You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Curly Smoke

Real Ghost Stories

Curly Smoke

 

It was 1987 and we were living in Pinner, Middlese, England.

A quite road with mock Tudor houses. Our experience occurred one evening in our lounge.

It was dark, the curtains were drawn, tableside lamps were on and we were watching TV. My wife Monica was sitting in an armchair opposite me and between us our cat Claude was curled up asleep on a poufe. The TV was to my left and to my right the lounge continued into the dinning room with a doorway to the hall and kitchen.

I caught sight of something moving to my right and turned to look directly at it. It was a cloud of thick smoke-like stuff turning and flowing in on itself, rather like very thick cigar smoke. The smoke curled across the room moving very slowly hovering just above the floor at ankle height.

I shouted across to, "Monica, can you see that, look!" Monica watched it with me as it drifted towards Claude. He woke and sat up. Anyone who has had a cat knows what a cat hello is like. It's a purr mixed with a meow at the same time.

Claude made the cat hello sound as the curly smoke drifted right into him but did not go past him. It just entered him and stopped. He was not afraid and there was no change in him after the event.

Monica and myself were amazed at what we had just witnessed. We saw it but still do not understand it. We never saw anything like it again.

So there it is, our true experience. Several years prior to the event, we lost our cat Moggsy to a road accident. He was a fantastic creature and always had fun and games in His life. He even used to chase dogs for fun and enter a neighbour's house, go upstairs, out the bathroom window and slide down the roof of his extension for fun. Great cat!

We wondered if it was Moggsy coming to visit Claude? Still don't understand what we saw but we did all 3 of us, see it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Eddo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

eleiriel (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-29)
Or maybe it could of been a deceased cat. Sorry I read your story wrong. Oops
eleiriel (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-29)
Do you think it could of been a djinn. Just a thought. Djinns are said to be make of smoke or fire and I've seen some stories and seen pictures of djinn hovering off the floor. There was one actual photo that someone took of one that was on, creepy hollows site forum of the djinn/genie section. I'm just saying an idea you don't have to take my word for it. Hope you find out what it was:)!
Eddo (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-25)
Brokentree
Its strange to see a smoke like thing drift across the room staying in a tight uniform shape. Smoke normaly blows about but does not look controled. What we have seen is definately defined and controled. Although it looks like very dense smoke which I couldn't see through, it does not behave like smoke.
Cheers Ed
BrokenTree (76 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-24)
Eddo
Your sighting was like a cloud right? My ceilings are 7 feet tall and what I saw was about 2 feet around and 7 feet tall, right up to the ceiling looking just like a column. Since your cat called out a purrdert, perhaps it was your deceased cat. If this column was my dead dog then maybe they show up in different forms such as cloud versus column. I still don't feel as though this was my dog. I am just absolutely amazed that you described it the way you did. I thought that I was the only one that ever saw such a thing. Purrderts to Claude.
Eddo (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-24)
Hi Brokentree
That sounds like you saw the same sort of smoke that I saw. The way you descibe it as curling in on itself. That descibes what saw exactly.
BrokenTree (76 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-24)
I had something similar happen at my house. I got up at about 2:15 AM to go to the bathroom. My cat Little Bear came in to see me. I have two cats but Nikki remained in the living room. Little Bear stayed with me until I was done and he left to go in the kitchen. The way my house is set up is that the front of the house is just one big long room. The bathroom is off the dining room but you can also see part of the kitchen. As I was drying my hands, Little Bear came tearing back into the bathroom and then shot through into my bedroom. His tail was all fluffed up. I look up and see a column of something like smoke curling into itself moving from the kitchen into the dining room. It had a soft glow about it and it went from floor to ceiling. I didn't feel anything like fear but I was worried about Little Bear so I charged after him. He went under the bed which is something he never does because his tail stands straight up because part of it is missing. I spent about ten minutes coaxing him out. I went out to check on the smoke column but it was gone. I had a dog who was hit by a car about 10 months before. She was just about a year old. It just didn't feel like her to me. Never could figure it out. And before I forget, when a cat makes a meow and a purr, it's call a purrdert.
Eddo (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-24)
Hi Sam222
When the smoke or whatever it was got tou Claud it drifted straighy into him bet did not pass through him. It did not fade, it just went into him.
Cheers for your reply
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-22)
Eddo, I have seen something just like thus, once in my life! (So far). But it was moving and it was not ankle height, but double that height of the ground. When you saw it, sis it disappear, or did it fade?
Thanks for sharing! 😁 😊
Argette (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-22)
I saw something similar once. It just rolled across the road, like tumbleweed.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-21)
Ooh faves!

Hi Eddo, I recently said farewell to my feline best buddy and it was really cool to read your story. Thanks so much for sharing it.

I was wondering if Claude had an out of body experience, at first, and the curly smoke you saw was him returning to his body. But as Claude woke up and said 'hi' that theory was pretty much debunked. I agree with you, it sounds like Moggsy was checking in. Maybe after playing silly buggers with your neighbours' roof, haha I love that!
Claude was probably familiar with Moggsy coming and going as a ghost. Which would explain his greeting the apparition.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: