You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Shadow Thing

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Thing

 

The experiences I've been having accually started recently. For the past few weeks I've been taking walks at twilight. Through out these walks, I've felt like I am being observed. It's unsettling, to say the least. Anyway, I often see something move in the corners of my eyes and it seems like shadows will move, but when I look at them head on, they stop. Not much, but it makes me uneasy.

That's not all though. When I'm in my room, I'll look up and in my mirror, I'll see a dark, masculine figure (seeming to wear a trench coat and hat) leaning against a wall, watching me through the mirror. Then I'll look in the part of my room, and nothing will be there. Or, I'll be reading or listening to music (in my room) and I'll notice my closet door is open, when I swore I closed it. Then, I walk out for probably 2 minutes, come back in, and it's just slightly cracked open.

More recently, I've been having scary nightmares. One I remember vividly, is a dear friend of mine being torn apart by a crazed bull. The bull is 3 times the size of a regular bull, and it's completely black with red, glowing eyes. Suffice to say, I woke up crying. The only reason this really strikes me as weird is because the last dream I remember was probably 4 or 5 years ago (I don't remember my dreams very often).

The last incident didn't happen to me, but my sister and her friend. Last weekend, they had a sleep over here. They woke up to loud thumps and looked at the foot of the bed. They saw a shadow-like figure rush past the bed a disappear into thin air. They said the figure was bent over like a 'c' (probably reaching 4 feet) and you could see the spine stand out. They also said it didn't appear to have legs and was nearly translucent. They saw the SAME thing. They each took turns describing it to me and they described the same thing... And I had asked them seperatly.

Please don't break out the straitjacket! I'm just confused and kind of scared. Any input would be wonderful.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GiGiUnderTheNight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

GiGiUnderTheNight (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-03)
I just want to say thank you all for taking me seriously. I've taken action and preformed cleansing acts on my home. It's improved greatly. I feel much more at peace and I feel like the only presence in my home are positive spirits.

Again, thank you for all of your input.
Minimel76 (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
I have had a shadow spirit since I was a child when I was a child it was small child like it was blacker than night and would run up and down the hallway giggling everytime we moved it followed as I grew it grew still to this day it lurks my hallways and doorways others have also seen this human like figure it doesn't seem to have eyes but I know one thing when there is negitive energies in my uome it grows dramatically and can take up an entire room I have aborginal ansestors as my mothers grandfather was part aboriginal but denounced his aboriginality so he could work fencing its still unclear to me why this spirit has grown up with me yea I am gifted in a few ways but I still to this day don't understand who or what this sprirt is and why its here I have not heard it speak only giggle when I was a child but its certinaly visable anyone have any ideas on this particular shadow person?
Is it evil or good?
Or is it an ancient aboriginal trickster? Any tnoughts on this would be greatly appreciated
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-02)
[at] Zeta

I have my moments.

Other times, I'm the one crashing into walls by accident or causing things to crash off shelves, or saying random things in the vain hope they'll be funny, and only getting bland, expressionless stares in return.

The smarts are a fluctuating thing, for me. 😆
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
[at] Kryodrache:
Thanks for added your two-cents to the end of this discussion. You are a very intelligent and wise person. I like your description of night-time! Interesting concept.

Zeta.
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
The reason why people are naturally afraid of the night is because it is dark. Our senses are dulled, and we carry some old instincts; an urge to protect ourselves against predators. Therefore, 'black' has an association with that fear, and therefore considered 'bad.' Same thing with red; it often resembles blood, something vital and dangerous if you're actually seeing it. That's why many antagonists are dressed in black and red; Because it strikes a (sometimes) subconcious chord in us to think "Oh, this is bad, we should be concerned."

But, to other creatures, it would be exactly the opposite. The night can be just as beautiful, and just as necessary as the daytime. It is for this reason I don't believe black attracts evil. No color or shade of gray really should; colors are just the eyes catching a small spectrum of vibration through an object in rays of light. There are so many rays we can only see as gray... Like 'hidden' colors.

If anything, red and further on up the scale would attract more entities reminiscent to 'evil,' just because the vibrations are so small and violent, that much more energetic. Black is extremely soft, gentle to the eyes, attracts warmth and is the preferred color for wintertime in order to keep the cold away. White can still hold that gentle feeling, and each can be attributed to signs of 'beauty.'

I say this not to combat any cultural ideals or whatnot. I just speak through observation. I look, and watch, and observe my surroundings, and make my own decisions on what I come by, rather than openly believing whatever I'm told. I take logical steps through things, to come to an answer that makes sense... This is just my opinion, here.

Anyway, now that I've added my two-cents-and-a-tangent, I'll bug off.

~Kryodrache
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
"I think a servant of the Enemy would look fairer and feel fouler"

How very Lord of the Rings-esque! I like it. I agree with it.

Everyone here have their own beliefs, opinions, cultures, religions.

Its like the cultures that believe cats are evil creatures where-as the eguptian goddess Bast sent cats as guardians over her followers. Good and evil depending on your culture.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
ibex, Americans may make up a small percentage of the world's population, but if you look up at the top of this page you might notice this story originated in Minnesota. In America. By, most likely, an American. Our culture differs from yours. What works in your culture may not work in ours. We all come from different backgrounds, different belief systems. One is not necessarily more effective than another. In my belief system, for example, the color black protects from evil rather than attracting it. Would I tell someone who believes as you do to wear black? Nope. It would be incredibly disrespectful of your beliefs. Do what works for you, and everyone else can do what works for them.
Please, try to see things from another's perspective before being judgemental.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
ibex,

I think it would be wise to refrain from making generalized statements about the intelligence of the population of ANY country. There is no reason for such rudeness.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
ibex,

The only offensive presence on this site currently, is you. Granny is about as racist as you are educated. Troll away.

Lou
ibex (24 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
blac-a color which is negative and absorbing. But not giving out.
Mostly haunted people like to dress in it. Wear it if it suits you. Why give up something because someone said so.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Rookdygin
I agree completely, and would like to add the saying "All that glitters is not gold"
In a lot of writing, EVIL represents itself as dressed in WHITE and as extremely beautiful. White is not always good and black is not always evil.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
I have not read the O/P's submission yet but based on the comments I've seen I have to say something...

"I see trees of green... Red roses too
I see em bloom... For me and for you
And I think to myself... What a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue... Clouds of white
Bright blessed days... DARK SACRED NIGHTS
And I think to myself... What a wonderful world."

Just because something is 'dark, black or unseen' does not make it 'evil'. I'll quote something else and perhaps make my point quicker than any rambling I may do...

"I think a servant of the Enemy would look fairer and feel fouler."

GiGiUnderTheNight,

I went back a read your experiences... Please try this... And 're-visit' some of these 'events' you may find you can 'debunk' some of them...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
guy123: I understand what you mean, but it may be better when giving advice to add something like, "in my culture", or "in my opinion"...Posters on this site come from all faiths and cultures, and it's always a good idea to try not make such blanket statements like "black attracts evil"...No hard feelings, and I'm not asking that you stop giving advice, because I think you've made some really good posts... I just don't think everyone should go about getting rid of everthing in their lives that happens to be the color of black because they think it may attract evil to them...It's not practical for most of us 😊
guy123 (2 stories) (36 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
Ibex - I agree with our Indian way of resolving problems but for western culture they will not have any idea about it hence I suggested some simple measure. Yes we should have 2 in scent sticks in place of 1.

Zzz granny - Black is the color of the night, and of "evil." Black can also be a color of elegance or class (such as a black-tie only event, and black evening gowns.) Black can also represent a lack of color, the primordial void, emptiness. It can also mean sorrow or mourning, in the Christian tradition of wearing black to funerals.

My suggestions are specific to situations and it dosent mean that we should ignore black as a whole. Once again these are my views to resolve the problems.

Note - I have not seen the author responds to any of our comments
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
I'm not so sure that black attracts evil... I mean, how many funerals would be interupted by "something gross"?...Does everyone with black hair have gross experiences?...What about all the people who wear black work uniforms?...Does it mean their company wants them to bring grossness to work with them?...

C'mon, guys 😊
ibex (24 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
your suggestion s make a lot of sense.
Black color does attract evil. Being the
The color of rahu.
But use two incense stick always as a single stick will symbolize something gross.
From my experience its better still if you place all your problems on your guru.
Regards
guy123 (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
You can create protection for yourself or to your house in 2 ways. First with the help of meditation and this is a longer process. Secondly with the help of others (i.e) priest. I will suggest following simple steps.

1. Firstly if you have any mirrors in your bedroom, please move it to other room or cover the mirror with some cloth or screen.
2. Is all your furniture in black color? If yes, please cover up for some period of time as black is an attraction for spirits
3. Please lit up an incense stick before going to bed in your bedroom. This gives freshness and relaxed feeling
4. Protecting your house - If you have hindu temple near by, you can request for "Holy Threads" with priest and you have to stick that thread on front and rear door of your house. By doing this, you are creating a boundry around you where spirits or evils cannot enter your house
5. Finally, if you happens to see the shadow again during this process, just move towards it with confidence saying that I don't have fear anymore

There are many other advance methods, but nor required at this stage
ibex (24 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
you have a point there guy. Please share your methods of cleansing.
guy123 (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
ibex - I wouldn't suggest mrityunjaya mantra in a first instance as its so powerful and also requires some changes with in that person. I would recommend some simple methods before going to powerful mantra. Once again the concern person should have a belief in other religion to get rid of this spirit.
ibex (24 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
hi guy,
Me being from india too can agree with you. The indian system of cleansing is effective.
The mrityunjaya mantra is amost potent weapon amongst mantras. Hope this lady follows your advice.
She can contact me for the mantra as its a free service to humanity.
Praise the lord.
Ibex
guy123 (2 stories) (36 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
From the above reading I can definetly say that you are witnessing just a spirit any not any demons and evils so that's a better news. I do had similar experience (not the shadow with hat) but can see many movements from my corner of my eyes. I chose to ignore as we cannot get rid of it fully and they live every where. I would suggest you to do some Indian based cleansing method (if you are not too concerned about religion)
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
Andreaa covered a lot of the questions that I had but I also wonder... What makes you take these walks at twilight? Does it feel as if something draws you out? Also, had you told your sister and friend about this before it happened to them? And don't worry... As far as I know, the straighjacket has not been pulled out before on this site. 😊

Zeta.
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
Gigiunderthenight I don't think your crazy! In the beginning of your experience when you described being observed at a distance sounded like a shadow person. But the fact that its making itself known to you disturbs me. He hasnt caused any harm but he does seem like he is out to scare you.
The fact that you saw him in the mirror interests me. Some people believe mirrors are portals to the spirit world.
Also your sister and her friend had an experience and it appears this energy or whatever this is is changing forms.

To you he appeared muscular and in a hat and jacket and to your sister a deformed entity with a deformed spine. Thinking about this I wonder if its two seperate energies but something tells me it is not.
The dream was negative and I have heard multiple hauntings about spirits being able to influence our dreams.

If you are familiar with the "dibbuk box" this object supposedly gave horrible dreams to the owners of this cursed box and involved an entity in the dream that took the form of an old hag that beat them up and they woke up with multiple bruises. Now this energy was not powerful enough to hurt you, but it is trying to intimidate and frighten it seems it to me. Its purpose? Cannot be anything good.

I would suggest taking action before this being grows more powerful. If it is evil, the longer you let it stick around the more it will be harder to get rid of. One suggestion is Rook's famous cleansing method hat I really would suggest you try because it has helped a lot of people and if you don't know it I'm sure he will be more than happy to provide you with it. This is a tough time so stay strong in your faith and don't let this thing frighten you or take away your life. You are already giving it power because you feel like your going crazy!

It may be hard but never let it gain power over you. Fight hard and cleanse your house, it may not work once, it may take multiple times but it will benefit you greatly. I do not know your faith but pray for help and have faith in a higher power and know it is guiding and protecting you.

Be strong in knowing a higher power can protect you and try not to fear this entity because it will only feed off it. There are supposed instances when the being is evil it will retaliate after getting your house blessed IF the priest cannot rid the house of it. And the worst part is you may not know if the priest did banish it because if this is some kind of very evil energy it will not be very happy. I'm sure a cleansing won't make it happy either but oh well your in charge and you need to take YOUR house YOUR territory back! (I recommend the cleansing over the blessing but I'm sure both would not hurt)
If you need assisstance ask your sister to help I'm sure she will be more than happy.

Another suggestion if you feel like you need more assisstance: Search on the internet in your area for paranormal investigators that not only just come for proof, but will provide help as well. Such as bringing in a psychic or indian shaman.
Couple questions:

How long has this been going on? Months? Did it start with just sightings of this figure in the dark of the night on the empty streets?

Did you search the history of the house and the town surrounding you? Maybe something bad happened to attract negative energy.

Im wondering why this thing is stalking you and your family... Did you bring any new objects into your home recently? Antique furniture, anything?

Did you play with an ouija board or hold a seance?
Did you recently renovate?

It may be attached to the house, an object you brought home, the ground you live on, or, YOU. My theory is it is attached to you because the experience started outside the house as a figure taking quite an interest in you and because it has started recently with that. Why it would be interested in you, I do not know. All I do know is you need to get rid of it.

Follow the advice, it will bring you a piece of mind. Please don't delay, you don't want to wait around for this entity to terrify you more or gain more power over you.
Good luck!
-Andrea

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: