You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Devil Or Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

The Devil Or Angel?

 

This is an experience that my mum has told me, so it is not my story. This happened in New Zealand, up north in my small hometown Panguru. My mum told me that she was in a car with 3 of her mates and her cousin driving back from some event at their high school. They drove across the bridge, but then stopped in the middle of it. They then heard something at the top of the car latch on to it, my mum said, "what the f*ck was that!?" and they all got scared.

Then the "thing" started to rock the car side to side. They all started screaming, and panicked, they put their heads down, and my mums friend said, "at least it won't get Lizz, because she will be too heavy for it to pick up" (Lizz, my mums cousin) they kind of laughed but were still scared.

My mum said, "I'm going to go out, to see what it is." they all said no Joan! Don't! And she opened the door got out looked at the roof of the car and she told me, "You couldn't see anything, because it was so dark, but all I could hear was the sound of wings flying up in to the air, womph, womph" she said. I kind of laughed, but she was dead serious.

And this scared the heck out of me. Then I said, "is it like that movie 'Jeepers Creepers' mum!?" she kind of laughed and said "yeah! It was kind of like that creature, man it was freaky though..." and I remember watching this documentary on discovery channel about the owl man and said "could of been the owl man? Or a angel? Or a demon? " and she said "Yeah, well who knows I'm just glad that it didn't fly off with me".

I have had many conversations with my grandma and she has a gift, she talks to spirits but mainly her mum. She told me to stay away from this shed at the back of the high school, and I said "Is that the one with all the graffiti on it and it's in the middle of this small field filled with long grass?" and she said yes. I asked why, and she said because that's where a demon lives.

She said the demon was a chief of a Maori tribe, and something happened to him I can't remember what she said. But yeah, and she told me that he can transform into a dog or something, so disguise himself. She said that her own father saw it with his two eyes when he was pig hunting. He was hunting a pig and looked down and saw the demon in dog form but with hooves, staring up at him, and then he just rode off on his horse.

So maybe over the years, it grew wings? I don't know what angels or demons look like, I wouldn't really like to see myself what they look like. I have read on the internet that a demon could look beautiful and an angel could look scary, or both can. I'm not sure...

But I was wondering if you can share something similar that has happened to you or someone you know, and also if you could tell me what a demon looks like, or what type of demon looks like this, and yeah. Thanks:) xx

Other hauntings by KiwiGal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KiwiGal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

strider009 (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-31)
whitewolf I got to say I can agree with you on every point. I wonder though if it was a "thunder bird why bug a group of woman in a car?
AllieB (10 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
I don't think an angel would menace random people like that.
masha (9 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
one thing kiwiGal, your mom said f**k wen such a thing happened? She should have said something something useful that time... Well, I don't think it can be an angel...:P
wstgrl (2 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
hey again, what is the name of the high school if you don't mind me asking
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
KiwiGal,
It is my understanding that 'demons' can appear in many shapes, and that some will even take a pleasing form in order to trick us.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
To me this story sounds like what your mom and her friends came across was like a "Thunder Bird".

To answer your question about demons; Demons do not have a true form they can appear in any form that they feel like morphing into it is all about fear with them.

The most common form that I have seen and heard of is that a demons will show itself as humanoid since your grandmother believes that it is the demon is the former chief of the Maori tribe the creature must have a relation to their spiritual beliefs. Try looking up on the tribes spiritual belief's and see if the description matches.

Thank you for sharing 😁

Whitewolf,
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
Haha, this story made me laugh out loud! It reminds me of what happened to a group of my friends one evening at Makapu'u! 😆 They still won't freely discuss that night when we hang together. Mahalo for this story - 4d 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: