You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Queen Mary Kids?

Real Ghost Stories

The Queen Mary Kids?

 

I am curious skeptic, it has always been a source of entertainment to watch paranormal shows like "Ghost Hunters" and the Saginaw, Michigan films made by "Prozak" (although I find Prozak's films to be a bit more difficult to debunk in certain cases). A California native, I have heard many times that the Queen Mary is haunted. Yet as a thrifty individual, my wallet never justified experiencing their investigation or ghost tour.

My neighbor and childhood friend recently held a wedding reception there (I don't remember the name of the room). Upon arrival I didn't feel anything unusual. We were on the top floor and in the back of the ship, and I knew most of the activity was reported below decks, so I didn't think twice about a potential experience. After the reception, my mother, father, and I were walking side by side in the hallway (the first one off the top floor as you exit the elevator, along the side of the ship). The time was around 10:00pm. We were talking about the reception when I felt a tug on the back of my dress, and the hair on the back of my neck simultaneously stood on end. There was no one behind me. Mom and dad were too far on my left to have been the culprit. I looked behind me and told them that something pulled on my dress. Their response was very logical, maybe it had gotten caught on a nail in the floor or a piece of wood sticking out. There was no nail or splinter that could have caught my dress. The floors were uneven, but smooth to the touch.

My experience seems to have been different from most, so I didn't give it much credence for a little while, but it kept swimming around in my brain because it just didn't add up. VERY strange. Do I believe? Still don't know. I could have missed the object that snared my dress. But my mind remains open that it could have been a paranormal experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SucculentMania, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

southcaliguy (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-19)
I just recently shared my experience at The Queen Mary on here as well. So I believe you when you say you felt a little uneasy and skeptical. Its hard to determine what could of been as opposed to what it actually was. 😨 I'm hoping my article gets published on here soon.
AnnieLouise (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-24)
If I had been in your position, I would have been on edge for the rest of the night, lol. My Forte does not lie in ghosts, but rather in the fey and such.

As you said, it very well may have been an object on the floor, but maybe it was a ghost. What really sticks out as odd to me is that it stuck in your mind. Now, this could be because you knew of the legends of it being haunted, but it also may have been because it WAS a ghost trying to catch your attention. 🤔

❤ Annie

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: