You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Village House

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Village House

 

I started living with my grandparents about 4 years ago without knowing how that would change me and my thinking forever. We live in a small village in west Serbia and its the kind of place where everyone knows each other.

At first I didn't notice anything strange, I started hearing footsteps going up the stairs and faint slamming of the windows. I dissmissed all of that until one morning I couldn't find my shirt for school. We searched the entire house and we found it in the long room, spread out on cradle.

Now just for the record, there is one large room across my bedroom that we call the long room, and it mostly contains the stuff we don't use anymore. Also know, I am the only one on the floor, there are three rooms, my bedroom, another bedroom and the long room. My grandparents are sleeping downstairs.

After that I started being afraid. One night, three of my friends, D,N and M were sleeping over. We were on the balcony drinking coffee, when something in my room slammed and fell. We just dissmissed it and continued talking. After a while I went to the bathroom and as I was going down the stairs I heard footsteps going behind me. When I was going upstairs I heard it again.

I told my friends and they thought I was trying to prank them but at that moment, something was heard from my bedroom. The sound was as things were flying and smashing. We were too scared to go in and see. We were 17 at that time, it was a year ago.

It was 3am when we braved to go in, everything was in its place, no things were smashed or moved. But as I entered the hallway everything became very quiet and I felt breathing down my neck. We ran out to the balcony and locked ourselves out there until 7am, when we felt safe to get in.

I won't tell you every occurance, but I will tell you another one.

I was left home alone, and I suddenly heard a female voice downstairs. I got scared but I didn't want to think about it too much. Out of the corner of my eye I saw books stacked on my desk move slightly, when I turned my attention to them they just fell down. I called my friend quickly and he told me to get out of there.

I felt too scared to do so. Only when I heard my dogs bark intensely I ran down the stairs to check on them. When I looked through the window I saw them all sleeping, while I still heard the barking.

Suddenly the barking stopped and some kind of scream was heard from hallway. My friend told me to get inside now and I, terrified, told him that I am inside. I was heading to go up the stairs the same scream was heard from the room of my dead great grandmother.

Later, when my grandparents came home, I found out the clocks in the house stopped at 1:55pm, the same time they left the house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nevym, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-01)
I'm not an expert in this, but I personally don't feel that meditation automatically makes a person vulnerable to the spirits. Unless you're referring to when a person intentionally seeks out the spirits but hasn't been adequately prepared (not a good idea).

I've attended sessions for a few years with an instructor who follows Ayurvedic medicine. He's been teaching me a type of transcendental meditation, which helps me find calm and focus through all the busy thoughts that can clutter the mind. I'm not as disciplined as I should be, but once in a while I take about 10 or 20 minutes in the day to take a deep breath and settle my thoughts.

Rook has helped me recently when I needed to develop a personal shield. So, here is his method:
"Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.) "
nevym (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-01)
Roylynx - I would like to think there is one spirit that is causing everything that happens in the house.

Jubeele - I wouldn't say there is negativity, I do live alone with my grandparents, my parents are not really much around, I suffer from depression and have experienced personal trauma but that was years ago. My grandparents are great with me and we are very close, the only negativity is when I have one of my episodes.
Yea it sucks but I have support from my friends and it kind of helps cope with everything. Yes, I still experience things, almost daily. I want to try meditation and I feel sort of stupid for saying this, but I'm kind of scared to try and relax because I don't want to be vunerable for any sort of activity and to be honest I can get easily scared by that. But I agree I should at least try, so thank you so much for your tips.
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-30)
Nevym, I hear that Serbia is a lovely place too. You've not said much about the situation at home, however it may be that if there's general negativity around, the buildup of such energies can sometimes emerge as poltergeist-like activity. Cleansing and shielding may help counter some of that.

I'm sorry that your family isn't more supportive. Regardless of the reason, your fear is very real. Are you still having these experiences? Maybe meditation for focus and calm? If that works for you, that is. Perhaps it will help if you put them down in a journal: e.g. Date, time, place, description, emotion.

Please tell us as to how you go. You're among friends here at YGS. Take care and be well. 
roylynx (guest)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-30)
Nevym, Hmm... Let me try to remember your story...
Well you have wrote your story as if the 2 event was occurred by the same spirit, do you consider them as one spirits or 2 separate/different spirits? I am still kind of going, "What!?"

E.Lynx
nevym (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-30)
roylynx - yes, I reread the story and I can see why there could be confusion, the first event, with my friends on the balcony, was at night, the other event, with the scream happened in the afternoon. Two separate events.

Jubeele - I live away from that part, but I agree with him very much. At first it was a startled kind of fear, later on I actually started to be very scared. I'm not sure, maybe fear is clouding my judgement, but the more I experience the more scared I am.
I really wouldn't know. My family is very closed off, they won't talk about those things with me, their past, actually every time I mention something is happening in this house they just dissmiss it, even though my grandmother wittnessed some things with me too.
At this point I'm not even sure how to ask them that honestly, they look so sick of me asking about it and they get mad, so I finally stopped mentioning it. I actually thought I just do my own room, I will look it up, thanks.
roylynx (guest)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-27)
Wow...What a confusing story!? Or should I say more information please?
The one you guys were out the balcony until 7am... How is it related to the other encounter with the strange scream? What time was it again? Is it afternoon or midnight?

Please clear the fog for us, it is a very interesting one.

E.Lynx
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-26)
Hi Nevym, welcome to YGS. One of my neighbours (a good friend of ours) is from Montenegro - he says it's a most beautiful place.

My first thought when I read your account was that all the disturbances reminded me of pranks. The lost-found shirt, the noises in your bedroom, the fallen books etc - nothing was actually damaged. There's also the gathering of teenagers together... Could it be an attention-seeking poltergeist?

But then again, there's the fear level to consider. Was it more a startled "this-is-some-weird-stuff" or a full-on terror "danger-run-for-the-hills" fear? What was the underlying intent you sensed behind these activities?

Another thing to consider: was there any unresolved family issues relating to your great-grandmother? Don't mean to get too personal - just think about it for yourself. Also, is there any significance to the time 1:55pm?

In any event (many members here will suggest this as well), ask if your grandparents will permit a cleansing ritual of some kind. There are many ways available. If they're not on board with the idea, you can just do your own bedroom so you can at least have a sanctuary at home. Rook's method, which has been used by many, can also be found on his profile.

Without knowing more details, that is all I have for you. Be well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: