You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Advice And Validation

Real Ghost Stories

Advice And Validation

 

All of this started because of a comment I responded to from an experience posted not so long ago... An individual suggested the O/P find a Priesthood Holder from my Church and I found this odd as we Mormons are not normally the first Faith sought out when it comes to the 'paranormal'. The individual that made that suggestion never replied but it did lead to another member of YGS contacting me VIA e-mail and after receiving permission I post this experience...

Received Nov 25th

Hi Brother Rook,

I just wanted to ask a quick question...

My Uncle Darrell has been really sick lately and has been seeing a little girl and boy, he had never spoke to me about his beliefs in the Paranormal until the other night when my Aunt called me all upset because he said to her the children were arguing and told him he needed to get me because I was the only one who can help them. Flash forward to today... I went over to their home and NOTHING. I didn't sense anything besides my Great Grandmother's spirit. My Uncle was hospitalized yesterday evening. Could these spirits be attached to him? Could it be that they were just shy... I am just wondering if maybe you could give me some advice... Right now I don't feel too helpful.

My Reply Nov 26th

First and foremost, go visit him. If these spirits were wanting him to contact you there is a reason why. Second... Family History... His side... Are there any children, perhaps a brother and sister, who have crossed over... They may have even been 'stillbirths' that could account for them visiting your uncle? To answer more directly, yes they could be attached to him... The fact you did not sense them in the home makes me think they are and if/when you visit him where ever you visit him you should feel them.

They are secondary, I think visiting your Uncle is what's really important here.

Respectfully,

Garret

Received Dec01

You were so right. After talking to my Great Aunt I found out she did have a stillborn birth of twins... One boy and one girl. Uncle D is home again and I went over there. I did visit him while he was in the hospital and both times the children were there. I talked to my Uncle and the children let me know they were just visiting and had crossed over. They were so amazing. Uncle D could only see them when they allowed it. They wanted Uncle D to know that they were with him and loved him. I think I should explain my family is Native American and still have certain beliefs in Spirits that have stuck with us despite being brought up Mormon. I have been spending time with Uncle Darrell a lot in the last few days and have only seen my "Aunt and Uncle" 4 times. It is very special to me that they have been there when he was at his sickest and it makes me proud that my family has such strong spiritual ties. Thank you Brother Rook. I truly appreciate your help and concern. You have made me proud of my gifts again. You will never know what meeting u has done for my soul. Thank you again.

Your Sister in the Gospel,

Sister Tracy

I hope that this did not come off as 'too preachy' or 'pro-Mormon' I just found it interesting that Tracy was able to validate who these spirits were and the fact they were watching over Family.

As always Questions and Comments are welcome.

Other hauntings by rookdygin

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rookdygin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

stargeezer (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
Hi Rookdygin,
First, my deepest sympathies go out to you and your family! And my apology for jumping your comments thread in order to get some advice from you. I could have emailed you but I thought Melda and others may find your answer helpful. I have posted my question to you on the thread under my story, (www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24550) hoping you would come across it. So I'm copy pasting the same including the reply to Melda.
Apart from the plan to cleanse the place in question in my story, I'm also planning to do the ritual in my home.
About the house; I don't know how to put it. Let's say... This house we currently live just doesn't feel right. It feels, dead. I'm not suggesting to the general stresses in life here. Or any evil haunts and the like. (Mind you, in almost all the houses we used to live before had some sort of spiritual x-factor to them. Sometimes spooky even. May be the lack of it is the problem here) My family even had few pastors come over and pray regularly. But still it's the same. So I thought of trying out your method of cleansing, for good luck and to make this house a home! Kindly be patient on my English as well as my rambling please.
Here's my question (the copy);
"Hi Melda,
Thanks for being a great help by asking Rook the same thing I've been wondering and meaning to ask myself. And thanks for doing it on this thread instead anywhere (for I would have missed it)
Hope the cleansing you're planing works out well!
Regards,
Geezer
Hi Rookdygin,
Hope you are seeing this. (Sorry, I'm new to this site and don't know how it works; whether you get an alert coming your way since I'm just mentioning your name here and not using a tag or anything)
First, thank you for the explanation given below to Melda, which I find most helpful.
I was hoping may be you can help me out on one more thing please. Does one needs to be physically, as well as mentally pure (at least to a certain level;since its almost impossible to be 100% there') in order for a meditative ritual to be effective?
I.e. I have been practicing simple meditation along with yoga workouts, which I find really helpful in finding inner peace. On and off of course. It's during these bouts that I've found out that staying sober (no smoking, alcohol or other substances) helps out a lot. (I'm trying to quit smoking, again) And these meditations I do are non religestic. Being not a fan' of indoctrination myself, even though I come from a Christian background.
Hope I'm not talking about two totally different things here."

Also read your story above. It's quite fascinating actually. Going to read the rest of your stories.
Thanks and regards,
Geezer
TracyBritt2012 (3 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-02)
Rook, I am so sorry to hear about your Father. Thank you for sharing our experience with the community.
As always,
Your Sister,
Tracy
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-03)
I too, am so sorry for your loss Rook. I'm sure he was a great man. He did produce a gentle kind soul in you. I'll be thinking of and sending you and your family white light vibes. ❤
ladydarke (113 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-03)
Rook,

I'm so sorry you have to go through this loss. Best of wishes to you and your family.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-03)
Rook, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. May you and your family draw strength and understanding from one another, and find peace.

Condolences from South Africa,
Fergie
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-03)
Rook

Please allow me to tell you I am sorry to hear of your loss.
We here at YGS are like a family and when one suffers a loss we all
Are right there with you friend.
May your your heart be a peace

Randy
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Rook,

I am saddened to learn of your father's death; nothing I write will help you while you grieve, but you will find solace in your family and in your faith. I know your life revolves around supporting others, so it may be difficult to depend upon them as you struggle with the pain of bereavement. The healthiest thing you can do is to lay down your burdens for a while and focus on the relationships which give you strength.

Take care, my friend. We'll be here when you need us.

You have my deepest sympathies,
Biblio.
rynne (69 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Dear Rook, please accept my sincerest, heartfelt condolences. Sending my thoughts and prayers to you, family and loved ones. Peace, warm regards, virtual hug.
Myst (63 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Rookdygin; Peace and positive energy to you and your family.
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
I am so sorry, Rook. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Rook, I'm saddened to hear of your loss. Although I only know you from YGS as a wise and sensitive voice, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Blessings,
Seraphina
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Oh Rook, I'm so sorry.❤ Sending loving thoughts to you and your family. Take care of yourself and take things easy for a while. Much love to you.❤❤
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Rook,
Please accept my sympathies, and deepest condolences. Take all the time you need, we'll be here.
Hugs to you and yours.
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
rookdygin, I am so sorry about your loss...

Love and peace from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Peace and healing thoughts to you Rook. As you know, we are never truly separated from our family.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Rook: So sorry hear this. My sincerest condolences to you and your family. Take your time. We'll be right here when you're ready. ❤ ❤ ❤
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Rook,
I am so sorry for your loss, may your memories hold you steady.
Prayers and warm thoughts, for you and your family.
Jan
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Rook - I am so sorry for you and your family ❤ My prayers are with you.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
As we pray in the Orthodox Church, Rook: May his memory be Eternal.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Rook: I'm sorry for your loss.
You are in my prayers.

Pace and love.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Friends, Members, Lurkers and Trolls,

I post this here because I felt it necessary to announce some Sad News,

My Father passed away at approximately 2305 (1105pm) Friday February 24th. The process is on going and I find myself not having as much time as I would like to deal with things.

I will 'stay in touch' but may be a lurker for awhile.

May he rest in Peace. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

Respectfully,

Rook
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-10)
Dear Rookdygin,
Such efforts deserve heartfelt appreciation❤
Nice to see you haven't given up the good work😁
I came to say 'Hi'😊Hope you're doing good!

Regards
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-22)
Rook definitely not preachy nor pro Mormon, just someone who reached out to you and you helping as much as possible.

You helped to validate what her uncle was seeing, nothing more. And beautifully handled and written as always.

Well done my friend 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-20)
Rook

You were not too preachy or pro-Mormon. You were just your usual informative person that you have always been.

This was an interesting story and when you said that the Mormon faith was not the first faith one would run too about the paranormal. It has been my experience that the Catholic or Lutheran faiths are not all warm and fuzzy over the subject either.

Regards
Red
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-17)
Greetings, Rook:

I knew you had been a practicing Witch, I know you are an empath & astral traveller, and I know that you are a Minister. It was only when you responded to the other poster that I learned you are a member of the Mormon church, which teaches avoidance of stimulants and narcotics, family togetherness, preparedness for potential disasters, and worship of the Divine. (Probably not in that order.)

What with your church's internationally-renowned Mormon Tabernacle Choir, the Genealogical Database, and the hefty donations to the Boy Scouts of America, I'm sure the rest of us can overlook your promoting --No, wait a minute!-- I'M the one promoting your church. I readily admit that I'm not going to join (tea, coffee, chocolate, ales, red wines, gins, and single-malts have sunk their nefarious hooks into me quite deeply, I'm afraid), but you've NEVER sounded at all preachy, sanctimonious, or judgmental (unlike a certain British Agnostic smarty-pants).

Go to your Church, worship the Almighty, and stop for an ice-cream (without chocolate sprinkles) on the way home.

Best, as always,
Biblio.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-16)
Not too preachy or pro-Mormon at all! This site deals with topics all the time that often, by necessity, delve into one religious school of thought or another and you always handle things with laudable grace, Rook:-) You did a good thing helping a perfect stranger and I am glad her family found peace. Thank you both for sharing the experience. May your holidays be warm and wonderful!
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2016-12-16)
Rook,

As always, you will go out of your way to help others. You always come up with good advice.

Thank you for submitting this, and your service to the YGS community.

Bless you. ❤
Benny_Lundon (2 stories) (33 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-16)
What a lovely and interesting story, thanks for sharing.
Looks as though he was being watched over during his illness.
Tender really and not at all "preachy".
Regards; Benny.
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-15)
A really sweet story, Rook.

I was just talking to so, some about these experiences yesterday...
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-15)
Rook,

Nothing like validation!
It to me feels like breath of fresh air when a loved one comes around.
And better yet to have family standing with you, in spirit especially through hard times.

I really enjoyed this

Spiritwaiting

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: