You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Monstrous Smoke

Real Ghost Stories

Monstrous Smoke

 

I hail from a family that has been quite prone to supernatural events. Though, I haven't had many such experiences, the others have, and some very frightening ones. The story I am going to tell you is about my uncle during his college days. I don't exactly remember the city he was in but I am pretty sure it was Allahabad, U.P.

This incident happened during his summer vacations in the early 90s. He was staying back at his hostel. His hostel was a three floor building with his room on the second (top) floor. It was located near farming fields. One side of the hostel had a huge stretch of unending farming land. With no other house nearby, the hostel was at a very secluded location. It was around 10-11 pm when he returned to his room. At that time, there were a total of 4 students in the building, 2 on the ground floor, 1 on the 1st and my uncle on the top floor.

Late at night while he was sleeping, he was startled awake by a monstrous noise coming from somewhere nearby. He opened his eyes to see some strange thing trying to claw at his legs. The thing looked like smoke. Its shape was part human, part beast. It was making that monstrous noise and trying very hard to hurt him but was seemingly unable to. In India, we have a devotional hymn (poem) by the name "Hanuman Chalisa" which is said to drive away evil spirits. My uncle started reciting the Hanuman Chalisa, but the thing wouldn't stop. It took him 15-20 minutes of recitation to drive away the spirit.

He was so scared that he didn't get out of his bed to check what had happened. He still hasn't comprehended what had happened to him that day and gets the chills every time he recalls it. My uncle and other family members have had many such supernatural occurences and I'll be sharing them in my subsequent stories.

Thank you for reading my story, comments and explanations are welcome.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mshash92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mshash92 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
My uncle didn't try to find out the history of that hostel but many others had had strange experiences too, so there must have been something wrong with that place. He did have other experiences but none in that hostel.

He had a similar experience in Lucknow but it lasted only for a fraction of a second and was much less severe.
SONYA_N_SIBERT (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
that is some hard core stuf. Did the thing try to hurt him again or did it leave him alone? Was the place that he was staying at hanted? 😐
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
I am very happy to know that recitation of Hanuman Chalisa did work for your uncle! Even I also recite it anytime when I am alone at home and feel scared... Thanks for the story. Most hostels in India are known for being haunted. I myself stayed in one of them! 😨
vibhanim21 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
did the house have any history or something like that? Did he find out later what was the thing that tried to hurt him?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: