You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Disembodied Voice At The Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

Disembodied Voice At The Cemetery

 

I will never forget the experience that I had one day at a cemetery. It still confuses me and I just can't explain it. My mother, sister and I were on our way to a funeral at a beautiful cemetery by the ocean. The funeral was for my beloved uncle Joe who passed away from cancer. It was a calm sunny afternoon and I still remember it so vividly. We were in a car driving to the funeral. My mom was driving and I was sitting in the passenger seat while my sister, who was a infant at the time, was sitting in a car seat in the back. We were just chatting and talking while driving there and the strangest thing occurred.

My mother and I were having a conversation and I can't remember what it was about. She was talking to me as we were driving and as soon as we crossed the threshold into the cemetery, I couldn't hear her anymore. I couldn't hear anything at all and I was really confused and caught off guard by it. The cemetery had large tall cement or brick walls and a huge iron gate at the entrance. And as soon as we drove in, I couldn't hear anything except for the blood rushing in my ears. It was just like being underwater. I looked at my mom and I saw her mouth moving, but I couldn't hear her at all.

I just sat there and was confused when all of a sudden I heard whispering in my ear. It sounded like a male's voice with a French type of accent. He kept whispering a name into my ear over and over and over. I don't remember the name but it sounded like an uncommon French name that was not from our time period. Like an old fashioned-type of name. The disembodied voice just kept repeating the name and then just suddenly stopped. When it stopped I could hear everything around me again. My mom was still talking and didn't notice anything. That was so weird.

I wonder if it meant something or if the spirit was trying to tell me something more, but I don't think I will ever really know. I just wanted to share this experience and will share more of them in the future.

Other hauntings by k416jp

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, k416jp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
If it is a name I think mrfear is right, I would match the name to the tomb stone!
k416jp (4 stories) (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-28)
I think that your right Javelina. I just assumed that it was a name because he wasn't saying sentances. It kind of sounded something similar to Jacques, but it wasn't that. I don't know french...
chibitaliaftw (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
I think this is probably a spirit still trapped in the cemetary. It probably wants attention. 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
Not that it matters now, simply for the fact that you cannot recall what was said, but how can you be certain it was a name? If you don't understand the language it could easily have been some other word or phrase that you heard.
Was this the only time you experienced this phenomenon? I am curious, do you ever hear things that others around you do not?
What part of California was this?

Jav 😊
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
Hi thankyou for your story, very interesting and weird story but in this world strange things happen that no one can understand.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
[at]vikstal,
I don't think blood pleasure will be raised of others when they enter cemetry in day that to with family members.
Many people visit daily to their near & dear graves.
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
can't help you but it's an interesting story.
Maybe you just got anxiety when entering the cemetery and your blood pressure went right up and it seemed like whispering.
Qua (39 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
Definitely a spirit! Must have been following you all these while.
k416jp (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
I remember the details of that day very clearly, but he was whispering it over and over and I unfortunately don't remember the exact name. I was born in California and am half Japanese and half Persian. I don't have any French connections at all. I believe that it has something to do with the history of the land. I need to read more about the history of it, but I think the British, French and Native American Indians have history in that area. It's so weird. Thank you for your input on this.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
k416jp-you are saying that, you can only hear him (FRENCH MEN). He said some old fashioned french name, but why didn't you mention that name here?

I say match his name with the graves in that cemetry and find out.

GOOD LUCK.
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
Wow!That is seriously weird! Do you have any connection to anything French? Any history of that in your family? I would think he was trying to get your attention but why? I don't know why he would want you to know that name...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: