the ghost or spirit back. If that were to be true, even sharing with us could bring it back. But don't be scared. Yes, seeing or viewing a spirit or ghost by itself is a scary experience, however brave you are and that too when you are alone. Speak to them and find ways to stop it should it manifest itself again. If your family is blessed with the gift of feeling or experiencing spirits, then it should help you to get rid of negative energies for yourself and if possible, to help others from such entities.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
MissEmoVampire,

Fear is a curious thing. When it comes to the unseen/unknown it is to be expected... It helps keep us on our toes and 'ready' for 'action'. It's how we react to it that sets us apart from other living brings. We have the 'will power' to make a choice on how we react to it.

We can 'run and hide' every time we experience something, which keeps us safe but can lead to isolation. We can 'control it' to the point that we run head long into bad situations and get hurt (not a good thing). We can also allow ourselves to react... Get to a 'safe' vantage point then turn to observe and study what has scared us. By doing so we may learn that it's nothing to be truly afraid of and by doing this we have 'grown' as an individual.

If 'seeing spirits' does run in the Family then your Parents may just have information on how to 'deal' with this (gift) ability. Sharing this experience with them should not cause the 'spirit' to be any more active than normal, unless you are 'obsessing' over it. In which case it may use the energy you are focusing on it to manifest. Though from your description this spirit sounds benign and is not there to harm you. You never know, by speaking to your parents about this you may learn not only how to 'help yourself' and others... You may even learn how to bring peace to those who have passed on but not 'crossed over'.

Thank you for sharing this with us and please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
MissEmoVampire (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
Heya Guys,
Sorry if I have confused anyone. I thought that seeing a ghost or spirit would be exciting but when the event happened it was scary. I hope you understand that. Thank you for the information.

Rook- I never have spoken to my parent's about the experience because I'm always afraid that if I do the spirit will come back.

Darkness- I have had many other experiences which I wish to share to all the people out in the world.

I have wrote another experience which I hope you guys read when it is able to to published onto the site.

Mev x
SteelBloodHound (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
Try to find out the history of your house and/or parents or can see ghosts and spirits! Or better yet, try to contact it (I don't suggest it, but try it anyways).
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
Stories like this make me wonder if some people diagnosed with schizophrenia are actually just seeing ghosts and perhaps are just as sane as the rest of us. That would have freaked me out, too, but I'm happy that it was not an intruder and you are okay.
I can understand having the desire to see something you don't want to see again (if that makes any sense). Reminds me of a few exe's I've gotten back together with mistakenly, lol.

Thanks for sharing that. Listen to rook's and others advice in coping with that "gift". One of his/her tips helped me at one point in time.

~S
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
I have to say I agree with DARKNESS and rookdygin; more information is needed. And I do feel your point of view regarding the situation a bit contradicting xD
Hope to hear more from you.

-dani 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
MissEmoVampire,

I do not mean to sound 'harsh' with the first part of my comment, but it is what it is...

It seems you have your families 'Gift' for seeing Spirits. What strikes me as interesting is that you stated this...

"My family can see Ghosts and Spirits and I always hoped that I could see a Ghost or Spirit."

Now that you have seen a spirit you say this...

"I never go upstairs in the dark now because I'm afraid I will see that figure again."

Have you talked to your parents about the apparition that you saw? Do they know you have seen one, in your own home? If so did they offer any advice and or comfort to you. Have they taught you how to shield yourself so you are not 'open' to these things unless you wish to be?

Thank you for sharing and please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
Have you experienced anything else since then? What about the rest of your family, what are some of there experiences within the home?

A bit more information of the man you saw is needed, how was he dressed, was he a full manifestation? Home and land history etc! This will give you a better idea as to what or who it was you witnessed. Look forward to hearing from you.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: